Franchise Player

Exp:

I want a goddamn supertall so that we can show Toronto whose boss
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #62
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Twin 1000' middle finger buildings to tell Vancouver and Toronto to suck it?
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #63
migsbenz
Draft Pick

Is that where the Astoria project was supposed to be?
migsbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #64
frinkprof
First Line Centre

Exp:

^Post #45?

No. The Astoria Project was at 10th Ave. and 9th Street SW and it was built up to grade and has sat since. The Brad Lamb project is at 10th Ave. and 6th Street SW.

In other news, apparently Vogue and Union Square II could fire up this year (see the listing for renderings of these projects).
frinkprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #65
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought there was going to be a four seasons like hotel incorporated into this project.

EDIT: Probably should have read the actual article.

The Phase 1 office tower is part of a larger mixed-use development which incorporates office, retail, a five-star hotel and luxury condominium residences.

Last edited by corporatejay; 04-10-2012 at 11:11 PM.
corporatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ge-hilton.html
Quote:
The announcement on Tuesday of a hotel project marks the third major land development deal for Calgary's emerging East Village neighbourhood.

U.S.-based Widewaters Group plans to build a $75-million Hilton complex at Fourth Street and Seventh Avenue S.E.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #67
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any insiders with news on Herald Square and this *supposed* super project that is going to be the 'next Bow'?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #68
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Any insiders with news on Herald Square and this *supposed* super project that is going to be the 'next Bow'?
From your post I'm not sure if you're saying the Herald Square is the "next bow" or there's the Herald Square and some other project that's "the next bow".

If there's another greater than 1.5 million sq. ft. building being discussed I've not heard anything about it - and given the current economic environment I'm not sure now would be the time to be announcing it and seeking tenants to secure some construction financing.

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 06-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #69
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
From you're post I'm not sure if you're saying the Herald Square is the "bext bow" or there's the Herald Square and some other project that's "the next bow".

If there's another greater than 1.5 million sq. ft. building being discussed I've not heard anything about it - and given the current economic environment I'm not sure now would be the time to be announcing it and seeking tenants to secure some construction financing.
I've heard a few things about a big special project in addition to the development of Herald Square, but nothing concrete.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #70
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I've heard a few things about a big special project in addition to the development of Herald Square, but nothing concrete.
Cool - we'll see I guess. I think Herald Sq. is supposed to be 1.0+/- million sq. ft.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #71
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Cool - we'll see I guess. I think Herald Sq. is supposed to be 1.0+/- million sq. ft.
Check the article linked on page three, (http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...458/story.html). Brookfield applied for 1.2 million, but that was before they were able to acquire the whole block, so now they could develop something up to 2.8.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #72
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dialog is the designers on Herald Square, as far as I know.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #73
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
Check the article linked on page three, (http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...458/story.html). Brookfield applied for 1.2 million, but that was before they were able to acquire the whole block, so now they could develop something up to 2.8.
Yeah, but they're not sure what they're doing with the parking lot portion just yet. It's the biggest private parking lot in Calgary, could just be continued as a parking lot for now and developed later on. Brookfield could use the lot as a lot for plenty of their other projects and lease out the spaces on a more permanent basis than the daily parking that was previously supplied by the lot.

Additionally they're locked into their financing on the parkade for at least a year IIRC, can't demolish it for awhile or without approval from their lender.
That lots got an interesting history and has been near forclosure a few times.

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 06-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ranchlandsselling For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #74
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, but they're not sure what they're doing with the parking lot portion just yet. It's the biggest private parking lot in Calgary, could just be continued as a parking lot for now and developed later on. Brookfield could use the lot as a lot for plenty of their other projects and lease out the spaces on a more permanent basis than the daily parking that was previously supplied by the lot.

Additionally they're locked into their financing on the parkade for at least a year IIRC, can't demolish it for awhile or without approval from their lender.
That lots got an interesting history and has been near forclosure a few times.
If they've started soliciting designs as the article stated, wouldn't they have decided on the fate of the parking lot?

Last edited by SebC; 06-10-2012 at 07:58 PM.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #75
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
What is going into the old French Maid block?
Something phallic shaped would be perfect.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #76
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
What is going into the old French Maid block?
See post 65
Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #77
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
If they've started soliciting designs as the article stated, wouldn't they have decided on the fate of the parking lot?
Quote:
Canadian Commercial Operations, says he has already launched a competition with a select group of local and global architects to provide a site plan that may include a single or multiple buildings.
Yeah, of course they're going to consider everything, but they've got different designs, one for multiple buildings, if the multiple buildings scenario goes - like EAP, they don't necessarily have to do it all at once. Bringing on a million sq. ft. of office space certainly doesn't have the diluting effect it once used to in the market - but it's still a lot of space. 2.8 is a ton of space. Additionally that parking lot cash flows half decent., no hurry to bring it down when Calgary already has a shortage of parking. As much as I'd love to see a gargantuan full block development it's a lot of construction to finance. As well Brookfield would want to bring on that many sq. ft. slowly (well not slowly, but...) so not to cannibalize their current buildings.

It would also be good to watch the backfill of all ECA/CVE space and the EAP buildings.

Have you been in Edmonton recently? That Epcor centre is a monster for the Edmonton market.

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 06-10-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #78
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I took a quick look through the thread but couldn't see it - does anyone know what's going in on the north-east corner of 12th Ave and 9th St. SW? Next to the Alberta School of Ballet/Blind Monk. I can see the construction out our window, but I haven't see any signs of what's going in there.
tete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #79
frinkprof
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
I took a quick look through the thread but couldn't see it - does anyone know what's going in on the north-east corner of 12th Ave and 9th St. SW? Next to the Alberta School of Ballet/Blind Monk. I can see the construction out our window, but I haven't see any signs of what's going in there.
Aura.

frinkprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frinkprof For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #80
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two new projects slated for the Hillhurst-Sunnyside area. First up is a new 4 storey wood frame condo from Bucci developments, location would be on the 800 block of 5th ave NW:

Spoiler!

Expected to have about 110 units.

The other proposal is on the current Osteria de Medici site:

Spoiler!

It will feature a rooftop garden, main floor retail, and the second floor could have mixed uses (retail, office, common areas for condos above).
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: