Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #81
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

"I didn't watch Niemi, how was I supposed to know he sucks?"
- Dale Tallon, probably
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #82
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camm13 View Post
Not sure how the order works, but they already claimed Macolm Subban thus putting them in last or near the bottom of the list to be able to claim another player.
I found it

In summary:
Lowest winning percentage of points at the time of the claim during the regular season.
If claim is placed before November 1st, the previous season's regular season standings are used.

There is no mention of this bottom of the list thing so I'm not sure where that comes from.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #83
Kovaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoller View Post
I found it

In summary:
Lowest winning percentage of points at the time of the claim during the regular season.
If claim is placed before November 1st, the previous season's regular season standings are used.

There is no mention of this bottom of the list thing so I'm not sure where that comes from.
The bottom of the list thing used to be the rule at one point, but they got rid of it in one of the last two lockouts IIRC.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:59 PM   #84
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
The Panthers are the Avs of the east. What a weird team.
Not sure what's weird about this. Saqe explained exactly why Niemi was picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqe View Post
Luongo is on IR so I assume he'll just be a temporary back up.
Reimer will be the starter and Niemi will back him up until Luongo returns. I'm pretty sure he goes right back on waivers after Luongo is fully healthy. It's an ok insurance policy in case Luongo is out longer than a week and you actually need someone to play on a back to back or for the 3rd game in 4 nights. The good news is that the Panthers don't have any of those situations for the next couple of weeks, so it's likely that Niemi never sees the ice over Reimer unless it's a blowout.

The next best option is 20 year old Sam Montembeault who is playing his first pro season after junior. The kid is nowhere near ready, even for backup duty. After him we're talking about the 22-year-old undrafted Evan Cowley also playing his first pro season. There really isn't much depth for the Panthers at goalie, so picking up Niemi short term is fine so long as he stays on the bench.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:04 PM   #85
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Strongly consider leaving this forum for good.

Maybe the board could do with less jerks.
I am strongly considering leaving this forum for good.

The board could use less posters who crap all over the board with their verbal diarrhea. Not talking about you in particular but the calgaryblood and Backlund_socks types.

Hard to find intelligent conversation on this board these days. Rampant stupidity instead rules the day.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 10-24-2017 at 10:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #86
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
I am strongly considering leaving this forum for good.

The board could use less posters who crap all over the board with their verbal diarrhea. Not talking about you in particular but the calgaryblood types.

Hard to find intelligent conversation on this board these days. Rampant stupidity instead rules the day.
Must be tough being an elite poster in a sea of 4th line and minor league posters.
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread