Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
lazy_programmer
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default switching insurance

I have house & auto insurance with TD (Primmum). I've been on hold for upto 3 hrs a day for the past week but still can't get a hold of anyone. I get that it's extremely busy right now due to covid and the hail storms, but anecdotally, a few other people I know were able to contact their insurance companies rather quickly.

I would like to purchase a new vehicle this week and add it to my insurance, but with TD's slow response time trying to figure out my options.

1) Would it be possible to close a deal with the dealership and delay pickup of the vehicle until I get insurance on the van (I am hesitant to get possession until I have coverage due to all the hail storms this summer). Other than this one time, I have had good experience with TD insurance.

2) Can I get insurance (both home and auto) with another company and simply fax in a cancellation request to TD. If I do this, will they refund my any overpayment effective from the cancellation date?
lazy_programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #2
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought you could add a vehicle online to get coverage, then follow-up to confirm pricing etc...

Once you get the pink slip you are covered...
Old 07-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

1) Probably? Don't see why a dealership would have an issue with that.
2) Absolutely but you'll likely lose out on cancellation fees if you are doing this mid-term.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good luck.

I know someone that is insured with Intact.

They still haven't spoken to anyone about the June 13/20.

Yeah, "You're back"............

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #5
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had the exact same experience with TD last week. I bought a new vehicle and the dealership didn’t want me to leave the parking lot until I had it added onto the policy. I waited in the dealership for over two hours on hold until I could convince the dealership to let me leave because I had a work meeting that I was supposed to lead. They did eventually pick up - 3 minutes before my meeting started (annoying because I had to put the attendees of the meeting on hold to deal with it).

The good news is that they do eventually pick up. You also can use the online chat feature which at least tells you where you are in the queue.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #6
kcin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Had the same issue with TD a month ago. Sold a car we weren't using but took weeks of trying to get through to cancel the insurance and add another driver to an existing policy. Also of course when I tried to login to the online portal it wouldn't let me (I had previously registered) and told me to call their customer service line for assistance...facepalm.
kcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #7
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t they have websites to add to your policy ?

Have you checked ?
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:39 PM   #8
lazy_programmer
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Thanks all, I was finally able to register with the online app. I do see the option to add another vehicle, it says it takes upto 2 business days, so we'll see. The dealership was understanding, the guys said they've had customers with the same wait time issue with TD.
lazy_programmer is offline   Reply With Quote