Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #441
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Looks like they're going to run two episodes a week back to back starting on October 15th so Rebels will end before the premiere date of the Last Jedi.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #442
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like Disney just wants to get this over with and on to their sequel series timeline show. I hope they put more money into it than they did Rebels.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #443
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump just a reminder that the final season starts on Monday with a 1 hour episode.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #444
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Thanks for the reminder just added the channel, interested to see how they wrap this up.

Rebels has had a few very epic Star Wars moments like Ahsoka vs. Vader, Obi-Wan's closure with Maul.. I hope this season is about the main characters and bringing all of those arcs to an end. It's been cool to get a peripheral view of whats going on with the big names in the same timeline, but lets focus on finishing what we started here!

All that being said.. I would like to know what happened to Ahsoka But I just don't want it to be the focus of the season..
Old 10-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #445
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Thanks for the reminder just added the channel, interested to see how they wrap this up.

Rebels has had a few very epic Star Wars moments like Ahsoka vs. Vader, Obi-Wan's closure with Maul.. I hope this season is about the main characters and bringing all of those arcs to an end. It's been cool to get a peripheral view of whats going on with the big names in the same timeline, but lets focus on finishing what we started here!

All that being said.. I would like to know what happened to Ahsoka But I just don't want it to be the focus of the season..
There's a lot of story lines that really need to be wrapped up

The ultimate fates of Kanaan and Ezra since the Jedi are all but extinct and Tarkin would know if they were both alive.

Ahsoka's fate, there are rumors that Ashley Eckstein is involved this season. But part of me needs her to be dead (sorry)

The Ghost crew involvement in Rogue one and their continued investigation of the Death Star.

The fate of Thrawn, a Admiral that good would be involved with the future events.

The ultimate fate of the Madalorians.

This could be a busy season with a lot of tragedy.

Things I would like to see

Rex and Cody meeting up maybe on the battlefield on opposite sides.

The final formation of the alliance

The nearly completed Death Star

Krennec

Death Troopers in action.

A final appearance by Angry committed Vader

A cameo by Palpatine.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #446
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

I was just thinking, I remember at the beginning of Clone Wars Ahsoka was fairly hated by the fanbase, she was too powerful and too snarky, but they did this incredible job of developing her, and she had some great heartbreaking episodes and the way that she walked away from Anakin at the end, you know that she had an effect on him falling.

A mature Ahsoka was excellent, and I got chills when she first linked with Vader and he said "The Apprentice lives" and she screamed in horror and at that moment knew that her friend and mentor was evil and she still wanted to save him out of guilt.

Now she's a beloved character and nobody wants her to be dead or die, but its probably going to happen.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #447
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Just got my Ahsoka figure for Imperial Assault, this is going to be a tricky one to paint but they did an awesome job on the model IMO.

Old man Maul and Palp also pictured:

Old 10-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #448
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've never played the table top games, how are they?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #449
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

You would definitely like X-Wing, it's basically a table top flight warfare game, you move the pieces around with templates, roll dice for damage, played on an open mat it's a lot of fun. I play a bit of that but mostly imperial assault it's a dungeon crawler in the Star Wars universe basically just a rag tag team of fictional rebels thrust into a campaign woven around the iconic characters. One player plays the imperial and the rest play a hero and they go at it, grid based movement and dice roll attacks. Both are actually very popular at sentry box in Calgary I wish I lived in a bigger city with a larger player base. IA also has a skirmish mode where you go head to head against another player building an army of your choice either rebel imperial or scum
Old 10-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #450
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'm typing this in my iPad so a little tougher, but just YouTube it for some demos.

If you click tutorial in these links it shows you the game:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...erial-assault/

X-Wing is much more popular than ia skirmish, but the campaign play in IA is awesome. I've often been playing that game as the imperial player throwing hordes of storm troopers and probe droids at my revels thinking CaptainCrunch would eat this #### up.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 10-15-2017 at 08:46 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2017, 09:37 PM   #451
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That could be a fun beer night gaming thing.

I've occasionally picked up Star Wars insider and the sheer amount of advertisements for the add ons and models for the game are amazing.

In university I played drunken D+D with some friends. I managed to find an enchanted rope and basically used it like a hand grenade to clear rooms.

The guys liked that.

But they hated that even thought I was a good elf, I got bored and decided to betray the other members of my party.

I Accidentilly tripped one member into a mystical wirlpool by passing a note to the dungeon master. And then when we were fighting this ogre and it came to my turn. I put my hands down, and took a sip of beer and spouted Elf Union Rules as to why I couldn't fight.

I wasn't invited back cause everyone died and I got rich.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #452
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought that was a really good start to the season and puts some closure on Sabine's story and the Mandalorian arc.

Bo Katarn still just outright rocks.

The scene with the bodies and the ash was really well done.

They've clearly spent more money on the animation as the episode looked amazing.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #453
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Is there anyway to watch this legally remotely on an iPad? Got it pvred at home but won't be back for a few weeks.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:50 AM   #454
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not sure, it doesn't show up on the Disney channel in Canada.

Shaw on demand might have it if your a shaw subscriber.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #455
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just some more thoughts

Spoiler!

Old 10-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #456
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

The new season is available for purchase on Google Play (and presumably iTunes and Amazon though I haven't checked) for those who don't subscribe to a cable package with Disney XD.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #457
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Finally watched them, thought it was a good start. Kind of glad this arc is over though so,we can focus more on the OT rebellion forming. Looks like next episode should start to heat things up.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #458
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ok now those two episodes were awesome. Lots of Easter eggs and I really like the direction this season is heading. Basically setting the stage for rogue one.

Very well done fight scenes in these two episodes both in space and on the ground, especially compared to the first few episodes.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:26 AM   #459
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I loved the episode.

You can see how tragic and lost Saw really is. When he was a youngster he saw his sister die in front of him, and then the rest of the people died. And it took a fiery young man with some ethics and made him old.

Was a little bit disappointing in the Death Troopers, I was looking for more awesome from them.

A multi-episode character died tonight as the captain of the cruiser had been in several episodes.

I love how these guys animated Star Destroyers, they just make them look like brutal oppression engines.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #460
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Saw is clearly going to lose a battle soon as he was missing limbs and lungs? in Rogue one.

But I love how these characters from the movie keep showing up as voice actors on the series.