Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2024, 10:42 AM   #101
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
Imagine how sad your life has to be to obsess over such things. CP has a growing cohort. I don't even know who this Wastedyouth person is...
Probably less sad than finding yourself in a situation where your ego is so fragile that you make multi-post rants painting yourself as a victim because your opinion about a hockey player was corrected and get an ego boost from anyone just remembering who you are even if it was remembering the fact that you regularly hold dumb opinions. Imagine how sad THAT would be.

You didn’t even understand DZS% so people rightly corrected you, and you made something up about the Flames starting in the DZ more often so you were corrected on that, too.

It’s OK to be wrong. It doesn’t mean everyone is out to get you little guy. The ego is going to be just fine if the stuff you pull out of thin air gets corrected. You’ll be OK.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:03 AM   #102
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Which data point was that? That he was "relatively sheltered"? My data point was he saw almost no time shorthanded, averaging 3 seconds a game. I posit there is some subjectivity to "relatively sheltered". But some claim there is an official NHL definition that exists somewhere maybe.
Dude man, just take the L. Not playing shorthanded means being sheltered is a weak argument when all his other 5 on 5 stats show otherwise. Seems like your mind is already made up regardless of facts and stats proving you wrong. So is there even any more point in providing further stats that refute your argument? It doesn't seem like you are open to changing your mind once you are dead set on it.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:27 AM   #103
BigThief
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Don't take the L cannon, dig in!
BigThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:06 PM   #104
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

cannon7 I will ABSOLUTELY be your friend!

Thanks for the request!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 03:52 PM   #105
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
cannon7 I will ABSOLUTELY be your friend!

Thanks for the request!
Can you believe PepsiFree turned me down?
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:00 PM   #106
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Probably less sad than finding yourself in a situation where your ego is so fragile that you make multi-post rants painting yourself as a victim because your opinion about a hockey player was corrected and get an ego boost from anyone just remembering who you are even if it was remembering the fact that you regularly hold dumb opinions. Imagine how sad THAT would be.
When I'm forcing myself into every little disagreement of yours you might have a leg to stand on here. Let alone remembering every little detail. But don't stop rattling off the hits.

Quote:
made something up about the Flames starting in the DZ more often so you were corrected on that, too.
Still waiting on that citation, diabetic bro.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:18 PM   #107
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThief View Post
Don't take the L cannon, dig in!
We all know I have a Miromanov agenda.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:29 PM   #108
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This thread...

D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 04:31 PM   #109
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
When I'm forcing myself into every little disagreement of yours you might have a leg to stand on here. Let alone remembering every little detail. But don't stop rattling off the hits.

Still waiting on that citation, diabetic bro.
A leg to stand on where? You get an ego boost from me just remembering who you are and seem blown away by the concept of people remembering the conversation the conversation you’re in with them. You epitomize the struggle lol.

The citation is the stats page on NHL.com. Didn’t think I needed to cite easy to find, basic information, but hey… you’re trying, and that’s important.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:11 PM   #110
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
A leg to stand on where? You get an ego boost from me just remembering who you are and seem blown away by the concept of people remembering the conversation the conversation you’re in with them. You epitomize the struggle lol.
Yes, some random nobody remembering me on an internet forum months or years after the fact is pretty mind blowing. Fully agree.

Quote:
The citation is the stats page on NHL.com. Didn’t think I needed to cite easy to find, basic information, but hey… you’re trying, and that’s important.
That's what I thought. Full of it as usual.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:17 PM   #111
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, some random nobody remembering me on an internet forum months or years after the fact is pretty mind blowing. Fully agree.

Out of curiosity, where was your source or citation for this "stat"?

Quote:
If your team is spending a majority of its time in the defensive zone (which the Flames were late in the season)...
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:36 PM   #112
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Miro was traded to us less than two months ago, it’s not really hard to remember conversations you had in March in… you know… April… unless you have a health issue that prevents it. But if you’re saying this is “years” old, maybe you’re the one a little obsessed, huh? What was our interaction years ago that has you so upset little dude?

And yes, the stats page on NHL.com is full of “it,” if you mean full of the stats I shared. Do you need me to explain how the website works or is there an adult that can help you in person?
Old 04-25-2024, 01:45 PM   #113
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
And yes, the stats page on NHL.com is full of “it,” if you mean full of the stats I shared. Do you need me to explain how the website works or is there an adult that can help you in person?
Ok, since you're either too lazy or a liar, let me do it for you.
1. I go to https://nhl.com/stats and click "Teams"
2. This takes me to https://nhl.com/stats/teams and I select the "By Season" tab
3. I then enter a date range of March 9 to April 18, or the time period Miromanov played on the Flames
4. I then select "Calgary Flames" as the franchise
5. Then I iterate through all the "Report" types

And what do I find? Not one of them has DZS% or OZS% in them.

But wait, your claim was...

Quote:
Except the actual stats don’t show a team starting more in the defensive zone than usual down the stretch, they show a team that stayed around average overall, with Miromanov and Weegar’s defensive zone starts increasing over the last 20 games while everyone else’s decreased.

March was statistically their second lowest defensive zone starts over the course of the season, while April right in the middle. January and October were the two highest.
So how did you arrive at this?

Quote:
So, none of what you’re talking about is actually based on anything real, as usual.
Oh the irony.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:30 PM   #114
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
2. This takes me to https://nhl.com/stats/teams and I select the "By Season" tab
3. I then enter a date range of March 9 to April 18, or the time period Miromanov played on the Flames

Oh the irony.
Lol, OZ% (or percentage of shifts started in the Offensive zone) is under both possession and SAT%'s tab under reports, you goof.

You'll find at 5v5 he has one of the lowest offensive zone starts on the team, but you also find he has some of the best shot rates for and against also, having not started as much as many others in the Ozone.

What else you got?

Last edited by Wastedyouth; 04-25-2024 at 04:05 PM.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 03:54 PM   #115
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Oh the irony.
Still waiting to hear how you arrived at the Flames spending the majority of the time in the defensive zone post trade deadline, which is the claim you made. Citation please.
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Groot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 04:57 PM   #116
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like him and think/hope he turns into something. Some are probably thrown off by his skating but lets see how he looks after some more recovery time and time with Danielle Fujita.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:01 AM   #117
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlameDog View Post
I like him and think/hope he turns into something. Some are probably thrown off by his skating but lets see how he looks after some more recovery time and time with Danielle Fujita.
There's a lot to like about the player considering he was a bit of an afterthought in comparison to what is looking like a first and second round pick return in the deal.

This team needs to take some risks in terms of trying to find high end talent whether in the draft or via trade. If Miromanov turns into a #4 that can flirt with 10-12G and 17-20min a night (which is seeming like it is certainly possible), that is massive.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:46 AM   #118
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Oh the irony.
It’s not ironic, I’m just not as big of a luddite.

If you had actually looked at the Faceoffs wins and losses tab, you would’ve seen that they have total faceoffs, offensive zone faceoffs, and defensive zone faceoffs (among other stats). Now, I don’t want to blow your mind here, but by looking at the percentage of total faceoffs that were defensive zone faceoffs you get… that’s right… DZS%

Congrats big boy! You’re learning!

Care to share your answer to this with the class? Or are you just a “liar”?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
Still waiting to hear how you arrived at the Flames spending the majority of the time in the defensive zone post trade deadline, which is the claim you made. Citation please.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:56 AM   #119
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
There's a lot to like about the player considering he was a bit of an afterthought in comparison to what is looking like a first and second round pick return in the deal.

This team needs to take some risks in terms of trying to find high end talent whether in the draft or via trade. If Miromanov turns into a #4 that can flirt with 10-12G and 17-20min a night (which is seeming like it is certainly possible), that is massive.
Yeah trade could go from ...

Protected 1st rounder in '25
3rd round pick
Throw in

To ...

Unprotected 1st rounder in '26
2nd round pick
4/5 defenseman moving forward

Huge swing (pick isn't assured, but Vegas up 2-0)
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:35 PM   #120
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

99% of CP: "+/- is a useless stat because of too many factors can skew the results"

The same 99%: "here's 11 different advanced stats, with only 20 games of data, that PROVE my interpretation of a player"

The other 1%: "only an oilers fan would disagree with my opinion"
Kipper_3434 is offline   Reply With Quote