Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #241
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Good to hear so many of you found better seats. I was really hoping to upgrade as I was tired up paying more money than the people 4 seats to the right of me. I was in the corner whites and either wanted to move lower and more center or get some lower oranges. Neither became available so now I am at a loss as to whether I keep the tickets or give them up this year.

How long is the hothouse waiting list if I were to pass up my seats this year and rejoin the hothouse?
Thing is, if you do give up your tickets and go back on the Hothouse list.
When it's your turn for tickets.....they will be upper corner whites again.

Depending on how you use your tickets you might really want to consider getting 3 greens in a row. If you sell a good percentage of your games, they would be much better than selling bad whites. I have had my set of 3 in Section 222 in both row 12 and 23, and they are no problem to sell.

I guess it depends if 3 seats works in your personal use too.
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bcneil For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #242
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Good to hear so many of you found better seats. I was really hoping to upgrade as I was tired up paying more money than the people 4 seats to the right of me. I was in the corner whites and either wanted to move lower and more center or get some lower oranges. Neither became available so now I am at a loss as to whether I keep the tickets or give them up this year.

How long is the hothouse waiting list if I were to pass up my seats this year and rejoin the hothouse?
I'd still contact your rep to see if they can come up with some sort of solution.

Early last season I was becoming frustrated with the people walking up to the press level blocking my view during play. I contacted my rep to see if I could switch to another pair of season tickets in the same price level. Unfortunately, there wasn't another pair of Orange season tickets available. My rep did offer to switch as many single games as possible to another pair in Orange as they became available.
I was able to try out different sections through out the season. I felt this this was going above and beyond, and helped reinforce my decision to switch my seats this seat relocation.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sec218 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #243
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Something we may want to do within the group of us here is our own test driving of other sections. For example although I'm in the opposite corner of the Dome as Travis, he could try my seats one game to see if being effectively 10 seats over makes a difference or not. I can tell you first hand that being just 4 seats over on the aisle sucks for people blocking your view, but I moved into the middle of 202 and don't have that issue any more.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 11:43 PM   #244
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Something we may want to do within the group of us here is our own test driving of other sections. For example although I'm in the opposite corner of the Dome as Travis, he could try my seats one game to see if being effectively 10 seats over makes a difference or not. I can tell you first hand that being just 4 seats over on the aisle sucks for people blocking your view, but I moved into the middle of 202 and don't have that issue any more.
This really makes a lot of sense. As a community we could control how we swap our tickets. Exchange seats to experience sitting in different sections. Like a ticket swap during season and post for seat swapping leading up to the relocation.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #245
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't remember exactly but do you guys know on average how many seats are in a row on the greens?
I forgot which side of the row I picked and how many seats in the row (was a bit too excited I guess. Haha)
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #246
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I don't remember exactly but do you guys know on average how many seats are in a row on the greens?
I forgot which side of the row I picked and how many seats in the row (was a bit too excited I guess. Haha)
http://calgaryflames.io-media.com/web/index.html

Find your section and row and count it yourself.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theslymonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #247
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
http://calgaryflames.io-media.com/web/index.html

Find your section and row and count it yourself.
Sweet. Thanks for the site. Didn't even realize they had the link on the flames page.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #248
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Keep in mind any given row may not start with seat #1. For example, section 202 row 20 starts with seat #5. The last row of that section would start with seat #1. That way they can have the same middle point, and the signage on the concourse can direct people to the right aisle.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #249
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan...resolution.htm

This one is another good one to use.
theslymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote