Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #481
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Oh yes, I am fully aware that some posters are on here purely to stir the pot, drop fly by posts, and try to cause hard feelings and chaos in general. Nothing new there. If someone says they are done with the organization why would they be posting still in every thread on the FOI board? Doesn't sound done to me.
I'm certainly not done with the organization per say. Been a life long die hard, that just doesn't go away over night. I'll watch when I can and cheer for the team on ice but you probably won't find me going to a game when I'm back in Calgary. Whats disappointing is the fact this organization has been the definition of mediocrity ON and OFF the ice for a very long time. For some of us, we are patiently waiting for the time something clicks and they become the barometer of success in the league. The original mistake coupled with some of the other decisions I disagree with, tells me they don't have the right upper management in place.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:01 PM   #482
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yes, I am fully aware that some posters are on here purely to stir the pot, drop fly by posts, and try to cause hard feelings and chaos in general. Nothing new there. If someone says they are done with the organization why would they be posting still in every thread on the FOI board? Doesn't sound done to me.
You know, I don't mean to be rude but for someone who is pretty open about your mental health struggles, you sure do like to call out posters all the time for random ####. These other posters may also be going through stuff that makes them post a certain way. Maybe stop being a dick to people and put them on your ignore list? Doesn't sound very hard.

Trust me, I will try and do the same.

Last edited by keenan87; 03-17-2020 at 05:10 PM.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 05:10 PM   #483
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

People have some rather legitimate feelings of disappointment towards the organization and this is a pretty good place to express that.

No point trying to shout them down IMO. I have lots of time for posters who want to talk about all the good the club does too.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #484
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
You know, I don't mean to be rude but for someone who is pretty open about your mental health struggles, you sure do like to call out posters all the time for random ####. These other posters may also be going through stuff that makes them post a certain way. Maybe stop being a dick to people and put them on your ignore list? Doesn't sound very hard.

Trust me, I will try and do the same.
Who exactly was I being a dick to? I was pointing out that people should not be claiming they are finished with the organization and they are done and then continue to do the exact opposite. Emotions run high, people need to think before they post. A thing I was guilty of many times in the past, take some time to let your emotions simmer down before posting something you will regret. The poster I originally referred to doing this has a long past of showing that he is not here for Flames debate, he is here to do fly by posts to stir the pot. Maybe I want him to prove me wrong. Maybe I even think he can be a decent contributer to this board if he chose to. Maybe just maybe he reads this and takes the time to think before posting and changes his posting style. Unlike some others on here that clearly are not Calgary Flames fans but spend almost all of their time in the Off topic forum sewing chaos there only to creep on here for the odd potshot (see RubeCube) I think Flash really is a hardcore Flames fan. I think he has shown he can be a top poster on this board but it always seems to revert back to garbage posts at some point. Just my two cents
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #485
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Who exactly was I being a dick to?

Loath to defend Flash and his antics but you're clearly being one here.

He had an emotional post in an emotional situation. Stop policing others fandom.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #486
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post

Loath to defend Flash and his antics but you're clearly being one here.

He had an emotional post in an emotional situation. Stop policing others fandom.
Sure. What is your obsession with me? Like it is unhealthy. Can I send you a 5x10 autographed pick to stop stalking me on here? Surely there is better things to do with your time. Hmm, must be a past thing from a banned poster. So who did you use to be?
Old 03-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #487
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

You complain about others "stirring the pot" and then post that.

You are what you claim to hate, dude.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #488
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
You complain about others "stirring the pot" and then post that.

You are what you claim to hate, dude.
I am not trying to stir the pot, I am trying to figure out what his obsession is. Seriously, every post I make he has to attack it. What is the deal? I didn't insult him. I didn't attack him. It is tiring.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #489
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, in tough times we should not be bickering. I am sorry. Peace. I really don't want to fight on here, there is enough crap going on.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #490
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Old 03-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #491
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Justin Slimm
@justinslimm

Calgary Flames Foundation announces it will be giving $1.15M to organizations that support vulnerable populations. The DI, Mustard Seed, Inn From the Cold, CUPS, The Alex, the Food Bank, Meals on Wheels, Brown Bagging, Kids Help Phone and others will receive funds. #yyc
People can rag on the Flames ownership all they like for the initial debacle regarding not paying employees who could not work because of the shutdown. It was dumb and a horrible look.

But this kind of thing is why they are so important to the community.

And just to add...fundraising for the FF are completely neutered at this point because no one can gather to raise money...to then help the disadvantaged. Just a nasty and vicious cycle to be caught in without any real clear path forward or a timeline to replenish the foundations bank accounts.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #492
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Somebody will find a reason and a way.