Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #10861
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Sundin in Vancouver?
Except Sundin was half retired by that point and we'll out of his prime years
Old 04-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #10862
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Except Sundin was half retired by that point and we'll out of his prime years
He's literally the only name I can come up with.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #10863
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Publicly? Or are you just suggesting that's how he's operating because Gaudreau was signed for the same cap hit?

As others have said, I'm sure Gio and Gaudreau would be the first to sign-off on Treliving breaking his "internal cap" for Tavares.
I don't recall if it was from the horses mouth so to speak or if it was a similar worst kept secret much like the Peters hiring. But yes back even when Gaudreau was needing to be signed it was a thing.

Even then look at what Treliving did with Gaudreau. Everyone thought for sure Tarasenko dollars like it was a no brainier and he still reeled in Gaudreau at gios cap.

Either way, internal cap or not, I just don't believe for a minute that the Flames are willing to pay Tavares what other teams are going to pay for his services if he makes UFA.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:03 PM   #10864
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

there is no Gio cap...at least not anymore. Team was in a totally different position and were signing two young players with no leverage a couple years back.

Tre is gonna do whatever it takes to improve the team IMO
Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 PM   #10865
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Brodie for Nylander pls
That is Hall for Larsson level robbery. I would love that deal but no chance 28 year old Brodie lands a 22 year old stud forward
Old 04-25-2018, 11:19 PM   #10866
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
That is Hall for Larsson level robbery. I would love that deal but no chance 28 year old Brodie lands a 22 year old stud forward
might be a little much
Old 04-25-2018, 11:49 PM   #10867
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
might be a little much
Well 2 60pt seasons before he turns 22 is not bad at all
Old 04-25-2018, 11:50 PM   #10868
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Oh no!! Toronto lost in the first round! According to the NHL rules that means we have to trade all our good young players to the Flames. They really need to change this rule.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:55 PM   #10869
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Oh no!! Toronto lost in the first round! According to the NHL rules that means we have to trade all our good young players to the Flames. They really need to change this rule.
Trade one of T.O's 6 generational forwards for some D?
Old 04-26-2018, 12:01 AM   #10870
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybb79 View Post
Trade one of T.O's 6 generational forwards for some D?
Did you see Gardiner tonight? Imagine having 2 of them! And all it will cost you is a Willy Nylander. They'd be crazy not too!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:09 AM   #10871
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Did you see Gardiner tonight? Imagine having 2 of them! And all it will cost you is a Willy Nylander. They'd be crazy not too!
Gardiner was brutal tonight. Me myself i wouldn't want Nylander on Calgary. He was dead scared to go in the corners with Big Z. Too soft imo.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #10872
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Gardiner was brutal tonight. Me myself i wouldn't want Nylander on Calgary. He was dead scared to go in the corners with Big Z. Too soft imo.
Then tell your fellow Flames fans to stop.putting him in all your craptastic trade proposals!

No sorry the Leafs aren't trading Nylander for Brodie who is as old as Gardiner and will sign a new contract soon.

Age and RFA status is huge nowadays. No team is trading a young player just entering RFA.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 AM   #10873
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given the trade history you should be encouraging that the Leafs make a trade with the Flames.

I don't want the Flames to make a trade with the Leafs ever again.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #10874
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Then tell your fellow Flames fans to stop.putting him in all your craptastic trade proposals!

No sorry the Leafs aren't trading Nylander for Brodie who is as old as Gardiner and will sign a new contract soon.

Age and RFA status is huge nowadays. No team is trading a young player just entering RFA.
This is a public forum for Flames fans. Everyone can say what they think. Don't worry the Leafs are just a phase like the Oilers.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:36 AM   #10875
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Man, you need to take a break from hockey. Leafs lose so you come to a Flames forum and start ripping on us? Lame.
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 01:49 AM   #10876
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This guy has been making subtle disparaging digs at the Flames and Flames fans for a while now, but tonight (due to the salt) his true colours have come out. In the Leafs-Bruins thread he pretty much admitted he doesn't like the Flames or their fans, which just shows he's only here to troll.

Sad, and oh so salty.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #10877
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Desperate for skilled winger but not interested in Nylander...

Last edited by icecube; 04-26-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #10878
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol, your D sucks ass like we said all along and you are butt hurt because you denied it and were proven wrong

Don't tell Flames fans what to do on a Flames message board...The Leafs keep their team that can't win in the playoffs. Better give Matthews 10M for his two points in seven games playoff series.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #10879
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

A lot of Leaf fans are furious and want William Nylander moved for a defenseman. Dmen are a premium. Who do you think Nylander fetches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Given the trade history you should be encouraging that the Leafs make a trade with the Flames.

I don't want the Flames to make a trade with the Leafs ever again.
That amounts to superstition. Bad trades in the past were by different management on both sides.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #10880
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Keep in mind last year everybody and their dog pegged Stamkos for 10 million minimum. He signed for an 8.5 million cap hit and 68 million total.
http://gavingroup.ca/personal-income...in-nhl-cities/

According to the Gavin Management Group calculator (which is an estimate), Stamkos would have had to have a 9.9M contract in Calgary to make the same amount he makes in Tampa. Due to taxes, Toronto would have had to offer him 11.5M for him to make the same amount. This was also parrotted by everyone and their dog. Florida's taxes make for a very powerful incentive.

Throw in the extra year for Stamkos, and really no other team could have offered him the same real world amount (after taxes) that he received from Tampa.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread