Old 04-01-2021, 06:59 AM   #1002
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Pow! has a Brentwood location now:

https://powpizza.ca/#Menu
That was noted a while back. We have got pizza from the Brentwood location a several times now. Good deep dish pizza although I wish they had a few more traditional offerings as some of them are a little out there.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #1003
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Would just recommend the actually pretty good pizza. We've had it a few times now and will likely get it again in the future. Preferred it to the other Neapolitan/thin crust styles around.

The Diavolo and Capriciossa are my favorites of the ones tried so far. Margherita is also solid.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:13 AM   #1004
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Tried Royal Pizza out of Sage Hill the other day, and it's my new favorite now. Perfect amount of toppings-to-crust ratio and they use real ground beef, instead of that frozen beef pellet crap that most pizza places use. For a Mexican or Hamburger pizza fan that's a huge plus
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #1005
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Wife and I tried Crispy Crust Pizza this past weekend, we really liked it. For us it rivals Niko's based on flavor. It was also slightly cheaper and closer to our home.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #1006
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bow Tie is excellent and does a good gluten free!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:27 PM   #1007
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Tried Royal Pizza out of Sage Hill the other day, and it's my new favorite now. Perfect amount of toppings-to-crust ratio and they use real ground beef, instead of that frozen beef pellet crap that most pizza places use. For a Mexican or Hamburger pizza fan that's a huge plus

Yeah, Royal makes a pretty admirable pie. They’re an Edmonton export (the Sage location is the first one in Calgary), which one usually needs to be weary of for obvious reasons, but it’s great quality.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:22 AM   #1008
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Yeah, Royal makes a pretty admirable pie. They’re an Edmonton export (the Sage location is the first one in Calgary), which one usually needs to be weary of for obvious reasons, but it’s great quality.
They actually opened one in Royal Oak years ago but it didn't last for some reason. Happy they're trying Calgary again as it's always a must-stop when we're in Edmonton visiting family or friends.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2021, 08:08 PM   #1009
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had Sammy's Pizza the other night and it didnt disappoint. Usually I get the Hawaiian but this time I tried the Sweet & Spicy - chicken with BBQ sauce and jalapenos. I would recommend it.
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:20 PM   #1010
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

For inner city SW folks, am still a huge fan of the guys at 4 Street Pizza.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:50 AM   #1011
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Went old school on the weekend and got Atlas pizza. Heavy toppings, lots of cheese, kinda sweet sauce. All in all, just what I was hoping for. I lived in Penbrooke when I was growing up, and my dad's old-timer hockey team was sponsored by Atlas Pizza. This was the mid 70s. Lots of good memories of their pizza and all the team family events we had in their lounge. Kids and everything. Our social circle when I was a kid was largely my dad's hockey buddies and their families.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #1012
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Went old school on the weekend and got Atlas pizza. Heavy toppings, lots of cheese, kinda sweet sauce. All in all, just what I was hoping for. I lived in Penbrooke when I was growing up, and my dad's old-timer hockey team was sponsored by Atlas Pizza. This was the mid 70s. Lots of good memories of their pizza and all the team family events we had in their lounge. Kids and everything. Our social circle when I was a kid was largely my dad's hockey buddies and their families.
For my money, Atlas is the best pizza in the city.

It's not the best for take-out, but for dine-in, nothing is better. But maybe that is just in my head.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 11:38 AM   #1013
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

It's not the best for take-out, but for dine-in, nothing is better. But maybe that is just in my head.
Atlas pizza is very good for dine-in.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #1014
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

If there's one thing I miss from my days living across from Elliston Park it's the proximity to Atlas Pizza.

On that note, what are people's other recommendations for good Greek-style pizza? I enjoy Paul's, Top's, Crispy Crust, Eddie's Nest, Olive Grove, Jon's (though the last two are hit and miss in my experience). What other spots does this group enjoy? We're in McKenzie Towne so that factors in as well.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:54 PM   #1015
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I gave this a try and also thought it was pretty good. The spaghetti pizza was actually nice, although I don’t think I would order it again. We all liked the deluxe. The quality was really good, I think the price is a tad on the high side at $20 for a 10” pie, but at the same time, it was really filling though.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:39 AM   #1016
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
If there's one thing I miss from my days living across from Elliston Park it's the proximity to Atlas Pizza.

On that note, what are people's other recommendations for good Greek-style pizza? I enjoy Paul's, Top's, Crispy Crust, Eddie's Nest, Olive Grove, Jon's (though the last two are hit and miss in my experience). What other spots does this group enjoy? We're in McKenzie Towne so that factors in as well.

Something has changed at Jon's, and not for the better, imo. Not sure if they have changed their pizza dough, but it has been lacking the last couple times I have ordered.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #1017
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I gave this a try and also thought it was pretty good. The spaghetti pizza was actually nice, although I don’t think I would order it again. We all liked the deluxe. The quality was really good, I think the price is a tad on the high side at $20 for a 10” pie, but at the same time, it was really filling though.
Ya the price is definitely on the high side, if it's true that they've already failed once with a Calgary location they should try lowering it a bit if the Sage Hill location suffers. It's a pick-up pizza only for me, when I had delivery the first time it was almost $80 after tip. Works out good though, I just use the trip as an excuse to hit Wine & Beyond while I'm in that area
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:01 PM   #1018
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
Something has changed at Jon's, and not for the better, imo. Not sure if they have changed their pizza dough, but it has been lacking the last couple times I have ordered.
This is happening a lot with smaller places throughout Covid. Tommys in Canyon Meadows mades a cheese change and it changed everything. I didn't realize how amazing their old cheese was until this stuff.

Still a good pizza, but I think a lot of these places got forced into making some sort cuts to their ingredients.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #1019
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya the price is definitely on the high side, if it's true that they've already failed once with a Calgary location they should try lowering it a bit if the Sage Hill location suffers. It's a pick-up pizza only for me, when I had delivery the first time it was almost $80 after tip. Works out good though, I just use the trip as an excuse to hit Wine & Beyond while I'm in that area

Ha. Yes, I made a stop there for some refreshments. Nice to see that there growler bar is open again for refills.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:01 PM   #1020
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
This is happening a lot with smaller places throughout Covid. Tommys in Canyon Meadows mades a cheese change and it changed everything. I didn't realize how amazing their old cheese was until this stuff.

Still a good pizza, but I think a lot of these places got forced into making some sort cuts to their ingredients.
Why would they change the cheese? Cut costs?
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote