Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #21
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

GG's goalie management has been terrible anyways. No way Elliott should've been started in game 4 last playoffs if he was gonna yank him after one goal.

Not Starting Lack against Van or Carolina was a missed opportunity as guys usually step up against their old team.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #22
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'd rather put Jacques "Le Coq" Grandé in net than Niemi.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #23
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

GG's goalie management has been terrible anyways. No way Elliott should've been started in game 4 last playoffs if he was gonna yank him after one goal.

Not Starting Lack against Van or Carolina was a missed opportunity as guys usually step up against their old team.
The Following User Says Thank You to alan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 12:17 PM   #24
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Do you feel good about yourself piling on? Feel like a big man?

I didn't watch Niemi and I didn't know he was the one getting lit up. I based my opinion off Niemi's reputation and it makes sense the Flames should look to replace Lack since they have zero confidence in him.

I think what is bothering most posters is that perhaps you could study up on the situation prior to making an off the cuff comment/opinion. It was pretty obvious that Neimi had fallen off from his "reputation ", otherwise why would he be released? Additionally, before saying a player is a clear upgrade, you should consider his cap hit and contract length, as these often figure in a players availability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #25
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
I'd rather put Mason McDonald in net than Niemi.
I'd rather put Lanny McDonald in net
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #26
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post

He wasn't going to yank him after 1 goal. But he was always going to yank him after THAT goal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheFlamesVan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #27
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
LOL.

Niemi is 0-3, sitting at a 7.50 GAA and .797 SV%. With Pittsburgh of all teams.
Jeez, that's not even sieve territory. That's "somewhat OK at dodgeball" territory.

I dunno how I'd do strapping the pads on and playing behind the Stanley Cup champion defence, but I could probably keep the GAA lower than 6 lol.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #28
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post

Do you have any proof of this? Why would you not ride Smith when he has been playing as good as he has?

Seems like another excuse to pile on GG for no reason
Old 10-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #29
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I assumed Lack would have played in Vancouver had we won vs Ottawa. But after a loss, best to go back to your best bet at a win the following game/night.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #30
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

As bad as Niemi has been I wonder if Vegas doesn't claim him considering the injuries to Fleury and Subban.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #31
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

If we're only going to play our backup once every 10 games, I prefer to go with a guy like Rittich and his $750k cap hit than Lack at his $1.3 cap hit.

Doing so would basically neutralize the Bouma buyout
Old 10-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames can't win half their games right now with a good goalie let alone winning any games at home. What makes anyone think they can win with any backup goalie. Their system currently sucks as usual in their first 20 games or so and they can't score as the team is relying on playing defensive hockey. So, it won't make a difference on who they have in net. This team is LACKING offence and it's not a pun on Eddy either.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #33
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I didn't watch Niemi and I didn't know he was the one getting lit up. I based my opinion off Niemi's reputation and it makes sense the Flames should look to replace Lack since they have zero confidence in him.

Do I feel like a big man? No, of course not. I apologize for offending you by disagreeing with your statement.

The problem I’ve been having with this board lately (and not just in this instance) is that some posters tend to make reactionary/off the cuff statements that make little to no sense and there is nothing to back up their claims. These types of comments don’t generate positive discussion and I would argue that they degrade the quality of this message board.

Treliving obviously liked something about Lack otherwise he wouldn’t have acquired him. They are not about to cut him loose without even giving him one game (especially for Niemi).

There is nothing to suggest that the Flames Lack confidence in Eddie. He is here to be the number 2. This isn’t a 1a 1b situation like we’ve been used to in the past. Lack wont play much because he is the backup. Why would they not rely on Smith when he has been playing like an all star back there? Expect him to start 60-65 games this year.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #34
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

Uninformed posts should always be called out for what they are.

If you're embarrassed about it maybe put some effort into informing yourself before parading your opinion out in public. You put zero effort into informing yourself about Niemi and claim he's an upgrade you should be ridiculed.

This board needs less off the cusp, reactionary, uninformed posts. Too many posters on here say the first idiotic thing that crosses their mind. How quality is the discussion in here when half of the posts in most of the threads are on ignore? Game threads are unreadable. Half of every thread is unreadable garbage.

Strongly considering giving up on discussing the Flames on the net. This board makes me sad these days.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #35
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
Flames can't win half their games right now with a good goalie let alone winning any games at home. What makes anyone think they can win with any backup goalie. Their system currently sucks as usual in their first 20 games or so and they can't score as the team is relying on playing defensive hockey. So, it won't make a difference on who they have in net. This team is LACKING offence and it's not a pun on Eddy either.
Well they can, exactly half
Old 10-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #36
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post

If you're embarrassed about it maybe put some effort into informing yourself before parading your opinion out in public. You put zero effort into informing yourself about Niemi and claim he's an upgrade you should be ridiculed.

This board needs less off the cusp, reactionary, uninformed posts. Too many posters on here say the first idiotic thing that crosses their mind. How quality is the discussion in here when half of the posts in most of the threads are on ignore? Game threads are unreadable. Half of every thread is unreadable garbage.

Strongly considering giving up on discussing the Flames on the net. This board makes me sad these days.

Strongly consider leaving this forum for good.

Maybe the board could do with less jerks.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #37
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post

Lol...
Old 10-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #38
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

CP is like vampires, they need to feed. You stick your neck out a little they will
swoop in; but like bats they will also keep you warm! you're in good hands!

Last edited by DazzlinDino; 10-23-2017 at 03:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #39
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlinDino View Post
CP is like vampires, they need to feed. You stick your neck out a little they will
swoop in; but like bats they will also keep you warm! Your in good hands!
*you're

(nomnomnom)
Old 10-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #40
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Strongly consider leaving this forum for good.

Maybe the board could do with less jerks.
Well... can you defend suggesting the Flames go with Niemi over Lack?
Closed Thread