Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #41
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Calgary View Post
Eff that, Vegas ALWAYS wins, Go Ovie!
If they win this year, next year you can say that and it will be 100% factually correct!
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #42
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

This should be an awesome final. Two exciting teams to watch. I love the way Vegas is playing and I'm on-board for them, but the way the Caps played their last two games showed a lot of resilience and confidence.

Potential to be a very memorable finals.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #43
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
F the Golden Knights, how anyone can cheer for a division rival is beyond me. I hope the Caps sweep this.
There's no limit as to the number of times a team from the Pacific Division can win the Cup, and it's not like the Flames can win it, so I really don't care about Division rivalries at this point of the season (obviously, if it was Vancouver, Edmonton, or Anaheim, it would be a different story but the reason I hate them isn't only because they're Division rivals).

In 2012 and 2014, I was cheering for the Kings (even though I really don't like them) because I wanted Darryl and Regehr to win the Cup. That doesn't mean I didn't cheer against them when the next season began.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #44
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Vegas in 5.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #45
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the hockey is gonna be great, but no idea which team I want to lose more.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #46
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Can't wait for the Vegas home game pre shows.

Hoping to see only 2.
Looch City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #47
Phaneuf_Phan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

2018 - Year of the great 8?
Phaneuf_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #48
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just hope Vegas uses all their luck this year and wins the cup and then they can suck for the next 30 years...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:24 PM   #49
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Caps all the way. You couldn't pay me to cheer for Vegas. Screw that team.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 10:26 PM   #50
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Go Caps!

Hope Backstrom gets a little bit better.. Though with the way he shook hands with his left hand his right is probably broken.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #51
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

**** Vegas.

Really don't get how anyone who's been a fan of a franchise struggling through years of trial and error can cheer for a Team and Fanbase handed a golden ticket from day one.

Sick and tired of seeing everything bounce their way, both literally and figuratively.

They're like the new kid who shows up at highschool who's parents bought them a new Ferrari.

Go Caps. It's Ovie's year!
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 10:45 PM   #52
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
**** Vegas.

Really don't get how anyone who's been a fan of a franchise struggling through years of trial and error can cheer for a Team and Fanbase handed a golden ticket from day one.

Sick and tired of seeing everything bounce their way, both literally and figuratively.

They're like the new kid who shows up at highschool who's parents bought them a new Ferrari.

Go Caps. It's Ovie's year!
I agree with you except one thing, they weren't handed a golden ticket from day one. They do deserve credit for what they've done.

But still, screw them.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #53
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I agree with you except one thing, they weren't handed a golden ticket from day one. They do deserve credit for what they've done.

But still, screw them.
Don't care, because that's how it feels. They made some good decisions but there's no doubt there's been a ton of luck and good fortune go their way in all facets, including the most favourable expansion draft ever. The amount of blind luck and having everything come up Millhouse at every turn is sickening already. Combine that with them being a divisional rival and they can pound sand.

The feel-good story here is seeing one of the most prolific goal scorers of all time finally break through and lead his team to the finals after years of adversity.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 10:55 PM   #54
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Vegas has busted their butts all year long to be where they are. I don't agree with the golden ticket or getting bounces angle.

Pretty average team on paper that just is relentless, works hard, has great chemistry, a very good goalie and a great coach.

They weren't handed anything. This is a once in a lifetime scenario we're seeing play out before our eyes. I don't care who wins and would be fine if the Caps win it all, but to say Vegas is getting bounces is kind of ridiculous. They've worked for their success.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #55
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Vegas has busted their butts all year long to be where they are. I don't agree with the golden ticket or getting bounces angle.

Pretty average team on paper that just is relentless, works hard, has great chemistry, a very good goalie and a great coach.

They weren't handed anything. This is a once in a lifetime scenario we're seeing play out before our eyes. I don't care who wins and would be fine if the Caps win it all, but to say Vegas is getting bounces is kind of ridiculous. They've worked for their success.
Sorry I don't buy it. To see just about every decision they've made turn out to be genius is nauseating.

An expansion city full of new and casual fans should have to sit through years of disappointment like the rest of us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #56
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Sorry I don't buy it. To see just about every decision they've made turn out to be genius is nauseating.

An expansion city full of new and casual fans should have to sit through years of disappointment like the rest of us.
So they don't work hard? The aren't relentless? They don't have a great goalie? A great coach? Which part aren't you buying?

There's no mystery here. They aren't fluking out. They're just a team that has deserved to be where they are. I'm not sure why they have to be terrible for years first??
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #57
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Preach GoJetsGo, preach.

F that goddamn team. Just drives me nuts how many people are lapping that crap up too.

"oooh look at the hard working under dog team full of cast offs go!"

BS. Not cast offs. Good depth players that teams were forced to expose and/or make tough decisions on because of the most favorable expansion draft rules ever. Take the 5th-8th best forward or 4th-5th best D man from every team and feed them ice time and what do you get? Something like 9 out of their top 10 scorers having career years, that's what.

I admit, I didn't think they'd be good. But it makes sense what's happening now, and it's disgraceful IMO. The NHL should be ashamed robbing all these other teams, and more importantly their fans, of these talented players just so the new team can be a 109 point Cup finalist right out of the gate.

Not to mention they've got 27 ####ing draft picks over the next 3 drafts to go with the 12(!) draft picks they had in their 1st ever draft.

Talk about going overboard. Just ridiculous.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #58
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
So they don't work hard? The aren't relentless? They don't have a great goalie? A great coach? Which part aren't you buying?

There's no mystery here. They aren't fluking out. They're just a team that has deserved to be where they are. I'm not sure why they have to be terrible for years first??
They play an exciting style and there's no doubt that team has gelled and plays hard.

I'm not sure what part you're struggling with. I'm sure just about every fan base around the league aren't thrilled to see and expansion team handed the most favourable conditions of any new franchise ever and see every decision they've made turn out to be stellar leading to cup run in their first season.

There's been a TON of luck in the decisions they made translating into this group.

You seem to think it's all Money Ball, and I'm telling you it's much more Slumdog Millionaire.

Cheer for them all you want. Just don't tell me they haven't had just as much luck as hard work because they have. When I combine that with them being a divisional rival, I feel quite justified in hoping the train stops here for them.

Last edited by GoJetsGo; 05-23-2018 at 11:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 11:21 PM   #59
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I'm not 'struggling' with anything, and I'm not 'cheering' for them.

I just understand why they are where they're at. I'm guessing some of your negativity might have something to do with them knocking out the Jets which is understandable.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #60
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not 'struggling' with anything, and I'm not 'cheering' for them.

I just understand why they are where they're at. I'm guessing some of your negativity might have something to do with them knocking out the Jets which is understandable.
Despite the username, he's not a Jets fan.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote