Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #121
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Anyone have any hero ideas?

I was chatting with my ten year old who plays on Xbox and he wants a guy that splits into three to capture points or move the payload faster. lol

I think they'll add a stealth person - someone who can go invisible for small periods.
I think the game desperately needs something like a "hacker" -- someone who can sabotage turrets and robotic characters from a distance.

Turrets and Bastions are still so OP that they need more of a direct counter.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #122
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'd rather they just nerfed the hell out of Bastion and Torbjorn. The problem is that having one of them is already practically a must. Adding a class to specifically counter them makes that class also a must have. So now you are locking out at least two of the six slots on the team. It would reduce the variety of the game.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #123
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Widowmaker and McCree nerfs went live yesterday, and they help ALOT.

McCree's base damage for FTH got reduced from 70 to 45(!). So essentially, he can only do a max of 270 dmg rather than the "literally kills anyone in close except Roadhog" max of 420. They reduced his reload cooldown to compensate a bit however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #124
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wish they made the flashbang a flashbang rather than a stun.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #125
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

As someone who plays a lot of McCree I am okay with his changes. He still shreds anyone under 250 HP and I never thought he should be downing a tank on his own anyway.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #126
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2016, 09:44 PM   #127
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I think the game desperately needs something like a "hacker" -- someone who can sabotage turrets and robotic characters from a distance.

Turrets and Bastions are still so OP that they need more of a direct counter.
I don't find it as OP as it is in the early stages when you're still trying to get a handle of what characters could help/counter but there's definitely some adjustments to be done to the turrets' target acquisition.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #128
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think I've just about reached a point with this game where I don't find it fun anymore. Playing with friends is a great time but solo queue is an exercise in frustration.

Every. Single. Match. First person to lock in is always a Hanzo/Widow/Genji. No supports or tanks picked so I almost always end up playing tank. Often I choose Roadhog since we either end up with no support or someone picks a Symmetra or sub-optimal healer like Zenyatta.

I bust my ass trying to get the win and it enrages me when I am seemingly the only person who is willing to change my hero to adjust to the enemy composition. If the enemy team is running 2 Winstons then why the hell does my team still have a Genji and a Hanzo?

Maybe it's just me.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #129
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
I think I've just about reached a point with this game where I don't find it fun anymore. Playing with friends is a great time but solo queue is an exercise in frustration.

Every. Single. Match. First person to lock in is always a Hanzo/Widow/Genji. No supports or tanks picked so I almost always end up playing tank. Often I choose Roadhog since we either end up with no support or someone picks a Symmetra or sub-optimal healer like Zenyatta.

I bust my ass trying to get the win and it enrages me when I am seemingly the only person who is willing to change my hero to adjust to the enemy composition. If the enemy team is running 2 Winstons then why the hell does my team still have a Genji and a Hanzo?

Maybe it's just me.
No - it isn't you and I'm really hoping that competitive play separates the wheat from the chaff.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #130
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe it's just me.
Nope. That's games like this in a nut shell.

No one on the point, no one dealing with enemy composition, three Bastions while attacking.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #131
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'm lucky enough that when I play, the composition of teams is still random enough that nobody on either side seems to really know what they are doing more often than not, so there is still uncertainty and a legit hope for victory.

Getting more playing value out of this game than I did Hearthstone, where I also started playing for a bit before quitting just as quickly as I was reminded that winning and losing is often more a function of getting lucky with your abysmally small starting hand than anything else.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #132
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
No - it isn't you and I'm really hoping that competitive play separates the wheat from the chaff.
Pretty much. I've levelled to 30 so I'll be eligible for competitive when it comes out, but for the last few days I've gravitated back to playing Smite competitive-mode in lieu of organized competition.

Overwatch still rules when playing with 3-5 other buddies though.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #133
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

One example of playing with friends being as fun as it is:
Volskaya Industries has a ledge to the far left when you exit the initial attacking spawn. Flanked around there with a buddy and walked right onto the point as Winston and Reaper. Anybody that noticed the point being capped got melted in 1v2s. Eventually the defending team gets overwhelmed trying to keep the main force stopped at the gate. Doesn't happen unless you've got communication going.

But for every moment like that there's 10 more when I'm a mobile tank (D.Va/Winston) and my team has a widow or 2 and lots of offense.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #134
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Maybe it's just me.
Yep, it's pretty bad. I'm not really playing it that much anymore for pretty much those reasons -- it's just not fun getting obliterated because nobody wants to work together.

I'm at the point where I always take Mercy, just to give us a chance, but people even blow that. I'll be glued to a Reinhardt or Diva and they'll charge/boost right into the middle of all the action and get killed. Like, hang back, go slow, you have literally the best healer stuck right on you, and I'm not going to follow you on a suicide run. So frustrating.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:15 PM   #135
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Overwatch is very much playing out similar to the way TF2 started out, where every time there was a new player influx (updates, hat release, f2p, etc) the quality of competition nosedives.

A proper competitive queue will really help this, in lieu of Dedicated Servers where communities can form.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2016, 09:16 PM   #136
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't found it that bad.

I fill a lot, will play Mercy/Lucio, and I do find taht generally there'll at least be a Roadhog as tank, then i don't really care what the rest of the composition is.

My watcher.gg profile still shows a 55% win rate so I'm still not quite where my MMR should be, but it's getting pretty close.

The widowmaker nerfs sent the playrate of that toxic champion plummeting, so I think the current solo queue game is better than ever.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:52 AM   #137
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

That's true. I mean, I only play like a half hour at a time, but I don't think I've had more than two or three battles where someone played Widowmaker since the nerf.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #138
atb
First Line Centre

Exp:

Solo queue is brutal, but if you have Discord there's a public discord for grouping with other people on voice. I think it was originally created for reddit.com/r/Overwatch. It's still hit and miss with the types of people you get, but playing with 6 people on voice is much more enjoyable than the zero communication in solo queue. The Discord invite link is: https://discordapp.com/invite/0WrILkb5M82rsu1U
atb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #139
Captain Hair
Backup Goalie

Exp:

PC users get to beta test a patch. Contains some info on the new Competitive play model:

Overwatch Verified account ‏@PlayOverwatch
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development & now available for testing on the PTR! | http://blizz.ly/28MbAgu

Captain Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 PM   #140
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

The matchmaking in this game is just terrible. You queue solo, end up with no one on your team going for the objective and you get rolled. You queue up with some friends, you're placed against groups with hardcore players 50 levels higher than you and you get rolled. It's turning into the same crap as Heroes of the Storm, which I stopped playing for the same reason. You get punished for playing with friends if you're just casual players because you only get matched against high level groups, it's far more frustrating than fun at this point
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote