Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #21
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
i was pleasantly surprised by the announcers. they did not come across as homers which so many do. very solid. Del Bianco was fantastic. good win, looking forward to seeing Dobbie and the Seals

That's cause they aren't the Rush's broadcasters. TSN have "Western" and "Eastern" broadcast teams for their games of the week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2021, 07:26 PM   #22
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Friday night showed that the Roughnecks need to lock down defensively to win games, in particular because of the loss of Dane Dobbie.
Dobbie showed that by scoring a potload of goals and leading the Seals to a fairly easy win. I don't give a ton of blame to CBD on that, as he was hung out to dry a bit. At least the Necks did some scoring in the 2nd half and make it a bit respectable.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #23
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

In other NLL news:

-Rhys Dutch, who scored the championship winning goal in 2019 for the 'Necks, went to Halifax after not getting resigned by Calgary. Unfortunately, he's hurt, and on the IR for, it is suggested, the rest of the year. Dutch is 35, so this might be it for him in the NLL. He's a real estate agent in Victoria, so he might just do that, and play summer lacrosse in Vic.

-Evan Kirk moved from being the starter in Saskatoon to Rochester in the off season, but due to conflicts with his full time gig, is also done for the season. A very NLL thing to have happen.

-Covid has also affected the NLL...half a dozen players, including Mitch Wilde from the Roughnecks, were out. Thankfully, because the players only come together on the weekends, there hasn't been a situation like those found int he NHL and other leagues.

-And finally...last night there was a big brawl in the Rochester/Albany game, including a goalie fight!
https://twitter.com/NLL/status/1472388439366680576
Old 12-27-2021, 05:01 PM   #24
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

This week's NLL games, starting with the game here on Thursday, have been postponed.
Old 01-29-2022, 07:01 PM   #25
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

After a month and a half, the Roughnecks are finally back in action in San Diego.
San Diego's last game was a couple weeks ago, and had a couple of interesting sidebars:

San Diego got hit hard by Covid a couple weeks ago, with both of their goalies out. They signed as their starter Justin Geddie, who was drafted by the Roughnecks in 2020, but didn't make the team. He got to be in goal against the Rush, while in front of him was a pretty makeshift defense.

The Seals had some concerns about having to go over the boarder and go through a couple different airports for their US players to get from San Diego to Saskatoon. So billionare Joe Tsai, who owns the Seals, chartered a private jet to fly in the US contingent, and went along for the ride himself. Cue the 'wow it's cold here' (it had warmed up 20 degrees or so from the previous week) and folks sliding on ice tweets from one of the world's richest men.

After all that (and Dane Dobbie scoring two goals in the second half while pretty much playing on one leg), the Seals beat the Rush 12-11.

All seven roster members who were out for the Seals are back, but one additional player is out for the Seals, Dan Taylor is out for the Roughnecks.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:23 PM   #26
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Does anyone know why Dickson has been out of the lineup the last couple of games?

Decent effort against the Mammoth. Nice to not crumble in the 4th for a change of pace.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:18 PM   #27
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

He’s been sick
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #28
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last weekend's loss to the Seals was a bit of a snoozer. Great game by Scigliano, still a bit bitter that we lost him but I guess we couldn't carry two top tier goalies. Better games recently by Del Bianco, despite the ongoing defensive woes. The team just strikes me as not well practiced. I know it is an issue with the NLL, but they really seem to be struggling a lot more than past seasons to gel. The schedule doesn't help.

Next six weeks are packed with games including 6 at home before the end of April. Even if they get it together for a late charge I wonder if they aren't already too far back.

NLL losing both their commish (who was behind the big recent expansion) and deputy commish in the same month is a tough one. Hope they get a strong hire at the helm soon to keep up the momentum. Judging by the crowds at Panther City and Seals, they still have some work to do. But I am pretty pumped for a Las Vegas team coming into the league, would be a great road trip excuse.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2022, 10:52 PM   #29
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

It is always a good day when the Roughnecks beat the Rush.
The Following User Says Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2022, 12:08 PM   #30
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

5-1 in the last six games and firmly in a playoff spot. Never would have thought it with the way the season started. The team's ongoing issue with really slow season starts feeds into my dislike of Malawski as a coach, but in the end he gets the team on track eventually.

Jesse King remains my fave NLL player, he just seems to be having such a great time playing all the time.

Happy to see the Rush went all out for Shattler's last home game. An all time great player.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2022, 01:56 PM   #31
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Home playoff game! I would have laughed at the concept in early Feb., but the Roughnecks are hoping to go on a playoff run of their own.
First round (one game, winner take all) is Friday @ 7:30, against the very same Colorado Mammoth that the Necks beat last night to get 2nd place in the conference.
The Following User Says Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2022, 03:06 PM   #32
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get to call the game! I figured I wouldn’t get any playoff games but TSN is featuring a different game so I’ll be in the booth.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2022, 11:10 PM   #33
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I get to call the game! I figured I wouldn’t get any playoff games but TSN is featuring a different game so I’ll be in the booth.
Wait, does that mean this game will not be on TV?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:14 PM   #34
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Wait, does that mean this game will not be on TV?
Correct
Just on TSNs digital service
Or you can try to find a stream of Altitude which is the tv station the Mammoth air the game on
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2022, 01:15 PM   #35
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone with Roughnecks season tickets, is there any sort of difference between adult and child tickets aside from price? I'm looking to get a set of four for the family. If I decide to go with my buddies instead of the kids would there be an issue at the door with the child tickets?

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 10-07-2022 at 07:44 AM.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 01:32 AM   #36
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
For anyone with Roughnecks season tickets, is there any sort of difference between adult and child tickets aside from price? I'm looking to get a set of four for the family. I decide to go with my buddies instead of the kids would there be an issue at the door with the child tickets?
I am also wondering this, hopefully someone answers us. I'm also considering buying the student tickets, but not sure if I'll have too prove it each time

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:04 PM   #37
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
For anyone with Roughnecks season tickets, is there any sort of difference between adult and child tickets aside from price? I'm looking to get a set of four for the family. If I decide to go with my buddies instead of the kids would there be an issue at the door with the child tickets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
I am also wondering this, hopefully someone answers us. I'm also considering buying the student tickets, but not sure if I'll have too prove it each time
Sorry for the delayed reply - no difference in all practicality. We have 2 adult and 2 student/child season tickets. My "kids" are 19 & 22. But they were kids when we bought our tickets originally and I just keep forgetting to mention it to CSEC.

I bring friends all the time, no one ever looks at the ticket scan.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:27 AM   #38
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Roughnecks made a nice comeback only to lose in OT, they were destroyed in the face off circle all night. great effort though.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 08:16 PM   #39
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Toronto's face off guy is elite so not surprised, but winning the draw in overtime was obviously huge.
The team is still struggling with the set 5 on 5 offense. Getting Josh Currier has helped but they need at least one more strong scorer up front.
They are staying in games because of the athleticism and finish of their transition game and the amazing passing by CBD.

Tags
lacrosse , roughnecks