LOL (Am I doing this right?)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta View Post
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
lol
What a great example to have set for the rest of us!
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:32 PM   #462
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I don't think what you're saying and I'm saying are mutually exclusive.

I'm saying the flames couldn't get a deal done without sending back salary. Stone is saying there were multiple teams involved as a destination.

The Sens had a deal in place with Vegas that they liked. It was contingent on atone signing an extension, so they made him available to talk extension.

I think they also had a deal in place with the Flames that they liked less.

I don't think stone picked his destination, I think the Senators had a clear preference on what trade they wanted to do and based on their borderline bankruptcy and the fact they didn't take any serious salary back in any of their other moves that day, it was the deal that didn't cost them any money.

I think if the flames had 10x8 on the table and weren't sending salary back, 1st+valimaki would've made stone a flame.

I get taking it at face value, but also, what else is he going to say after signing an 8 year deal?

Elliott also said this,

He previously speculated that the Sens had offered Stone 10.5x5 but that would've left him having to negotiate again at 32, perhaps leaving money on the table.

I'm not going to make an argument that Vegas isnt a much more attractive destination than Calgary, but I think you can pay players to pay there.

I think when Burke went on TV to say that it would've cost x for the flames to match what stone makes in Vegas because of the high taxes in Alberta (lol), I think he was betraying what the flames would have had to offer Stone to get him to stay. I think Elliotte saying the flames were confident they could keep him means they knew the figure his camp wanted as well.

In the end Stone may have preferred making 9.5 in Vegas to making 10.5 in Calgary. But what we also know is that the flames couldn't possibly afford to give him that contract with Neal on the roster, and so the risk was in that he might leave before they had the opportunity to move the salary necessary to extend him. In Vegas, it happened right away.

To me what betrays this is Meloney saying they went to bed thinking they had the deal done, and Friedman quoting another GM that once Brannstrom was on the table, no other team was going to beat that offer.

If the flames thought they had the deal done, and no one was going to beat the brannstrom offer, it stands to reason Brannstrom wasn't on the table the night before the deadline.

I think the flames thought they had Stone in a deal that would've sent Neal out of town, and when Vegas offered Brannstrom with no Salary attached, Vegas took the cheaper offer knowing Stone signing an extension wouldn't be a roadblock, while Stone knew wherever be was going he'd be getting his big payday with term attached.
This narrative is entirely fabricated out of hardly any evidence, but a lot of bias. The Occam’s Razor conclusion of a very quick Vegas extension is that Vegas had the extension negotiated already.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #463
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
What a great example to have set for the rest of us!
They’re just parroting you bub. You’re the one who started the lol one word bs replies.

Want to get better responses to your posts? Be better yourself. Don’t act like it’s not your posting style that has rubbed a lot of us the wrong way.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #464
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
They’re just parroting you bub. You’re the one who started the lol one word bs replies.

Want to get better responses to your posts? Be better yourself. Don’t act like it’s not your posting style that has rubbed a lot of us the wrong way.
Well I LOL’d at this post given the author.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #465
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd just like to say that I like both guys we got at the deadline. I don't think it's a stretch that they've contributed to our better record since then.

I think Hamonic is gone and wouldn't be surprised to see Kylington traded while Treliving keeps these guys.
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote