Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #1021
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was so let down by Suicide Squad that I'm having trust issues with this one. But Margot was the best part of the movie, and I like her performance.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:44 PM   #1022
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so excited Zack Snyder just announced his next project it's a sequel to his first film Dawn of the Dead. Will be a zombie apocalypse film for Netflix and comes out next year.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #1023
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I'm so excited Zack Snyder just announced his next project it's a sequel to his first film Dawn of the Dead. Will be a zombie apocalypse film for Netflix and comes out next year.

I loved his Dawn of the Dead but have been rather unimpressed with most of his work since then.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:51 AM   #1024
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does that mean that he is just remaking Day of the Dead?
Old 01-30-2019, 06:36 AM   #1025
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Does that mean that he is just remaking Day of the Dead?
Not exactly, this sequel has been in the works since 2007. WB wasn't moving on it so Netflix purchased the rights. I guess it's similar to Day where there will be an army and zombies but I think it will be more Snyder and less Romero.

I just read more about it. I guess it takes place in Las Vegas during a zombie outbreak and a group of mercenaries that go into the quarantined zone to pull off a heist.

Last edited by Nadal Fan; 01-30-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:12 PM   #1026
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Dawn of the Dead was awesome. Looking forward to that sequel.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #1027
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big DC news as Affleck is officially out as Batman movie. Movie is set for June 2021 and James Gunn will do a semi reboot for Suicide Squad 2 and that's set to release August 2021.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #1028
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Animated Batman Beyond film is now in the works. Supposedly inspired by the success of Spiderverse.

Last edited by KTrain; 01-31-2019 at 07:50 AM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #1029
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Animated Batman Beyond film is now in the works. Supposedly inspired the success of Spiderverse.
Also DC Super Pets coming in 2021......2021 the year of DC
Old 01-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #1030
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Big DC news as Affleck is officially out as Batman movie. Movie is set for June 2021 and James Gunn will do a semi reboot for Suicide Squad 2 and that's set to release August 2021.
They really need to shelve batman for a good long while.

They really keep losing the message

Batman (Keaton) - Loved this movie, I originally hated the idea of Keaton as Batman because at that time he was a manic comedy actor, but he was great. Jack was a perfect joker.

Batman Returns - I didn't like this as much as the first one which is funny because we got really strong performances from Keaton, Pheiffer Danny DeVito was decent as Penguin, but it just didn't have the same kind of mystery as the first one

Batman Forever - Joel Schumacher establishes himself as the worlds most evil monster. Kilner was terrible as Batman. Tommy Lee Jones was miscast as 2 face as was Carey as the Riddler. This movie was hot garbage

Batman and Robin - Total garbage. Uma Thurman, Arnold were terrible in their roles. They tried too hard for camp and it utterly failed. Clooney was a terrible batman.

Batman Begins - I liked this movie a lot because at its heart it wasn't a super hero movie, it took Batman back to being the Great Detective. Bale was solid as Batman, They didn't have a super villain in it but Liam was good as Ra's Al Ghul. I still liked the first Keaton movie a little better.

The Dark Knight - Probably the height of Batman. This movie worked mainly because of Heath Ledger and he actually outshone Batman in this movie to the point that Batman was a secondary protagonist. The two face story felt thrown in and his demise disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing more of Ledger

The Dark Knight Rises - I didn't much like this movie. Tom Hardy was wasted as Bane and you couldn't understand what he was saying. Cotillard was badly over shadowed by everyone and her death scene was terrible. Anne Hathaway looked good as Catwoman but her character seemed really 2 dimensional. It was just a major decline where years later we talk about the super growly voice of Batman.

Batman vs Superman - Atrociously bad movie made worse by Jessie Eisenberg. I just didn't like Affleck as Batman and he was worse as Bruce Wayne. I've always found the premise of Batman vs Superman as stupid, and this movie didn't prove me wrong. Oh and they bought in Doomsday and it was stupid. The only thing that saves this movie is wonderwoman

Justice League - The less said the better of this piece of cinematic afterbirth. Bad writing, worse acting, ludcris premise and a plot line that you couldn't follow without muttering WTF every 10 minutes. Affleck pretty much mailed in his Batman and half the time looked like he was reading off of a cue card while waiting for his pay check.

We really don't need another Batman movie for a while.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:16 AM   #1031
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

What we need is a Batman movie that shows his origin story.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #1032
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I dont know if this is good, bad or indifferent.

It seems that the plan for the new Batman movie was to make it more cerebral and less...'punchy' which is a serious detour for DC movies.

That being said, Affleck is getting a little long in the tooth to play a younger Batman, but now they have to cast someone who doesnt suck.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:29 AM   #1033
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're really releasing reboot movies specifically titled "The Batman" and "The Suicide Squad" within months of each other? Ugh.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #1034
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also DC Super Pets coming in 2021......2021 the year of DC
They're basically rebooting two failed franchises and making a Super Pets movie... How exactly is that the year of DC? They now have two "successful" characters in Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Although I think they each need another hit before we can put them on the same standing as other franchises. Meanwhile basically everything else has floundered. We probably won't get another Justice League movie; not one without Batman and Superman at least. That's a real shame; there will be a dozen Avengers movies before another JLA movie sees the light of day.
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:38 AM   #1035
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
They're basically rebooting two failed franchises and making a Super Pets movie... How exactly is that the year of DC? They now have two "successful" characters in Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Although I think they each need another hit before we can put them on the same standing as other franchises. Meanwhile basically everything else has floundered. We probably won't get another Justice League movie; not one without Batman and Superman at least. That's a real shame; there will be a dozen Avengers movies before another JLA movie sees the light of day.
Thank God for that!

It is understood that Justice League is used in North Korea as a form of torture to make Political Dissidents talk when the 'Batman vs Superman' method proves ineffective.

There is talk of incidents where both films have been contravening the Geneva convention and may have to be banned.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #1036
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Batman is the only superhero movie they should make every year. Instead of that that over the top CG crapfest that Marvel and DC puts out every 6 months. Including Star Wars. Disney ruins everything!
Old 01-31-2019, 10:17 AM   #1037
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I was so let down by Suicide Squad that I'm having trust issues with this one. But Margot was the best part of the movie, and I like her performance.
Suicide Squad 1 was definitely awful. The biggest change will be James Gunn. They're apparently also allowing him to essentially re-write and reboot the franchise:

https://www.cbr.com/suicide-squad-2-new-cast/

Quote:
However, it appears the film won't be a sequel in the traditional sense. In fact, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie "is not being labeled a direct sequel but as a relaunch." Therefore, Gunn's The Suicide Squad will not be direct follow-up to David Ayer's film, but rather a soft reboot. What does that mean? A new cast, and a new direction.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #1038
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
What we need is a Batman movie that shows his origin story.
Batman Begins?

Don't think we really need a full on origin story. It'd be nice to have to not fill in so many gaps, as in the Snyderverse though.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #1039
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
They're really releasing reboot movies specifically titled "The Batman" and "The Suicide Squad" within months of each other? Ugh.
I seriously doubt that DC will stick to those release schedules.

There also not really reboots. The Batman movie will just be set a lot earlier, so they can't use a 50 year old Affleck to play a 20s something Batman.

The Suicide Squad movie isn't a full reboot. They're just going to ignore the bad parts of the first movie.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:25 AM   #1040
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I seriously doubt that DC will stick to those release schedules.

There also not really reboots. The Batman movie will just be set a lot earlier, so they can't use a 50 year old Affleck to play a 20s something Batman.

The Suicide Squad movie isn't a full reboot. They're just going to ignore the bad parts of the first movie.
So....all of it then. Thats all you had to say. All of it.