Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #10141
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

She'd better get used to it. She's gonna get this treatment pretty much everywhere she goes now.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #10142
Flash Walken
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I was watching Bill Maher last weekend, and he floated the possibility that even if Trump loses in 2020, he'll still refuse to leave the white house, which sounds ridiculous at first. But consider everything that's happened since he became President, and it sounds exactly like something that an authoritarian demagogue like Trump would attempt.

I can just picture it: the administration and his idiot supporters will say the election is rigged by the "deep state", claim that the voting results are fake news, and then demand an investigation into the election results, while assclowns like Miller, Giuliani, Conway, and Fox News spin like crazy to keep the insane narrative going.

Now, do I honestly think this would happen? Probably not, as it would likely result in a full-on civil war which Trump would end up losing. But if the election results end up being as close as they were in 2016, I doubt Trump and his minions would ever concede without a fight. We think things are crazy now? 2020 is gonna be an absolute powder keg.
Yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Please play well.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #10143
station
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Made my day. People there need to take it to the streets. Western nations should sanction the US. This needs to end now or everything we see now will become normal everywhere in a few years.
Totally agree. Italy’s new far right PM just announced a plan for an ethnic census of the Roma population which has Italians similarly outraged. The moderate majority in the western world needs to set aside relatively petty differences and stamp out this trend ASAP.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.alja...143618105.html

Last edited by station; 06-19-2018 at 09:43 PM.
station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:41 PM   #10144
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
Kirstjen Neilsen was apparently driven out of a restaurant this evening by protesters while having dinner. It is starting to look like a war
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 09:45 PM   #10145
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
I was watching Bill Maher last weekend, and he floated the possibility that even if Trump loses in 2020, he'll still refuse to leave the white house, which sounds ridiculous at first. But consider everything that's happened since he became President, and it sounds exactly like something that an authoritarian demagogue like Trump would attempt.

I can just picture it: the administration and his idiot supporters will say the election is rigged by the "deep state", claim that the voting results are fake news, and then demand an investigation into the election results, while assclowns like Miller, Giuliani, Conway, and Fox News spin like crazy to keep the insane narrative going.

Now, do I honestly think this would happen? Probably not, as it would likely result in a full-on civil war which Trump would end up losing. But if the election results end up being as close as they were in 2016, I doubt Trump and his minions would ever concede without a fight. We think things are crazy now? 2020 is gonna be an absolute powder keg.
Never mind results and peaceful transfer of authority, they likely take a run at postponing the election. Or pursuing lifetime appointments. Lots of work to do between now and then.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #10146
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Kirstjen Neilsen was apparently driven out of a restaurant this evening by protesters while having dinner. It is starting to look like a war.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1009229501488775169
Woah! The Left wingers are out of control! Could you imagine how terrified she must be with people peacefully screaming "shame" at her!

i for one think the left is clearly as out of control as the right.

There are people who actually think this....
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #10147
icecube
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Woah! The Left wingers are out of control! Could you imagine how terrified she must be with people peacefully screaming "shame" at her!

i for one think the left is clearly as out of control as the right.

There are people who actually think this....
No. This fascist #### has gone way too far and has to stop somewhere. This cant become the new normal. If it takes civil disobedience like this or even uncivil disobedience than so be it.

I'm ending friendships with anyone who supports this latest fiasco.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #10148
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
No. This fascist #### has gone way too far and has to stop somewhere. This cant become the new normal. If it takes civil disobedience like this or even uncivil disobedience than so be it.

I think you mean facitious.

The Slack Line Podcast. (QOTD, Flames Fried-days, Weekly Full-length episodes with J-Wow and The Boss and special guests.)

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...298772964?mt=2
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX3...Js51vQ5c5EfZBw
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #10149
mikephoen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post

You should probably calibrate your sarcasm detector before you end any friendships.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:39 PM   #10150
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stephen is on fire tonight.

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 11:59 PM   #10151
DiracSpike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Maybe they'll even launch an ad campaign imploring the electoral college to not follow what the voters voted for, or even have higher ups in the FBI and other governmental organizations vow to stop the incoming pressident elect from ever taking office. Oops the democrats already did that two years ago.

Trumps a clown but the rhetoric in this thread has gotten out of hand.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #10152
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Kirstjen Neilsen was apparently driven out of a restaurant this evening by protesters while having dinner. It is starting to look like a war.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1009229501488775169
Probably the wrong time to go and grab a little Mexican.......
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Roast Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 01:02 AM   #10153
morgin
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Maybe they'll even launch an ad campaign imploring the electoral college to not follow what the voters voted for, or even have higher ups in the FBI and other governmental organizations vow to stop the incoming pressident elect from ever taking office. Oops the democrats already did that two years ago.

BOTH SIDES SAME! I too remember the great children cagings of 2016.

But seriously, no it hasn’t. There are children actively being separated from their parents for coming to the USA as refugee claimants and asylum seekers and being kept in deplorable conditions, including cages, in the United States of America. In 2018.

This #### is pretty much a line in the sand. You either speak up and realize that yes, this is right out of the nazi playbook and it’s not a problem to say so, or you stay quiet and be complicit. You know those moments where you look back and wonder “how come no one stopped it before it got out of hand?” Well, here we are. That’s not rhetoric. That’s reality. There are nazi-leaning people in the administration of the United States of America who appear to be following the playbook on subjugating the population and getting people comfortable with treating other humans like inferior garbage.

Any of this “but the left is pretty wild too” “oh but the democrats didn’t want to let him be president” blah blah blah #### is just another way of saying “I guess locking kids in cages should be put into perspective”.

Last edited by morgin; 06-20-2018 at 01:10 AM.
morgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:18 AM   #10154
Biff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post

OMG. Maybe we'll have Russians, likely directly coordinating with one campaign, and rogue FBI agents again likely coordinating with one campaign, and a hideously propaganda-based right-wing media campaign steal an election, dupe the uninformed electorate, and elect an utterly corrupt, venal, and completely compromised cabal of ignorant and/or morally bankrupt leaders. Oh wait...that just happened.

Or, maybe, that's the same as some FBI agents not liking a guy. Get a grip on reality.
Biff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:07 AM   #10155
Dogbert
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Absolutely, except I doubt that they would lose. If it came to the worst-case scenario, the GOP has the support of the vast majority of cops, military members, and people with guns in the United States - I'd bet that a fair few of them are already champing at the bit to take out the liberals and minorities, so imagine what another two years of increasingly violent propaganda will do.

The scariest part of this whole situation is that Trump and his pals probably could impose a dictatorship by force if they wanted to, and just haven't tried it yet.
Dogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:16 AM   #10156
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I keep wondering when the low point comes for this admin, perhaps we have this moment with Cory and his wah wah comment about a down syndrome girl taken away from her sibling and mother?

Old 06-20-2018, 04:29 AM   #10157
mrdonkey
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I keep wondering when the low point comes for this admin, perhaps we have this moment with Cory and his wah wah comment about a down syndrome girl taken away from her sibling and mother?

And so begins the campaign against the disabled and handicapped. I suppose we should expect Gypsies to be the next target.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 AM   #10158
Barnet Flame
First Line Centre

Exp:

I want to punch him in the face over and over until my fist becomes dust.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #10159
New Era
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
And so begins the campaign against the disabled and handicapped. I suppose we should expect Gypsies to be the next target.
Migrants from Latin America are the new gypsies. Just like the gypsies they have no specific home and follow the jobs as a means of survival. They are culturally different and persecuted for the maintenance of their own culture.

I think the next group that should be concerned are the homosexuals. They are becoming targets and the conservative appointed courts are now implementing policy more so than making judgements based on the constitution. It starts with allowing businesses to refuse services to one group of people, but that establishes the slippery slope for the quick erosion of rights across the board. As mentioned, these bellwether moments are the ones that will be used to judge us in the future.
New Era is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Era For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #10160
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fiscally responsible family values

https://twitter.com/statuses/1009399674107760641

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote