Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2018, 06:43 PM   #1
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Benn There, Done That

Him - Hey...you want this and this for Benn?
Me - Sure.
Him - Kbye.

To Dallas:
Jamie Benn

To Philly:
Jakub Vrana
Daniel Sprong
2018's #36 and #51

Another one of those trade I didn't like to make, but it needed to be done.

Benn has been a great sim player for us. We have Schenn penciled in to take his spot on the top line, but I'm sure he'll be missed. Draisaitl and Benn could do great things together for the Stars. Luckily, like the last 2 trades we made, He's been shipped out West and can't do as much damage to us throughout the year.

We really needed the cap space, which is why I was happy without a roster player coming back, We'll need to fit Vrana on a bottom line, but are very ok with that because of his contract and think his future looks bright as well.

I honestly never knew who Daniel Sprong was before Rob messaged me. But Google says he'll make the Pens roster next year, benefit from Crosby/Malkin and turn into the next Jake Guentzel....and I always believe Google. Here's hoping.

The picks will help us stock ECHL cupboard again this year and/or maybe trade a couple for some next year.

An ideal return? Nope. But it was the only solid offer that came through and beggars cant be choosers. I also am happier with our cap situation going into free agency and bringing back some of guys from last year. I miss his activity, but am secretly glad Hes isn't around anymore so I don't have to see a chart of how I've destroyed the overall value of this organization.

Also...You know what I never love? When GMs say "what do you wanna give me for so and so". Like...making me make the first offer. Disclaimer: I'm a crazy hypocrite cause I do the exact same thing sometimes. I JUST did it today actually. I've never been a fan of them though, but am trying to avoid opening with that question.

Anyway... when a GM leads off with an actual offer, I'm always more inclined to want to make the offer work cause I appreciate the thought that they put into it.

Dallas came in with a decent offer and, aside from a pick clarification, a single message from each GM was made and he was done.

Thanks Turd!
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't really shopping for a top line forward but figured I have some cap so thought i'd see what the price was like. I also hate the "what do you want..." thing and JD had given some guidance in his trade block as to what he was looking for. Glad my initial offer was able to get it done.

Hopefully its 1 more step to not sucking next year. Defense is going to need some attention though...

thanks JD for the quick and easy deal!