Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #2361
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bran and Howland Reed (assuming he's still kicking around somewhere) are the only show characters left who know Jon's lineage, right?
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #2362
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I want to see some Bran screen time tomorrow. His storyline has been stalling for some time now. It's about time he and his newfound knowledge factored into the larger plot.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 03:38 PM   #2363
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Bran and Howland Reed (assuming he's still kicking around somewhere) are the only show characters left who know Jon's lineage, right?
Correct.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #2364
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Correct.
I don't think he knows Jon's lineage but Littlefinger knows Lyanna wasn't kidnapped. But it's possible he suspects even if he doesn't know for sure. I can't remember which episode but he made mention in the crypts below winterfell about Lyanna not being kidnapped and going with Rhaegar willingly. Or hinted at it. Probably with Sansa last season.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #2365
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I don't think he knows Jon's lineage but Littlefinger knows Lyanna wasn't kidnapped. But it's possible he suspects even if he doesn't know for sure. I can't remember which episode but he made mention in the crypts below winterfell about Lyanna not being kidnapped and going with Rhaegar willingly. Or hinted at it. Probably with Sansa last season.
He definitely hinted at it, and it's a very real possibility that he knows more. However, it looks like Lyanna's pregnancy was kept to a very small group. I don't think Ned even knew Lyanna was pregnant.

I'm not sure if Littlefinger would have been a part of that group or had the network to know at the time...but, with that thought, I wouldn't put it over Varys to know all about it as well.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 07-29-2017 at 04:33 PM.
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:37 PM   #2366
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who delivered John? Was their a measter or mid-wife type there? Or was it just the soldiers? They didn't fully pan the room iirc.
pseudoreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #2367
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Who delivered John? Was their a measter or mid-wife type there? Or was it just the soldiers? They didn't fully pan the room iirc.
Looks like there's just two other women in the room (actually, they look more like girls)...

Hopefully, Rhaegar had enough sense to make sure at least one was a midwife. There doesn't appear to be a Maester present.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #2368
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Hopefully, Rhaegar had enough sense to make sure at least one was a midwife. There doesn't appear to be a Maester present.
Why what's the worst that could happen?

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #2369
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I rewatched the scene with Littlefinger and Sansa in the Winterfell crypts.

On second watch, he doesn't betray too much when Sansa mentions that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. Maybe Littlefinger doesn't really know about Jon...yet.

Though their exchange is still dripping with foreshadowing.

LF: He's a dangerous man (Roose Bolton). But even the most dangerous men can be outmaneuvered. And you've learnt to maneuver from the very best *intimate shoulder grab followed by a kiss on the lips*.

If Sansa doesn't outmaneuver Littlefinger by exploiting his romantic interest in her, leading to his demise, then both their characters were a complete waste of screen time.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #2370
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Would also be interesting to see the dragons' reaction to Jon. Probably won't clue Dany in on his heritage alone, but would be a cool moment for fans to geek out about.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #2371
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Looks like there's just two other women in the room (actually, they look more like girls)...

So there are at least four people then that know. I would assume Ned wouldn't kill the women, but he might pay them off to keep quiet.

I like the idea of a dragon bonding to John like Drogon does with Danny. Although, that might make Ghost jealous.
pseudoreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #2372
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe Bran can warg into a dragon.
puffnstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:30 AM   #2373
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the direwolf scene are we sure that Arya is actually Arya?

Would it make more sense for the faceless man (posing as the waif) has taken over Arya stark? It makes the Arya chase episode make more sense if the waif kills her and steals her face. And the direwolf would know it's not her.

Symbolically the direwolf leaving her is saying she isn't a Stark which would make sense if that encounter occurred before she decided to go back to winterfell. But this occurred after her decision so why does the Wolf not recognize her as a Stark
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:15 AM   #2374
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

Would it make more sense for the faceless man (posing as the waif) has taken over Arya stark? It makes the Arya chase episode make more sense if the waif kills her and steals her face. And the direwolf would know it's not her.

Symbolically the direwolf leaving her is saying she isn't a Stark which would make sense if that encounter occurred before she decided to go back to winterfell. But this occurred after her decision so why does the Wolf not recognize her as a Stark
From the way the scene played out, I think Nymeria absolutely recognized Arya. Or, at the very least, she recognized that there was a time when she was called by the name Nymeria. She was ready to rip Arya's face off until Arya started talking to her, then her whole demeanor changed.

She didn't go with Arya because she has moved beyond the point in her life where she can just be the pet to a young girl in a castle... Just as Arya has moved well beyond being a young girl in a castle.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:32 AM   #2375
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

Even if that scene could make sense with the waif having taken Arya's place, which I'm not sure it does, how would the rest of Arya's scenes since the fight with the waif make sense? Why kill all the Frey's? Why travel as Arya, who is more likely to draw attention? It just seems to reach way too far.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 07-30-2017, 05:51 AM   #2376
rbochan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Even if that scene could make sense with the waif having taken Arya's place, which I'm not sure it does, how would the rest of Arya's scenes since the fight with the waif make sense? Why kill all the Frey's? Why travel as Arya, who is more likely to draw attention? It just seems to reach way too far.
Also, how would the waif have the knowledge of Nymeria, much less all the Freys and to interact with all the lesser known/acquaintance characters that Arya's revisited on the way back to Winterfel.
rbochan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rbochan For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 07-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #2377
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Would also be interesting to see the dragons' reaction to Jon. Probably won't clue Dany in on his heritage alone, but would be a cool moment for fans to geek out about.
my guess is that Jon won't bend the knee as demanded, and will probably say something that offends Dany (e.g. her quest for the throne is pointless, she is not powerful enough to stand up to the Night King). so then he'll receive the Queen's Justice in the form of dragon fire and then...dun dun dun...the episode ends with him standing up naked and unharmed once the inferno clears.

I don't have a leaked copy of the episode or anything, please don't ban me if this turns out to be true.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #2378
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

The tension I think will be trying to persuade each other about the importance of their goals. Dany wants Jon to help win the Iron Throne and rule the seven kingdoms, Jon wants Dany to forget that game and face the Night King and the battle for humanity. If either are too stubborn or proud or dismissive in their reception of the other's requests, sparks will fly. Melisandre, Tyrion, and Varys should have key roles in how the encounter goes down.

And of course other players are doing their thing. Cersei and Jaime and Euron and Littlefinger and so on.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:47 PM   #2379
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Benjen might have known as well.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cal_guy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #2380
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Hahahaha. A finger in the bum!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: