Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-21-2021, 10:17 AM   #1701
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

At this point you are not going to get one in 3 days unless you buy off Kijiji. If there are even any drops before Christmas (doubt it) you won't have it in hand before the 25th.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:20 AM   #1702
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT14 View Post
I’ve been looking for almost a year now for a PS5 disk version and have still been poop out of luck. I told my kids I’d have one for Christmas and it’s looking like I might be made to be a liar. If anyone has one they’re willing to sell for full retail price I’d be eternally grateful!
Scalper prices have come down too.

Somebody was selling a PS5 Disc + Ratchet and Clank for $800 on facebook marketplace today.

Considering Ratchet and Clank regular retail is $80, and the disc PS5 is $630 that's really only $50 mark up once you include GST.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #1703
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Was there a thread specifically for selling/trading games? Couldn't find it.

In case anyone is looking for AC Valhalla:

*Sold*

Last edited by Engine09; 12-22-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:22 PM   #1704
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got a refurbished Xbox Series X in a few days ago for the living room, and sold the last Xbox One X in the house that I'm allowed to sell.

Now I'm really thinking that the living room TV needs a refresh.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #1705
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have the drops for these systems just completely dried up? I haven’t seen much lately at all.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:04 AM   #1706
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a big drop right after Christmas...think it was the 28th.

Hasn't been anything since then though.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:38 PM   #1707
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

New PS VR2 Details

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01...gaming-on-ps5/
  • Visual Fidelity: For a high-fidelity visual experience, PS VR2 offers 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view, and foveated rendering. With an OLED display, players can expect a display resolution of 2000×2040 per eye and smooth frame rates of 90/120Hz.
  • Headset-based Controller Tracking: With inside-out tracking, PS VR2 tracks you and your controller through integrated cameras embedded in the VR headset. Your movements and the direction you look at are reflected in-game without the need for an external camera.
  • New Sensory Features: PS VR2 Sense Technology combines eye tracking, headset feedback, 3D Audio, and the innovative PS VR2 Sense controller to create an incredibly deep feeling of immersion. Headset feedback is a new sensory feature that amplifies the sensations of in-game actions from the player. It’s created by a single built-in motor with vibrations that add an intelligent tactile element, bringing players closer to the gameplay experience. For example, gamers can feel a character’s elevated pulse during tense moments, the rush of objects passing close to the character’s head, or the thrust of a vehicle as the character speeds forward. Additionally, PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech makes sounds in the player’s surroundings come alive, adding to this new level of immersion.
  • Eye Tracking: With eye tracking, PS VR2 detects the motion of your eyes, so a simple look in a specific direction can create an additional input for the game character. This allows players to interact more intuitively in new and lifelike ways, allowing for a heightened emotional response and enhanced expression that provide a new level of realism in gaming.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2022, 09:24 PM   #1708
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
New PS VR2 Details

• Visual Fidelity: For a high-fidelity visual experience, PS VR2 offers 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view, and foveated rendering. With an OLED display, players can expect a display resolution of 2000×2040 per eye and smooth frame rates of 90/120Hz.
  • Headset-based Controller Tracking: With inside-out tracking, PS VR2 tracks you and your controller through integrated cameras embedded in the VR headset. Your movements and the direction you look at are reflected in-game without the need for an external camera.
  • New Sensory Features: PS VR2 Sense Technology combines eye tracking, headset feedback, 3D Audio, and the innovative PS VR2 Sense controller to create an incredibly deep feeling of immersion. Headset feedback is a new sensory feature that amplifies the sensations of in-game actions from the player. It’s created by a single built-in motor with vibrations that add an intelligent tactile element, bringing players closer to the gameplay experience. For example, gamers can feel a character’s elevated pulse during tense moments, the rush of objects passing close to the character’s head, or the thrust of a vehicle as the character speeds forward. Additionally, PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech makes sounds in the player’s surroundings come alive, adding to this new level of immersion.
  • Eye Tracking: With eye tracking, PS VR2 detects the motion of your eyes, so a simple look in a specific direction can create an additional input for the game character. This allows players to interact more intuitively in new and lifelike ways, allowing for a heightened emotional response and enhanced expression that provide a new level of realism in gaming.
I think I'm going to have to buy this. I'm just so damn cheap I probably never will
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:29 PM   #1709
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
I think I'm going to have to buy this. I'm just so damn cheap I probably never will
I just bought a Quest 2 but I'll probably end up getting this too for the exclusives. The first officially announced exclusive is a VR Horizon game.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:38 PM   #1710
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
New PS VR2 Details

This thing looks awesome, can't wait
Old 01-05-2022, 11:49 AM   #1711
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

PSVR2 is the first gaming related thing I'm going to pre-order in a very long time. It'll be my first foray into VR, I've held off because of a combination of price (PC VR) and poor 1st gen specs (PS4 VR). But this one looks amazing spec wise and if they can keep the price under $500 I'm in
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #1712
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
This thing sounds awesome, can't wait
FTFY, I didn't see any pictures/concept images of the unit yet but it sounds like it will be impressive!

Estimates on cost? $799 Canadian?
Since1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:37 PM   #1713
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm pretty pumped for the PSVR 2. I've enjoyed the first one alot. Pretty excited to see what next Gen graphics and interface will do. Lately I've been playing a ton of Zen Pinball in VR. lol
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #1714
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
FTFY, I didn't see any pictures/concept images of the unit yet but it sounds like it will be impressive!

Estimates on cost? $799 Canadian?
I doubt it will be more expensive than the PS5 itself. My guess would be $599 CDN.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 03:13 PM   #1715
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I doubt it will be more expensive than the PS5 itself. My guess would be $599 CDN.
The Valve Index costs $1300 CDN.

If Sony puts this thing out at around $600 CDN, it'll be a hell of a deal.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:19 PM   #1716
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hope they have some sort of waiting list to order these - I think they're going to have a hell of a time with scalpers again.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:54 AM   #1717
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sounds like Microsoft has acquired Activision-Blizzard for a tidy 70-ish billion quid.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:43 AM   #1718
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Does that mean all Activision-Blizzard games will be coming to Game Pass?
Old 01-18-2022, 07:53 AM   #1719
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As many as possible seems to be the intention, yes.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:53 AM   #1720
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Does that mean all Activision-Blizzard games will be coming to Game Pass?
I bet they will but I would expect a price hike or a separate tier. That’s a lot of AAA game franchises.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote