Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you renew your Seasons Tickets?
Yes 101 39.15%
No 28 10.85%
Don't have tickets but want to see the results. 129 50.00%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #21
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Honestly, if the Flames were to announce that Gulutzan is coming back before the renewal date, I'll probably cancel. The last two years have just been a complete waste of time and money.

Otherwise, I'm likely in for at least one more season.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #22
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Need to get together with my partners and see what their thoughts are, but I'm leaning towards not renewing. My teenage kids have said they want me to keep them, but I figure for what I am spending on seasons I can just buy a few games retail/secondary market for the four of us to go.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Ace
Old 03-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #23
uofaflamesfan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I'm leaning towards not renewing, or as others mentioned reducing my share. There were some games this year I couldn't even give away for free. It looked pretty easy to find decent seats for under season ticket holder price for almost any game this year.

The total cost for going attending a game (not just the Flames - professional sports in general) has gotten a bit insane
uofaflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #24
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm renewing as well. I like my seats and I was fortunate enough to sell some tickets to cover close to 25% of my 4 seats.

But I really hope the Flames are entertaining next season.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #25
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Part of the experience of attending hockey games is the 'entertainment' value. Whether the team wins or loses, you want them to show heart and passion, and play a brand of hockey that's worth 8k a ticket. It's to the point where I'll watch junior games again for 1/10th the price and get pissed every game with the savings.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spuzzum For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #26
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
Part of the experience of attending hockey games is the 'entertainment' value. Whether the team wins or loses, you want them to show heart and passion, and play a brand of hockey that's worth 8k a ticket. It's to the point where I'll watch junior games again for 1/10th the price and get pissed every game with the savings.
...and this is the exact reason we cancelled our season tickets a few years back. The value vs entertainment wasn't there. The kids prefer going to the Roughnecks games over the Flames. They think Flames games are boring.
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rotten42 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #27
stamps
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Renew
stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #28
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I don't have season tickets but have been lucky enough to be able to use some great seats (right by the cameras) from a holder at work and I can't possibly imagine how anybody could think of going through the current experience for 82 games.

It's more of a sit around in uncomfortable seats, drinking/eating expensive concessions while bored out of your mind and disappointed at getting scored on constantly and then wandering the concourse for an entire period feeling trapped by crowds as you get into a 50 deep lineups at bathrooms and inadequate facilities.

The current on-ice product by the Flames just lacks that entertainment value.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #29
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If I had seasons tickets for a team that has performed like the Flames, I definitely would not renew.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #30
Computerjungle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

ive been season ticket holder the last 6 years. But if glen is coach, ill be enjoying games from home...well enjoying might be a stretch
Computerjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #31
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not a season ticket holder since I live in Lethbridge but I go to 2-3 games per year. I wasn't totally impressed with last year but I figured things would be better this year. I won't buy another ticket as long as Gulutzan is coach. Boring hockey and his ice management doesn't give the team a strong chance to be a winning team.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #32
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

easier for me to say since I'm only a partial owner, but I still remember how many years the waiting list was to get these tickets, and I'd rather not go through that again. renewing is the cost of keeping my foot in the door.

but then again, I like playing slot machines, which are basically the same as investing in sports. long periods of pumping cash into it and getting nothing but boredom and frustration, punctuated by the occasional flashing lights and modest prize that make me forget about all the bad stuff.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #33
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I find it a chore watching this team (and honestly haven't watched much if any of the last 15 games) on TV. I can't imagine having the hassle of getting to and from the rink, eating garbage food and drinking beer at ridiculous prices, and dealing with waits to use the washroom to watch this boring, garbage hockey. Not to mention dropping thousands of dollars for the privilege.

If it weren't for the hope of a better team to come (and difficulty getting your seats back - but that might change as well...) what reason would there possibly be to renew?
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicant For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #34
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I also won't be coming into the city next year if GG is still around. Just not happening.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #35
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've already decided that I'm not renewing. As prices keep climbing I no longer see the value in it.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #36
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
The only way I'll renew is if GG is fired before the renewal date and prices stay the same (or go down)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGame View Post
The only thing that would cause me to reconsider at this point is if they wipe out the coaching staff early in the off season. I'm done watching Gulutzan hockey, even for free on my TV at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
It all hinges on getting a new coaching staff for me. If they don't clean house I'm pretty sure I won't renew. This was the worst year for being a fan. The hockey was boring and frustrating. Even when they won it was more of a relief than a celebration. The team should have been better than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Honestly, if the Flames were to announce that Gulutzan is coming back before the renewal date, I'll probably cancel. The last two years have just been a complete waste of time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computerjungle View Post
ive been season ticket holder the last 6 years. But if glen is coach, ill be enjoying games from home...well enjoying might be a stretch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I'm not a season ticket holder since I live in Lethbridge but I go to 2-3 games per year. I wasn't totally impressed with last year but I figured things would be better this year. I won't buy another ticket as long as Gulutzan is coach. Boring hockey and his ice management doesn't give the team a strong chance to be a winning team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I also won't be coming into the city next year if GG is still around. Just not happening.
Can we start a petition? And then send it to Treliving, cc to KK?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #37
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

One of the reasons we might renew is it does force us to watch games. Meaning any given game night I may or may not watch the game if something else comes up. However having a ticket makes it a commitment. I also share my seats with some friends, so with all of our busy schedules it makes us get together.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:42 AM   #38
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Renew. As bad as the season was, it was still much more enjoyable than the dark years. I still find the games entertaining.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #39
BigFlameDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Game pack holder, I am likley done but mostly because of the kids hockey.

Only make a game or two and end up selling/giving away so will probably just buy a couple games.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #40
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Nope, not renewing. I'll watch for free on TV and spend my 7g + concessions elsewhere. It's not worth that much
It hasn't even been worth watching on tv. I can't even imagine the feeling of being robbed of my money as a STH. Only time I've ever felt bad for the wealthy.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chonger For This Useful Post: