Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #41
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ah DAZN. The NFL's middle finger to Canadians.
Curious what you mean by this? I thought it was really good and with all the soccer rights falling to them next year I'm really excited.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:56 AM   #42
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Netflix know the day is coming fast when pretty much the only content they'll have is original content. Which is why they spent $13 billion on original content in 2018, and they plan to spend another $15 billion this year.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 06:42 AM   #43
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yesterday, Disney announced that they're going to offer a package deal (presumably in the US only) of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for $12.99 a month.

They have also announced that they're not content with just remaking all their own old movies. They're going to remake Fox's back catalog too to get content for Disney+.

They will be making reboots/reimaginings of Home Alone, Night at the Museum, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Cheaper by the Dozen.

Since they'll be for Disney+, I don't know if the plan is for them to be movies or tv series.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #44
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Yesterday, Disney announced that they're going to offer a package deal (presumably in the US only) of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for $12.99 a month.

They have also announced that they're not content with just remaking all their own old movies. They're going to remake Fox's back catalog too to get content for Disney+.

They will be making reboots/reimaginings of Home Alone, Night at the Museum, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Cheaper by the Dozen.

Since they'll be for Disney+, I don't know if the plan is for them to be movies or tv series.
If they remake Home Alone they should use the original cast and make it more dark, that would be awesome.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #45
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

That price point isn't bad. I think I'm paying $8/month just for my sports package now. Really not excited about remakes of those movies though. What makes them is the character performances. The concepts themselves are pretty weak.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #46
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
If they remake Home Alone they should use the original cast and make it more dark, that would be awesome.
Kevin with a crippling meth addiction defending his home against the Police would certainly appeal to some demographics.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #47
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Kevin with a crippling meth addiction defending his home against the Police would certainly appeal to some demographics.
Kevin has to overcome a crippling meth addiction to help save his elderly parents that were left accidentally in the nursing home unattended over Christmas and targeted by the wet bandits out for blood on the parents when they discover the parents during a holiday retirement home heist.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #48
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Kevin has to overcome a crippling meth addiction to help save his elderly parents that were left accidentally in the nursing home unattended over Christmas and targeted by the wet bandits out for blood on the parents when they discover the parents during a holiday retirement home heist.
Lets pitch it! Its a bit on the dark side for Disney but its well within Fox's wheelhouse!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #49
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Netflix - $17
Crave/HBO - $20
Sportsnet - $20

I tried amazon prime and didn't like it, so I turfed it.

I will pay another $15 for this. My kid will love it.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #50
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^

Agree. I'll probably subscribe to Disney+ day 1 too but it's getting expensive to have all these different streaming subscriptions.

I still subscribe to traditional cable for Flames hockey mostly (and my wife likes the typical cable trash still) but the cost is getting crazy as the content get's more fragmented across all these different platforms.

Cable Package: $65
Netflix: $15
DAZN: $20
Disney+: $15 (guessing)
Prime: $7 (More for the delivery service than the Video though)

I'm intrigued to see what happens with Netflix. They are going to keep bleeding content as the traditional parties introduce their own platforms (Disney, WB, etc) and while they have done a good job with their Netflix Originals I'm not sure that will be enough to keep growing.

Looking at it now too and it's kind of funny because now there is probably an opportunity for someone to come in an bundle services up again almost like a cable provider. I know TELUS recently started offering Netflix as an option as part of their theme pack choices.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #51
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

It was confirmed by Disney that November 12th is the US only launch, we can expect it in Canada first quarter 2020 apparently. Not sure if we will get access to the ESPN/HULU package as that has primarily been American? I hope we do though, don't even care about ESPN just all the Hulu content would be awesome.

Also that price wouldn't be ours either if that is the case, probably closer to $20.

I will have to reevaluate my package in the new year.. between the standard package, HD stuff, HBO/Crave, Netflix and now Disney+.. something will have to get squeezed out.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:08 PM   #52
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by MacDaddy77; 08-07-2019 at 01:25 PM.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #53
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
It was confirmed by Disney that November 12th is the US only launch, we can expect it in Canada first quarter 2020 apparently.
The question there is, will it be the first quarter of Disney's 2020 financial year (which starts October 1) or the actual year 2020?

When it was first announced, it sounded like they were talking about the financial year (since they were talking to shareholders), which would mean it will be available before the end of the calendar year.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #54
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Apparently McCauley is ahead of you on this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/B04MLVuA...d=lilys0j2fujh my
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #55
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will this only be family friendly content or will they have more mature rated shows/movies as well?
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:45 AM   #56
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Will this only be family friendly content or will they have more mature rated shows/movies as well?
Most of those Disney Princess 'Spinoffs' were likely unlicensed so I doubt they'd be included in the official catalog.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #57
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Disney+ will be family friendly (probably up to PG-13, depending on the film). The more-mature things will likely be put on Hulu.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Deadpool and Logan since they're R-rated, but still should fall under the Marvel banner.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:47 AM   #58
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wonder if you can access old school Disney content because I need my Condor Man and Donald Duck fix.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gundo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 08:03 AM   #59
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Will launch in Canada on Nov 12 just like US version. $8.99 CAD.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...nd-1203305784/
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #60
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I can't quite tell by that article (probably because it's early) if they are suggesting the bundle is available in other countries or just the US. With all PG and mostly kid content I'd want the bundle with HULU or else not worth it.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote