Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-10-2020, 09:45 PM   #221
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ I was immediately looking for the gif of him celebrating when he pops out of the pile so thank you for that. Favourite Andersson play so far lol.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 10:04 PM   #222
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
^ I was immediately looking for the gif of him celebrating when he pops out of the pile so thank you for that. Favourite Andersson play so far lol.

He's definitely the most GIFable Flame right now.

Forgot about this one, went back and GIFed it:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 10:53 PM   #223
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

The kid's a beaut.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:26 PM   #224
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great signing. Hope the work ethic continues and the passion. He's been a pleasure to watch.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #225
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
The Frolik trade indicates that Treliving intends to be a buyer at the deadline. We're not selling Hamonic, and if we were it would be sooner rather than later so we can accumulate cap multiplier.

Selling from a playoff team is a recurring fantasy from pessimist fans but not something that GMs and owners who covet the Stanley Cup go for. If you bomb in the playoffs and a guy walks, well at least you went down swinging and you get cap space as an asset anyways.
Actually most of the scuttlebutt is Treliving acquiring a player with term, not a rental.

I just don't like the core as it stands. Something feels off. I don't go all in with this team as it stands unless there's a huge change to consistency and mental fortitude down the stretch.

I'm not a pessimist though, I generally get worn out arguing what is deemed an optimistic bias.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:12 AM   #226
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Did Washington go two full seasons without making any changes of consequence? Maybe they did, but I just don’t think Treliving can sit on his hands for that long a time. The fact that he has tried leads me to believe he still wants to add players to this team.
Did we get crossed up?

I'm not arguing for no change at all. In fact I'm saying the core has to change.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #227
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Did we get crossed up?

I'm not arguing for no change at all. In fact I'm saying the core has to change.
I know you’re not arguing against change and my comment wasn’t meant to be directed at you or anyone in particular. I just can’t see him waiting until the off season to do something is all. Two playoffs with basically the same team seems highly unusual to me. So even if a move is a lateral one, is like to see it. Swapping out an expiring contract on D for picks and use picks to acquire an expiring contract up front.

I’m also not as adverse to “rentals”. You’re not always going to be able to trade for a player whose contract was negotiated by another GM. If you acquire a guy who is at least willing to listen to your offers before UFA, that’s not necessarily bad. The idea of a test drive is kind of appealing and might help you avoid a giant mistake.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #228
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

This was an outstanding signing. Full marks here.

When I had Andersson ranked 12th in the 2015 draft, I saw where is now as his probable ceiling but around age 26 or 27. That he's already reached it at 23 with 3 more years of development ahead of him before he hits his peak years is truly incredible. The only knock on Andersson, as has been well-documented, was his indifference to fitness and nutrition. His complete change in lifestyle is something he should be very proud of as no doubt it was not easy.

Very excited for another six years of Rasmus - the only thing missing from his game is his offense which is perfect as that will come easier than any other aspect. Awesome in the room, wears the jersey with pride, gets caught up in the emotions and rivalries, just a fantastic asset for the Flames.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 12:47 AM   #229
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like what was said about him during the game tonight. Something like he was asked how well he thinks he is playing this year and he said "I look at my stats and I want to punch myself in the face."
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #230
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post

- the only thing missing from his game is his offense which is perfect as that will come easier than any other aspect. .
Disagree.

The toughest asset is offense. Players are gifted with it or not. It does NOT come easy.

Defense is hard work and commitment to detail.

I like him a lot.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post: