Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #81
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Much more interesting/better episode this week. *

I was kind of hoping that the Killmonger beat was a branch of the same reality where T'Challa was taken and Killmonger ended up becoming Black Panther in his absence (ala, why he can toss a missile like it's a tennis ball).

*I do find them having a tough time "ending" these in a way that is satisfying. Partially a problem because you want to see more of the worlds, and by function of the series they are all going to be cliffhangers, I just feel some have fallen a little flat. Including this one.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:38 AM   #82
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Little disappointed in this one, was hoping they'd go for a Killmonger redemption arc. Marvel needs a new Black Panther, Michael B Jordan is a fantastic actor, and with the multiverse stuff it would have been the perfect opportunity to bring him back. Instead he's just an even more ruthless villain that you can't even sympathize with like the original
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
#-3
Old 09-16-2021, 12:59 AM   #83
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think I'm sold on the idea of killmonger becoming black panther. Feels like going backwards, retconning what's been established

I noticed tonight it sure makes a difference without the original voice actor. I didn't think it would bother me, but every time Tony Stark spoke It threw me a bit
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:54 AM   #84
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I’m pretty sure deepfake vocals are a thing if they really wanted that RDJ swag, but maybe they’re not allowed to?
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #85
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Little disappointed in this one, was hoping they'd go for a Killmonger redemption arc. Marvel needs a new Black Panther, Michael B Jordan is a fantastic actor, and with the multiverse stuff it would have been the perfect opportunity to bring him back. Instead he's just an even more ruthless villain that you can't even sympathize with like the original
Eh they still can.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #86
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't go wrong with a Michael B Jordan led episode. Think I even caught a The Wire reference.

That was the first one where I felt real tension and was intently glued to the screen wondering what will happen next. Agreed the ending felt a little awkward. I guess these are open for interpretation or maybe there will be sequels in season 2.

I feel a bit for the Tony Stark voice actor. He's pretty much the supporting lead but isn't named in the opening credits and ends up near the bottom of the end credits behind Leslie Bibb and her one line of dialog.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #87
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Felt this was a mediocre episode. I just don't care about Killmonger, but it also ended in a manner that felt unfinished, it would have been better to get a Shuri Wakanda tech, Stark tech hybrid armor or something as the end tease.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duruss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #88
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought that episode was pretty good with frat boy Thor. Pretty light compared to the darker tone episodes we've had in the last little bit.

Spoiler!
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #89
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, that was sufficiently silly and fun. Enjoying them playing around in the sandbox with the MCU.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #90
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol that was great
Old 09-23-2021, 12:49 AM   #91
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was hilarious. Chris Hemsworth has great comedic timing and doesn’t disappoint as a voice actor. Also more laughs out of Kat Dennings this episode than all of WandaVision.

How lusty was Jane? That was the most innuendo I’ve seen in a Marvel production.

Love how in every universe SHIELD is still nuke happy.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #92
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Are they setting up Infinity Ultron as the main antagonist of What If? The way he surprised the Watcher seems to be heading that direction. Perhaps the Watcher collecting the heroes in the past episodes to fight him?
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #93
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's the speculation. We'll find out next week on a Very Special Episode of What If!
Old 09-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #94
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That was neat, a very different Universe, Loki was an actual giant and not a runt, the entire Ragnarok cast minus Hela. The Thor vs Carol was fun and I liked how everyone, even Surtur, feared Frigga.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #95
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Are they setting up Infinity Ultron as the main antagonist of What If? The way he surprised the Watcher seems to be heading that direction. Perhaps the Watcher collecting the heroes in the past episodes to fight him?
Drawing a blank here. was this an after credit scene?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:39 PM   #96
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Drawing a blank here. was this an after credit scene?
Final minute of the episode proper. Thor and Jane are planning a date, then an Ultron / Vision hybrid with a bunch of ultron bots and all the infinity stones came out of a portal and surprised The watcher.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2021, 08:53 AM   #97
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best episode by a good margin for me. Definitely the best one since Strange.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:56 PM   #98
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, that one was the most thrilling and, subsequently, the most frustrating at the end.

Marvel broke a few rules of their own Universe structure there, or maybe I misunderstand the inter-dimensional dynamics of Infinity Stones.

You have to wonder why a Thanos with 4 Stones can be defeated that easily by what is essentially Vision.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:53 PM   #99
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would have loved to see what Widows and Barton’s storyline was be what happened in Age of Ultron. If he had initially beat them and they had to fight back.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:37 PM   #100
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Yeah, that one was the most thrilling and, subsequently, the most frustrating at the end.

Marvel broke a few rules of their own Universe structure there, or maybe I misunderstand the inter-dimensional dynamics of Infinity Stones.

You have to wonder why a Thanos with 4 Stones can be defeated that easily by what is essentially Vision.
They should just visit the TVA, they got a whole drawer of stones.
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote