Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-27-2024, 03:08 PM   #6421
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this is a bit of a bombshell. I can't really see her going to AEW, but could see her taking time off to be more of a stay at home mom.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773088995217682538

EDIT: Sounds like she wants Mercedes Mone money.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2024/3...egotations-wwe
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:18 PM   #6422
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

She'll go where Seth does... but the division is kind of top heavy these days. I could see her taking some time off, while Morgan, Stratton, Naomi, Cargill are given a push. Plus Bliss and Flair should be back at some point. Lynch could translate into a part timer for big matches. I assume that means Ripley will go over, and rightfully so; she's arguably the second biggest full time name in the company right now.

I thought there were rumors of a midcard belt being introduced. Kind of crazy that Mania doesn't have Morgan, Stratton, and especially Belair in a program right now. Although I wonder if Belair/Naomi will end up in a match for the tag titles.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 03:27 PM   #6423
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
She'll go where Seth does...
Not sure how big of a factor that is. If she were to go to AEW, their travel schedule is light enough that she could always go to where Seth is. Plus, AEW generally pays for their talent's flights to wherever they need to go after their weekly commitments are done, so it wouldn't be huge hassle for her.

Again, I think the odds of her going to AEW are very small, but if WWE lowballs her, I would expect those odds to increase.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:56 PM   #6424
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

So far only two known couples of every day performers have stayed in the separate promotions and we've got a steady stream about the general unhappiness and possible requests for releases from half of both of those couples and just a general misuse of those who are thought to be wanting out, so that argument isn't a great one.

I think saying "Very small" is a major exaggeration of the chances of that happening. It's likely zero.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 04:58 PM   #6425
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Becky will become a part-timer, or retire. I think she wants to get into acting. I doubt she goes to AEW, or that AEW has room for her. They barely have enough room for Mone. Plus they already have great talent as it is with Willow/Blue/Julia/Statlander/Storm/May and all the others.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:26 PM   #6426
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I love Jim Cornette. that man is an entertainer.
I quit watching wrestling in about 2002, but was a superfan up to that point.

But I still listen to his podcast, and it's entertaining as hell. Not just for the nostalgia factor, but for all the current disfunction. You don't even have to watch wrestling to find him funnier than a rubber crutch. His HATRED for Vince Russo is frikking legendary, his opinion of Ryback, The Stephen P New ad reads are beyond hilarious.

Just so much to like, and the man is a bloody encyclopedia.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:38 AM   #6427
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just started Dynamite.... yikes things are looking grim. That crowd in Quebec is embarrassingly low. You can basically hear commentary from random people in the crowd.

It hasn't gone unnoticed either by the dirtsheets.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/aew/news...rnout-dynamite

Those audience pictures almost seem photoshopped.

Also Rock and Reigns are going to be on Jimmy Fallon on April 3rd. Might be worth checking out to see if Cody and Seth turn up to cause a commotion.

Last edited by trackercowe; 03-28-2024 at 12:49 AM.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:44 AM   #6428
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I have no idea about turn out, but reddit is sharing images of the Merch table and even after letting Jackson's wife go, who ever replaced her has done nothing to improve the situation.

An arena show with a single merch table with one hat, three shirts and some strange promo items for sale. It's sad. Apparently the logic from AEW is they want you to buy through PWT but in Canada that's a less appealing option since shipping charges are to the point of unnecessary gouging. The company didn't think/plan/care and did their normal spread.

It feels like everything out side of the ring and not between the bells in this company is clown shoes.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:46 AM   #6429
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

When I was at Dynamite in Toronto last week the merch line was full and busy. I even bought some myself.

I think this might be a case of selective visuals here. When was the picture taken? During the main event? End of the show?
Old 03-28-2024, 10:01 AM   #6430
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Merch was dissapointing at the show here in Calgary too last year. The lines were busy...but really there was a poor selection and nothing that really was exciting to have as a piece of memorabilia specific to the show.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:06 AM   #6431
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I think people are making a stink about a non-issue here. I've been to multiple AEW shows where there was more than enough merch to pick from, lines were busy, and they take down shirts that sold out.

When I went to FOrbidden Door last year, it was in Scotiabank Arena, where the Leafs play. Merch tables everywhere, lots of merch being bought and worn.

The picture in question is no different from what I've seen at AEW shows two years ago at the end of the night.

There's legitimate things to criticize AEW about (e.g. Tony Khan going off on Bischoff this morning), but the merch table isn't really one of them IMO. But they can certainly do better.

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 03-28-2024 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #6432
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm too lazy to look it up, what did Tony go off on Bischoff about?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:44 AM   #6433
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773258393790062597

https://twitter.com/user/status/1773321462046138615
Old 03-28-2024, 11:22 AM   #6434
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I think people are making a stink about a non-issue here. I've been to multiple AEW shows where there was more than enough merch to pick from, lines were busy, and they take down shirts that sold out.
I don't think it's a non-issue when we've heard of talent grumbling behind closed doors about it. Could just be dirtsheet reporting, but I doubt Jackson's wife would have left her position if there wasn't an issue.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:24 AM   #6435
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

On another note, the one downside of Swerve's meteoric rise is that it's probably going to rob us of an Orange Cassidy world title run, and I feel like he's more than earned it. Wouldn't have to be a long run, but would be a feel good moment for AEW fans who have been watching since the beginning.