Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #1681
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I loved the Jane Foster Thor run so much, it is my favorite. Very happy to hear that this will be happening in Thor 4.

However I do not and never have cared about the Eternals, so skipping that one.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #1682
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Is there a decent Eternals series I could read for a refresher on them? I consider myself to be reasonably knowledgable comics reader but know next to nothing about them.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #1683
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will say I never thought the Guardians of the Galaxy would amount to anything. I'm skeptical about Eternals, but we'll see.

There will be a lot of Eternals refreshers out between now and the movie of course. Articles are already starting to hit sites.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #1684
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Concept art from SDCC
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:13 PM   #1685
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm starting to find it hard to keep up with Marvel (haven't seen black panther or captain marvel) and not much has grabbed me in phase 4 except What If? Thor got better and better the further it got from Portmans character, but Waititi has perfected the Thor formula, so I still have high Hope's. I don't think anyone outside of Joss Whedon has been able to make Black Widow a good enough character to carry a movie. I remember eternals being super lame but so was GoG and the cosmic side of marvel is one of its strengths. Any of these could turn out great and I'll probably watch most, but I'll be checking reviews first.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:03 AM   #1686
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t really find it hard to keep up. I mean I can drag my butt to the theatre 2-3 times a year, it’s not too crazy.

Now if all the series start being essential viewing to keep up with the MCU I may start to fall behind. But I feel those will be side stories more than anything.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #1687
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

The cosmic part of Marvel is definitely one of my favorite parts. Loved GoG. Hated that Inhumans series though. I was mildly disappointed with how they dealt with the cosmic side in the Captain Marvel, as it was just boring.

I'm a little bit concerned by the cast, as the makeup of the cast leans towards a soap opera style battle for supremacy, which is where they went with Inhumans, and that was awful. None of the actors they've chosen are especially known for comedy, so it's probably not going in the direction of Thor.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #1688
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those of you who want to check out Joker early it appears the film will be doing the festival circuit and will premier in North America at TIFF.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #1689
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So phase 4 all confirmed and laid out:

Black Widow: May 1, 2020
The Eternals: November 6, 2020
Shang-Chi and the legend of the 10 rings: February 12, 2021
Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness: May 7, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder: November 5, 2021

So five more movies, each will have their own part to play in the universe but the noticeable absence is any sort of team up movie. That apparently accordingly to Feige, will be in phase 5. Kind of nice to get a break from that after End Game, would be impossible shoes to fill so soon.

Phase 5 confirmed will be Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, GOTG 3 and the confirmed 'team up' or Avengers esque movie. I imagine one or two more sneak into that phase as well, perhaps Spider-Man 3.

Future looking pretty good for Marvel, they've got some off beat but still interesting titles upcoming and a return back to some of the safer successful franchises in Phase 5.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #1690
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

So five more movies, each will have their own part to play in the universe but the noticeable absence is any sort of team up movie. That apparently accordingly to Feige, will be in phase 5. Kind of nice to get a break from that after End Game, would be impossible shoes to fill so soon.

Phase 5 confirmed will be Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, GOTG 3 and the confirmed 'team up' or Avengers esque movie. I imagine one or two more sneak into that phase as well, perhaps Spider-Man 3.

Future looking pretty good for Marvel, they've got some off beat but still interesting titles upcoming and a return back to some of the safer successful franchises in Phase 5.
Very interesting. Only the Black Widow, who's movie is a prequel, is the only one of the original Avengers team with a movie. I'm assuming that Thor and the Hulk will make appearances in at least some of these movies? Is Thor 4 meant to be more of a team-up movie with the female Thor, or primarily feature the female Thor?
Old 07-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #1691
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

I assume they're going to get a Captain America in there somewhere?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #1692
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I assume they're going to get a Captain America in there somewhere?
Did you see End Game...?

That shield will now be in The Falcon and Winter Soldier series
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #1693
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Very interesting. Only the Black Widow, who's movie is a prequel, is the only one of the original Avengers team with a movie.
Not true -- Thor 4 is listed there. Otherwise:

Hulk -- his solo movies are difficult to do since Universal holds the distribution rights and is notoriously finicky about them. Marvel gets around this by using the Hulk as a supporting character in other movies

Iron Man --
Spoiler!

Captain America --
Spoiler!

Hawkeye -- has a TV series all to his own coming out

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #1694
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yea I could list the TV shows to..

On Disney+

Falcon and Winter Soldier - Falcon has picked up Cap's shield, Zemo will return as a villain.

WandaVision - Scarlet Witch and Vision? Guess he isn't dead? This will apparently have ties into the Dr. Strange movie.

Loki - This is going to follow his adventures from the moment he escapes with the tesseract in End Game up until... maybe leading into him back for Thor 4?

Hawkeye - Clint Barton handing over the bow to Kate Bishop (actress not yet cast) and apparently some back story into his transformation to Ronin.

What If? - Apparently an animated series that will delve into alternate timelines if things happened differently, like What if Cap didn't leave during WW2?

Hulu

Ghost Rider - Not sure if a reboot or a continuation of Marvel's Agent of Shield.

Helstrom - Not really sure what this is lol

And apparently a team up animated series on Hulu for Howard the Duck, M.O.D.O.K., Hit Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler called The Offenders.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #1695
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are rumors going around that J.J Abrams is going to direct a new Superman and Green Lantern film. Don't know how reliable they are but man I really want a new Superman film.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:47 PM   #1696
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I really don't want a new superman movie. I want them to just let Superman lie for a few years. They don't need to keep pumping out reboots every few years.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:57 PM   #1697
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I really don't want a new superman movie. I want them to just let Superman lie for a few years. They don't need to keep pumping out reboots every few years.
People said the same thing about Spider-Man but now everyone seems to love the new Spidey films (myself included). I imagine this will be much the same way but better cause Superman > Spidey
Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #1698
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

JJ Abrams is all set up and no pay off, I can't get excited about any of his projects. He uses the 'mystery box' style of story telling, where he gets the audience all excited about 'whats in the box'? When he himself has very little interest in 'whats in the box', he's really only interested in the excitement he can generate from making people wonder what's in the box.

if you're still curious and have 20 min to burn:
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #1699
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

It looks like DC has realized that forcing a big universe was a dumb idea. Instead the last few movies have all been pretty self-contained and distinct. I've actually really liked 3 of the last 4 DC movies, and if the Joker is good, they'll definitely have me back on board.

Rebooting a character doesn't really bother me, as long as the movie itself is good.

Also, the new Superman movie isn't going to actually hit the theaters for 4 more years.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #1700
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would hope they do Superman in the same fashion as Spiderman - as in I don't need to see a baby on a dying planet put into a spaceship, crashing into Rural USA, and discovering his powers as a child/teenager, then moving to metropolis and getting a job as a reporter.

I've seen that enough times, everyone knows the Superman story.

Give me a story where Superman already exists please.
I_H8_Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote