Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #41
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
But yeah I think Jack either had a heads up or he's been in this situation before. It was pretty elegantly worded from his thanking Julie to give him a chance to respond, to his ability to try and defer blame while apologizing. Definitely not like Aaryn who played the "I'm pretty and southern so people think I'm racist" card.
The producers had many discussions about it with Jack so he’s had plenty of time to think about his responses. I think he was surprised with Julie Moonves bringing it up in the exit interview but he was ready to address it.

Then the malfunctioning Chenbot completely messes it up with a inappropriate term of her own throwing to commercial. I believe this is the last year of her contract.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #42
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

What did she say that was offensive?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:50 PM   #43
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
What did she say that was offensive?

Probably referring to this?

https://www.newsweek.com/big-brother...iction-1453824
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:56 PM   #44
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Probably not the best wording but I would wager a lot of people that use or have used the word have no idea of its origins or that it has racist implications.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #45
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah that didnt seem as big of a deal as some made it out to be.

I can't say I blame Cliff for making deals, Katherine was mad at him but what was he supposed to do? He's on the block and trying to stay, of course he's gonna make deals
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #46
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
what was he supposed to do?
Stand up and fight for what he believes in!

And Julie really calling people out this year. Called out Cat for her game play too.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:07 AM   #47
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope that it works out in Cliff's favour because it was a ridiculous argument by Kat especially for a guy who's already been evicted. Of course he's going to say "yes" when approached by the people who have the power to save him.

But, if people think Kat doesn't like Cliff, maybe they will be more likely to take him further and not see him as a threat due to jury votes while Kat may see how big of an idiot she was if Nicole gets into the jury and can rationalize with her.

And jeeze, what is with this season and no one being able to keep anything secret? Nicole, you don't actually have to make it to final six with them. Just tell them what they want to hear, and then when/if you get power go and work with Jessica. Instead you just formed an alliance that you immediately ratted out, everyone knows you did, and you still went with them.

I think Jessica might be in a good spot compared to what she has actually done, I could see her taken to the finals as a pawn but end up with Cliff/Kat/Nicole votes while receiving votes from Jackson/Holly if she were to be up against someone like Kristi.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #48
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
And jeeze, what is with this season and no one being able to keep anything secret? Nicole, you don't actually have to make it to final six with them. Just tell them what they want to hear, and then when/if you get power go and work with Jessica. Instead you just formed an alliance that you immediately ratted out, everyone knows you did, and you still went with them.
Ya....that was all just dumb. She's been just terrible in this game. Sometimes I forget she's even there.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #49
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dumb dumb move by Nicole. I'm shocked she went that way after knowing Cliff made a deal that left out Jess. Even without strategy, I thought she would have voted with her heart anyways and kept the more genuine person in Kat. Not a good move strategically, and seemed out of character for her personally.

Keep Kat = Have a majority in an alliance of 5 with Kat and Jessica.
Keep Cliff = In a minority and on the bottom in the alliance of 6.

I hope Kat wins America's favourite.

Can't stand Tommy, Christie, Nick, and Sis. Tommy and Christie having a close relationship outside of the house and the advantage of not anyone else knowing is really unfair.

Last edited by mile; 08-16-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:59 PM   #50
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
I hope Kat wins America's favourite.
Kat wins 4x4's favourite. Rawr.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:28 AM   #51
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

So glad Christie is going home this week, could not stand her
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #52
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

This season is really meh.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #53
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
So glad Christie is going home this week, could not stand her
My girlfriend has this show on in the apartment constantly.

I've never watched so much of a season of this. I find basically all of the contestants really unlikeable and/or annoying. Is it always that way? I guess they want contestants that aren't boring.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #54
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's really hit or miss. Last season had Tyler, Kaycee, Haleigh and Brett who I found either enjoyable or likeable. In fact most of that cast was far more likeable compared to the majority of this cast.

But the year before that was terrible, one ringleader and a bunch of unlikeable bullies that make the Six Shooters look like saints. There was also no real gameplay as everyone just did what Paul wanted until he cut them and even though I'm glad on a personal level Paul didn't win, the fact that he didn't also soured the season.

Season 15 had an extremely unlikeable and vile cast, especially after the pre-jury.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #55
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season really does have the whiniest bunch of hypocrites to date. My god what an intolerable group. Tommy used to annoy the hell out of me but is growing on my now. Even Jackson is a bit more tolerable. Really don't care who wins TBH.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #56
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

This season has been pretty good the last few weeks after a boring first month.

Don't like Christie staying, but Sis was completely useless. Glad she won't get the chance to float to the end of the game.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:25 PM   #57
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This season has been pretty good the last few weeks after a boring first month.

Don't like Christie staying, but Sis was completely useless. Glad she won't get the chance to float to the end of the game.
I wouldn’t have minded Sis staying. She’s nice to look at.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #58
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can't believe those idiots decided to keep Christie
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #59
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Well I guess it shouldn’t be surprising that the most boring, undeserving and all around terrible human Andy from BB15 calls this the best final 8 in BB history. Or at least something along those lines.

It feels like this game totally hit the brakes once they made jury. Most of the houseguests left have done little to deserve the prize. I think we’re seeing more of the Paul effect.

Little bit of an odd season. I just don’t find most of this cast particularly likeable. Jess is beyond useless and I’m not a huge Christie fan. Other than that I don’t think i care who wins. Even Mickey is tolerable now Jack is gone. No real heroes or villains.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #60
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pedro View Post
Can't believe those idiots decided to keep Christie
On one hand Sis was the type of player that could float to final 3 never winning anything and getting blood on her hands so I can see keeping Christie in the house for people like Cliff as she will always be a big target. On the flip side she's ultra-paranoid and shown that she will turn on anyone at any time and it's hard to work with people like that. I just feel that was a major fail for Jackson to evict Sis of all people on his HOH as she's probably the only person (Tommy maybe) in the house that wouldn't have put up Holly and him to split the showmance. Lucky break with Holly winning the next HOH though because one of them surely would have been on the block this week otherwise.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote