Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2022, 08:26 AM   #4921
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I took the first boss in Sekiro down! I am unstoppable! Oh wait, there is another boss immediately and it's harder. ####
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 08:51 AM   #4922
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I took the first boss in Sekiro down! I am unstoppable! Oh wait, there is another boss immediately and it's harder. ####
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:51 AM   #4923
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

This is making me want to reinstall Sekiro. I should probably finish God of War though haha.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:04 PM   #4924
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is literally the entire game, and why I never liked it much.

Like Bloodborne and Dark Souls there's lots of exploration, lore bits, leveling up your character, that kind of stuff. The only thing that's waiting for you around the corner in Sekiro is another boss, harder than the last.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:35 PM   #4925
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Finished God of War, what an outstanding game. Easily in my list of top games.

Was finally able to watch the trailer for the next one, I hope it doesn't take another 3 years to get that on PC. Heck I probably can't wait and will have to play it on PS5.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2022, 12:00 AM   #4926
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I hope it doesn't take another 3 years to get that on PC.
I wouldn't count on it. I think Sony will stick with their strategy of waiting until sales start to drop before considering putting their exclusives on PC.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:09 AM   #4927
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the realm of “games absolutely no one is talking about”, I grabbed Dysmantle on PS (also on Xbox) and am having a really great time with it. It’s a fairly chill survival game played from an isometric perspective, focused on gathering materials, upgrading and crafting equipment, and exploring an island full of zombies and secrets. I know that might sound a little generic but there’s something very refreshing about it, it’s very clean and well made and the gameplay loop is a lot of fun. It’s also surprisingly relaxing for a survival game as there isn’t too much demanding combat and not much punishment for dying. I recommend it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2022, 11:58 AM   #4928
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting, will have to check out some videos of this. Steam reviews are really good too.

I don't mind watching the odd project zomboid either - it felt like such a deep dive that I wasn't sure I'd play to much of it.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:02 PM   #4929
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

FYI there's a really good Xbox backward compatibility sale on right now. I picked up RDR1, all the Saints Row games, Burnout Revenge, and a few other smaller games for $30 ttoal
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:24 PM   #4930
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
In the realm of “games absolutely no one is talking about”, I grabbed Dysmantle on PS (also on Xbox) and am having a really great time with it. It’s a fairly chill survival game played from an isometric perspective, focused on gathering materials, upgrading and crafting equipment, and exploring an island full of zombies and secrets. I know that might sound a little generic but there’s something very refreshing about it, it’s very clean and well made and the gameplay loop is a lot of fun. It’s also surprisingly relaxing for a survival game as there isn’t too much demanding combat and not much punishment for dying. I recommend it!
Thanks for this, it looked ok to me so gave it a try and really enjoying it. The progression is really well done, the story drives you to what you need to do, the crafting and upgrading all fit with what you're doing, but exploring off the main plot can be fun too. Well done.

Some may call it boring after a while but I'm a sucker for resource collection games. The LEGO game and the stud collection plugs right into my brain, so this fits too.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2022, 10:31 PM   #4931
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

It's too bad that Dysmantle trailer doesn't really show you anything. It's not doing the game any favors on getting people interested.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #4932
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I'm really loving Sekiro and have made it further than I actually thought I might be able (have beaten horse guy and Lady Butterfly, in addition to 6-7 minibosses). I'll just keep playing until I hit a wall, but it hasn't happened yet. Ledge hang assassinations are probably my favourite thing ever.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:34 PM   #4933
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
It's too bad that Dysmantle trailer doesn't really show you anything. It's not doing the game any favors on getting people interested.
Yeah it could really use a 2-3 minute narrated trailer better explaining the gameplay loop and I think it would help to sell a lot more people on it. I'm close to 12 hours game time since it came out (which is a lot for me in just 5 days, I have three kids!) and am really into it still. Just when I think I'm starting to go through the grind with it and maybe getting a little bored it'll open up a bit more or give me a new sidequest, or my items will finally level up and be able to knock down more things. It's really fine tuned like that.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:29 AM   #4934
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
When I still had my PlayStation3, I used it pretty sparingly when I owned it (MGS 4, Killzone 3 were my favorites) as most of the stuff I enjoyed playing were available on Xbox 360 and all my friends have Xbox consoles. I'm looking for a list of PlayStation 3 games (exclusives) that people would highly recommend checking out.
Gran Turismo games?

I pulled out the ol' PS2 a year ago and restarted playing Gran Turismo. I was planning on playing all the GT games in the series. I didn't have GT5 or GT6 for PS3 but I found used copies on MarketPlace. I also bought GT Sport for PS4 just to complete the collection. After loading those games and making sure they ran I went back to GT. I only got about 25% of the way through GT before time took me away from playing games.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:01 PM   #4935
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Gran Turismo games?

I pulled out the ol' PS2 a year ago and restarted playing Gran Turismo. I was planning on playing all the GT games in the series. I didn't have GT5 or GT6 for PS3 but I found used copies on MarketPlace. I also bought GT Sport for PS4 just to complete the collection. After loading those games and making sure they ran I went back to GT. I only got about 25% of the way through GT before time took me away from playing games.
I already own all of the Forza Motorsport series including Forza 7 with all the DLC, so Gran Turismo probably isn't on the list for me. Sim and arcade racing games in general are taken care of by my XSX. Good thought, though.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2022, 09:51 PM   #4936
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Finished God of War, what an outstanding game. Easily in my list of top games.

Was finally able to watch the trailer for the next one, I hope it doesn't take another 3 years to get that on PC. Heck I probably can't wait and will have to play it on PS5.
Thanks. I’m almost done Horizon Zero Dawn and God Of War is next!
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:56 PM   #4937
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will be interesting to see what you prefer playing them back to back. I found God of War to be a pretty barren game. Very good, but very empty.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #4938
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Blizzard has announced a new Survival IP in the works:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1486038723468795906
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 06:52 AM   #4939
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Will be interesting to see what you prefer playing them back to back. I found God of War to be a pretty barren game. Very good, but very empty.
Good game but for me it felt a little like playing a game on rails as the environments were so small and restricted that you just went from path to path unlocking progression.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:12 AM   #4940
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Good game but for me it felt a little like playing a game on rails as the environments were so small and restricted that you just went from path to path unlocking progression.
Yeah, it's a weird one. I've kind of been getting sick of open-world games to some extent, as I find that many of them just turn into fetch quest after fetch quest, but God of War was way too restrictive.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote