Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2022, 04:30 PM   #201
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

FunkMasterFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FunkMasterFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2022, 04:35 PM   #202
BurningSteel
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm starting to question the legitimacy of this one.
BurningSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BurningSteel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 04:59 PM   #203
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
What's the new design look like?
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hey Connor, It's Mess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 06:24 PM   #204
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

hey guys i decided to update the project with another small detail that no one asked for but will cause a delay.daryl at kingskiz is booking me in now. im not avoiding anyone and it hurts when u guys suggest i am. im just a guy with a lot of problems and even more excuses

hope u have a great weekend, it looks hot out!

ps - anyone who donated can pm me their number, social insurance card and current home address for a special surprise!
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2022, 07:30 PM   #205
Vansmack
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
hey guys i decided to update the project with another small detail that no one asked for but will cause a delay.daryl at kingskiz is booking me in now. im not avoiding anyone and it hurts when u guys suggest i am. im just a guy with a lot of problems and even more excuses

ps - anyone who donated can pm me their number, social insurance card and current home address for a special surprise!
If anyone that donated has an issue feel free to contact me by pm. I'll refund you personally.
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #206
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

guys im still doing it
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames_Gimp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2022, 05:14 PM   #207
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansmack View Post
If anyone that donated has an issue feel free to contact me by pm. I'll refund you personally.
huh? why would you send money back? i have said all along it will be ready for the season. I would gladly return $10 or $20. I've been waiting to get booked in, but we j\might be changing the design depending if chucky is signed
Old 07-16-2022, 05:18 PM   #208
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

would you stop bullying me? why don't you come over to my house like a man and talk if you have a problem with me, you didn't even donate.
Old 07-16-2022, 05:31 PM   #209
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
This might be a dumb idea, but, i'm bored and want to prepare for (hopefully) a long playoff run and
July
Quote:
have said all along it will be ready for the season.
Quote:
would you stop bullying me? why don't you come over to my house like a man and talk if you have a problem with me, you didn't even donate.
Someone donated on my behalf

Last edited by FormerPresJamesTaylor; 07-16-2022 at 05:35 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2022, 05:42 PM   #210
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well alright then. Thats...a thing that happened.

I think thats hilarious personally.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2022, 05:51 PM   #211
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Saw it yesterday and laughed.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:05 PM   #212
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

bullying people in a thread and in pm does tend to get frowned upon. Also isnt complaining about a gofundme that you didn't donate kinda being a karen?

so guys i would like to plan a bbq but with notice this time so you guys can make it, can we figure out a day and time? i would like to meet some of you and show my appreciation.

Is confirming chuck signs and doing wrap ok with everyone?

im definitely rolling up to the dome for game 1 of the regular season

thanks guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames_Gimp For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2022, 06:29 PM   #213
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
bullying people in a thread and in pm does tend to get frowned upon.
Please don't insinuate I bullied you through a private message; it was you who messaged me first, threatening police action then I replied "In my option you're a scammer and good luck with the police report" you sent a second PM saying your lawyer will be in contact with me.

This thread has gone exactly how several predicted when a GoFundMe was first mentioned (by you). Lots of engagement before the funding, then a trailing off and complete radio silence afterwards. The only reason updates have been given was because sceptical users (as I am) bumped it asking for an update. Maybe your excuses are genuine, who knows, but this entire story is certainly following the GoFundMe script. I'll add that the thread isn't limited to only positive comments, no it's not a "karen" move to question the GoFundMe process. Some donations are anonymous, so even your attempt to silence criticism doesn't hold water.

You have threatened legal and police action against me, please stop with the private messages. Four should suffice.

-James Taylor (former President)
Old 07-16-2022, 07:22 PM   #214
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

excuse me? no you insulted me in the thread for no reason and i pm'd calmy and poltely to try nd work out your issue and I asked you to please stop, and you continued to post dick responses in the thread so i blocked you for a couple months

today i find you're still posted shots at me,( btw posting little shots or jabs to make someone feel bad IS bullying)

so i pm'd you and said please stopor i will go the legal route but instead of stopping you pm back and outright call me a scammer, not stopping when repeatedly asked is also bullying.

Now btw denying that i felt bullied and insulting me further is trying to shame me (again shaming is bullying"

I'm asking AGAIN PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME AND ABOUT ME PLEASE ASTOP PLEASE STOP PLEASE STOP

Quote:
Please don't insinuate I bullied you through a private message; it was you who messaged me first, threatening police action then I replied "In my option you're a scammer and good luck with the police report" you sent a second PM saying your lawyer will be in contact with me.

This thread has gone exactly how several predicted when a GoFundMe was first mentioned (by you). Lots of engagement before the funding, then a trailing off and complete radio silence afterwards. The only reason updates have been given was because sceptical users (as I am) bumped it asking for an update. Maybe your excuses are genuine, who knows, but this entire story is certainly following the GoFundMe script. I'll add that the thread isn't limited to only positive comments, no it's not a "karen" move to question the GoFundMe process. Some donations are anonymous, so even your attempt to silence criticism doesn't hold water.

You have threatened legal and police action against me, please stop with the private messages. Four should suffice.

-James Taylor (former President)

Last edited by Flames_Gimp; 07-16-2022 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:35 PM   #215
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

This entire thread is just a bad look all around.
Can we lock it and move on.

Thing was supposed to be a "playoff wagon" and is still doesn't even have a concept designed yet. People donated money, now its turning into a SCAM or no SCAM discussion... the whole semantics looks awful.

I'd say get it done now or just give the money back and move on.
No more questions, no more updates... either its happening now or it isn't.

#### or get off the pot as they say.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:48 PM   #216
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
This entire thread is just a bad look all around.
Can we lock it and move on.

Thing was supposed to be a "playoff wagon" and is still doesn't even have a concept designed yet. People donated money, now its turning into a SCAM or no SCAM discussion... the whole semantics looks awful.

I'd say get it done now or just give the money back and move on.
No more questions, no more updates... either its happening now or it isn't.

#### or get off the pot as they say.
i can't post updates and try and have a bbq/get together? i'm sorry i tried to treat everyone to free beer and food, i thought I was trying to do something nice

i asked a few times to go ahead or refund and everyone said go for it, last time i was on i said it's getting done before the season noone had a problem. It feels like i've been told "take your time, and then hury up, because a little troll is pushing everyone's buttons.

can we enjoy the break from hockey and have it in time for the season? you want me to put chucky's face on sides and remove it when he walks? or can i have the summer break to get it right the 1st time? i thought since there's no hockey you guys were ok
Old 07-16-2022, 08:53 PM   #217
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

��
Old 07-16-2022, 08:54 PM   #218
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyways, you guys carry on. This is good stuff.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:31 PM   #219
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

FlamesGimp, your ability to twist the truth and timeline of events is truly impressive. No I wasn't bullying you through PM, regardless of how you feel about it. That's twisting the truth in order to prey on peoples emotions. I have utterly no idea what you're talking about two months ago.. do you mean when you PM'd me complaining about another poster and I suggested that it's an open forum and that user is allowed to voice their opinion as well? You didn't like the response either but I wasn't the focus of that PM.

Your last out burst carries no weight with me either, you're not the moderator of this thread. You can report my posts, threaten to call the police about it, and threaten legal action when I clearly state "in my option", that's up to you. I will continue to post and give me thoughts on any developments. Your attempts to quell criticisms is hollow.
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2022, 09:39 PM   #220
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
FlamesGimp, your ability to twist the truth and timeline of events is truly impressive. No I wasn't bullying you through PM, regardless of how you feel about it. That's twisting the truth in order to prey on peoples emotions. I have utterly no idea what you're talking about two months ago.. do you mean when you PM'd me complaining about another poster and I suggested that it's an open forum and that user is allowed to voice their opinion as well? You didn't like the response either but I wasn't the focus of that PM.

Your last out burst carries no weight with me either, you're not the moderator of this thread. You can report my posts, threaten to call the police about it, and threaten legal action when I clearly state "in my option", that's up to you. I will continue to post and give me thoughts on any developments. Your attempts to quell criticisms is hollow.
I think I can sum it up for members