Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
toonmaster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Mobile Vehicle Detailing

Can anyone recommend a mobile vehicle detailing service in Calgary? Have read many mixed reviews from no shows to skipping parts of the vehicle.

I'm located in central NW. Not sure if that impacts for how far these mobile units will travel.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #2
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a guy in the news not too long ago who is in a wheel chair and doing mobile detailing. I cant remember his name but its a feel good story and you'd be helping out a local family.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:31 AM   #3
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
There was a guy in the news not too long ago who is in a wheel chair and doing mobile detailing. I cant remember his name but its a feel good story and you'd be helping out a local family.
Hah, that guy comes into my shop every so often. He's a super cool guy and totally passionate about detailing cars. Can't remember his name, though.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #4
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Detail Lab
https://detaillab.ca/
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2021, 09:45 AM   #5
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Detail Lab - I took my car there a few months ago and he did an awesome job. Great guy too
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #6
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
On one hand, this saves a lot of crouching. On the other, how is this guy doing my roof and interior?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #7
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have never taken a vehicle for detailing before. I have toddlers and would almost be too embarrassed to drop off a vehicle in that condition for cleaning. Is there a limit to interior mess that these places will deal with or is that exactly what they are for?
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:17 AM   #8
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used these guys last year in May found them on Kijiji
they were really good, for 100 bucks inside cleaning only for SUV
https://www.facebook.com/burnoutcarwash/
Old 03-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #9
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I mean your car shouldn't be full of garbage. Detailers aren't there for that. If you've got a bunch of stains they're generally not there to do a steam cleaning, though some might offer that service.

I get my car detailed once a year or so, and it's really just to polish it up inside and out so it feels more or less new when I get it back.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:22 AM   #10
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah, I mean your car shouldn't be full of garbage. Detailers aren't there for that. If you've got a bunch of stains they're generally not there to do a steam cleaning, though some might offer that service.

I get my car detailed once a year or so, and it's really just to polish it up inside and out so it feels more or less new when I get it back.
If you're not bringing it to a place that has the capability to steam clean your carpets, why bother? Just to wipe down the vinyl and clean the seats? That's like 30 minutes and $20 in supplies.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:26 AM   #11
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mobile Detail Squad Inc did a fantastic job on my car, I very highly recommend. The convenience of them coming to the house was awesome and was happy to support a couple younger guys with their business.
Trojan97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #12
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
I have never taken a vehicle for detailing before. I have toddlers and would almost be too embarrassed to drop off a vehicle in that condition for cleaning. Is there a limit to interior mess that these places will deal with or is that exactly what they are for?
Depends on the one you go to. But also, most of them are by-hour pay, so if you drop off a rolling dumpster, expect to pay...

Old 03-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #13
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
On one hand, this saves a lot of crouching. On the other, how is this guy doing my roof and interior?
From one of the news articles about him:

Quote:
Jones offers a range of detailing packages for the interiors and exteriors of vehicles, doing most of the work himself, including vacuuming and steam cleaning.

"Some of the hard parts are deep inside the car that I can't get to, so that's where my companions come in and they help out," he said.

Jones is aided in his daily life — and now, at work — by two health-aid companions, who make sure he's safe and his needs are met.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:05 AM   #14
toonmaster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Went with Mobile Detail Squad. After a couple reschedules due to weather, on the third try I agreed to have the vehicle detailed at their shop in Montgomery rather than my driveway. It was time to get it done rather than continue to reschedule.

Vehicle came back extremely clean. Service was professional and flexible. Felt I got great value for the price. Would recommend.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #15
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No idea what a detail is worth. What's a competitive rate for a typical family sedan/suv?
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:59 AM   #16
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionTheDman View Post
No idea what a detail is worth. What's a competitive rate for a typical family sedan/suv?
$50-70/hr
Old 04-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #17
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
If you're not bringing it to a place that has the capability to steam clean your carpets, why bother? Just to wipe down the vinyl and clean the seats? That's like 30 minutes and $20 in supplies.
This is a late reply because I didn't see this until now, but a good detail is so much more than this. Granted, most of what I'm paying for is work done on the exterior, but I get my car back spotless - it literally feels totally new inside when it's done. But I don't live in my cars, really, and I tend to keep them pretty tidy inside.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #18
d00little
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Had my car detailed in my garage by G.R.Auto_Detailing (IG username). Good job and great price. H also did some rust repair on my car cheaper than anywhere else I could find.
d00little is offline   Reply With Quote