Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2022, 11:24 PM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Flames 4 Oilers 3

Flames 4 Oilers 3

- Flames build up 4-1 first period lead.
- Dan Vladar picks up the win
- Nazem Kadri with his first goal as a Flame, adds an assist
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:33 PM   #2
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well summed up, thanks for the write up
Old 10-15-2022, 11:33 PM   #3
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michael Stone gets his first 3 point game, 1st Star and Hockey Night In Canada towel!!
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:41 PM   #4
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stone picking up right where he left off from the playoffs last year.

Top to bottom this team's D is very good. It's the big difference between them and the Oilers.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 12:27 AM   #5
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Having 3 solid centers to go up against McDavid is something we've been missing. Makes one quickly forget Johnny and Chucky.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:44 AM   #6
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL Oilers fans calling it our Stanley Cup. That's hilarious considering beating the Flames in the playoffs was their Stanley Cup as it's lost on their fans and media that they got swept in the next round but they just keep going on and on about their 2022 playoffs like they were close to getting to the finals or something. Beating the Oilers has always been expected over the last few decades so our Stanley Cup would be the team winning the real thing.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
LOL Oilers fans calling it our Stanley Cup. That's hilarious considering beating the Flames in the playoffs was their Stanley Cup as it's lost on their fans and media that they got swept in the next round but they just keep going on and on about their 2022 playoffs like they were close to getting to the finals or something. Beating the Oilers has always been expected over the last few decades so our Stanley Cup would be the team winning the real thing.
So annoying that the Flames entire D core was either out or injured for that series. Flames are a much better team than the oilers and play a much better style. It would have been a much different story.

Fricken Oettinger for extending that Dallas series the way he did
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 09:04 AM   #8
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Having that second line come to life is a real treat. They’re going to make life miserable for other teams if they can keep this up. I’m fully confident that the Huberdeau line will figure it out, too. Huge shout out to the fourth line for what I thought was an excellent night. It’s amazing to see Lucic still be a presence out there and the whole line did a great job of playing smart, physical hockey. Great start to the season and you know Sutter will have their heads on straight as things progress. What a fun team!
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabaracci_31 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #9
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

McDavid sure didn't stand out as you usually see in games in Edmonton.

I think that really speaks to the three deep center roster and boosted blueline.

Also thought it was key that the Oilers had zero high danger chances on four powerplays (Calgary has 6)
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 09:12 AM   #10
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's especially ironic for them to say that, considering yesterday on social media before the game, a pic was circulating of a blinged out design of a "Battle of Alberta Champions" Stanley Cup champs-looking Oilers ring.

That series was clearly their Stanley Cup, especially to circle back to in order to feel better once they got swept.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:13 AM   #11
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

3 centers that can score . Kadri was a lot better than expected. He is the huge difference.
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #12
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

I think that really speaks to the three deep center roster and boosted blueline.

Also thought it was key that the Oilers had zero high danger chances on four powerplays (Calgary has 6)
Calgary's last PP was bananas. I was shocked they didn't score. Had 4-5 good looks.

One of the worst games I've seen Draisaitl play in recent years. Lots of turnovers on his part.

Game looked like it was going to get out of hand and turned into a good match in the end. Too bad these teams only play 3 times this year.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 09:53 AM   #13
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Calgary's last PP was bananas. I was shocked they didn't score. Had 4-5 good looks.

One of the worst games I've seen Draisaitl play in recent years. Lots of turnovers on his part.

Game looked like it was going to get out of hand and turned into a good match in the end. Too bad these teams only play 3 times this year.
The Oilers always have a chance with McDrai. Like having a HR hitter or a boxer with a knockout punch.
The game should have been a blown out. Not even close.
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 09:54 AM   #14
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

NHL can get out of its own way

with a perfectly balanced 32 team conference and division another 2 games need to be added

other conference 16 x 2 =32
other division 8 x 3 = 24
own division 7x4= 28 rather than 5x4 + 2x3 = 26

total games 84

How many other natural rivalries only get 3 games every 3rd year.

The Oilers - Flames is as close to a playoff game as there is in the regular season.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ricardodw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 10:01 AM   #15
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

How was McDavid's goal not a high danger chance? Also Bouchard walked right into the slot for a good, and clear chance, on the last PP
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:01 AM   #16
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh I'm ok not watching the Oilers much. I don't enjoy their games. I find them endlessly frustrating. Eff 'em.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 10:10 AM   #17
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Meh I'm ok not watching the Oilers much. I don't enjoy their games. I find them endlessly frustrating. Eff 'em.
Garbage team that rolls McDrai out there every second shift and you just wait for someone to touch McD and watch the refs arm go up.

Can't stand it.

That playoff round last year I couldn't even get through period one. Watched McDavid drop like a sack of potatoes when our Dman checked him and the refs arm instantly shot up. I was done right there.

Not going to watch the NHL make sure an inferior team gets the ice tilted in their favor so they can show case that knob.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #18
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So you would rather have had the Flames tank against Dallas last year than get to play a series with the Oilers?

Were the Dallas games not frustrating to you? out playing them but just about losing the series?
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:17 AM   #19
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The Oilers won 8 of the 16 required games to win the SC.

Only the Oilers would consider getting halfway to be ultra close and a harbinger of guaranteed success this year.
Infinit47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #20
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I find the one sided media coverage to be hard to stomach. Although the Flames seem to be getting more media love this year after being shunned by Gaudreau and Tkachuk which forced Trelieving to make some magic happen.
Infinit47 is offline   Reply With Quote