Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2022, 08:10 PM   #3981
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
This si pretty much the only topic I've replied to in months, and it's pathetic and embarrassing how badly "Flames Fans" are talking about JG and his departure. Dragging his wife into it, claiming that he deliberately screwed Calgary, and all that garbage, when BT had all the time in the world to sort it out.

So my posts sound antagonistic? Sorry I haven't joined your pity party with all the crybabies that are mad that a grown man made a decision for himself that a bunch of people don't like.

I come across as mad? More like embarrassed. This is Oiler fan level of embarrassing.
I generally agree with your stance on this topic, but you are absolutely obnoxious.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:16 PM   #3982
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thinking of this team with Huberdeau and Gaudreau is going to haunt my dreams.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:43 PM   #3983
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just popped in the thread since posting earlier...

The small penis syndrome vibes are strong tonight.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 08:53 PM   #3984
Your Calgary Flames!
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
This si pretty much the only topic I've replied to in months, and it's pathetic and embarrassing how badly "Flames Fans" are talking about JG and his departure. Dragging his wife into it, claiming that he deliberately screwed Calgary, and all that garbage, when BT had all the time in the world to sort it out.

So my posts sound antagonistic? Sorry I haven't joined your pity party with all the crybabies that are mad that a grown man made a decision for himself that a bunch of people don't like.

I come across as mad? More like embarrassed. This is Oiler fan level of embarrassing.
I understand you’re passionate about this subject. I am indifferent to the Johnny leaving and why situation. However It may be that your posting style comes off aggressive and that is why it rubs people the wrong way.
Your Calgary Flames! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:05 PM   #3985
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayedreflex View Post
No doubt - if Gross had known that Gaudreau was having second thoughts about re-signing in Calgary, he could have pushed for a sign and trade. It would have had the potential to work out better for all parties involved (better for Gaudreau/Gross to get the 8th year and higher overall contract value, likely better for the team getting Gaudreau as they could probably get a slightly lower cap hit over 8 years vs. 7, better for the Flames in possibly getting some value back in the trade). Given what we saw with the Tkachuk trade, I think Treliving would have been amenable to it if Gaudreau had been up front about wanting to explore his options elsewhere.
The alternate reality where the Flames permit Johnny to explore the market early is really interesting...I think there's a pretty strong chance that Johnny ends up accepting the $84M deal if he knew what the actual alternatives were - though it's also possible that potential bidders come in stronger with a bit more time to play around and not set their UFA sights elsewhere.

If Johnny did stay, I'm not sure the Tkachuk situation plays out the same...it's possible that the Flames initiate the trade moreso than Tkachuk...end result may or may not have been the same
Old 08-15-2022, 09:54 PM   #3986
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Calgary Flames! View Post
I understand you’re passionate about this subject. I am indifferent to the Johnny leaving and why situation. However It may be that your posting style comes off aggressive and that is why it rubs people the wrong way.
Absolutely this

I agree with most of Roger's posts in this thread but the tone is way over the top
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:16 PM   #3987
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, end of the day, Johnny left. It was kind of a heel turn though.

And as fans it is everybody's sworn duty to jeer the heel upon return and henceforth from then onwards in perpetuity.

I dont hate Johnny for leaving. I wanted it to happen if I'm honest with myself. But I do hate Johnny now because he isn't a Flame. So poor Johnny, some random doesn't like him anymore. Boo hoo hoo.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:20 PM   #3988
Caboose
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I think pretty much every post I've seen Roger make has contained multiple personal insults, no matter the topic. It's actually kind of impressive.

Its like wielding your opinion like a baseball bat and just bludgeoning whatever poor soul disagrees with you lol
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:28 PM   #3989
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
I think pretty much every post I've seen Roger make has contained multiple personal insults, no matter the topic. It's actually kind of impressive.

Its like wielding your opinion like a baseball bat and just bludgeoning whatever poor soul disagrees with you lol
It's funny that he is making the most rational argument possible in such an unhinged fit of emotion. Great stuff.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:29 PM   #3990
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
Just popped in the thread since posting earlier...

The small penis syndrome vibes are strong tonight.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
JG did us dirty and is small but leave his penis out of this
Old 08-15-2022, 11:00 PM   #3991
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
So take this fwiw.

I day trade with a guy who plays summer league w Johnny. Went for dinner w him and Tony DeAngelo on the weekend. I was telling him to give Johnny crap about not signing in Calgary, and he said that everybody in his inner circle that plays hockey, has been giving him crap about it.

I think he knows he made a poor hockey decision. But it is what it is.

Anyways, that's all folks
Who cares about Johnny! Is DeAngelo really a deplorable Trump/Fleury lover?? we want to know!
Old 08-15-2022, 11:35 PM   #3992
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Summer CP is always peak entertainment
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:00 AM   #3993
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Posting on a site like this should be fun. There's no need to be so antagonistic. Just have some fun. Your posts come across as angry quite often.
Maybe he's just elevating his hostility to stay ahead of CP posters. By going at 100 at all times he subdues any potential opponents from the outset. Can't get knocked around by the usual suspects if you show up to the party with nukes.

Nobody messes with the cray-cray guy one stiff breeze from flying off the handle.

He does seem a bit emotionally ..close to the Gaudreau situation though. A cousin, perhaps?

Lewis Gross?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:58 AM   #3994
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Pat commented again today on how close he thought Johnny was to signing on the Tuesday. He said he thought it was imminent
which makes sense. When the message is that he wants 8x10.5m and the Flames offer that to a tee, you'd expect it to be imminent and not a late u-turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
meh. Committing to one 29-year-old winger on an 8-year deal is fine, but not sure paying 22m a year to two of them for the next decade would have been a recipe for success.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:14 AM   #3995
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
the revelation that Gaudreau doesn't care about winning...like at all has me over it
Old 08-16-2022, 03:19 AM   #3996
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
the revelation that Gaudreau doesn't care about winning...like at all has me over it
I think Johnny did care about winning. He competed hard in the playoffs this year. That said, he clearly decided there are other things more important to him than winning.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2022, 06:29 AM   #3997
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't spend any time in this particular thread - so I apologize if this is already posted

https://twitter.com/PHILLY_SZN/statu...123200/photo/1

Johnny Signed
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:27 AM   #3998
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

Gaudreau has won championships and every level he’s played at before the NHL. He overcame the odds and worked until he was one of the very best players in the world. To say he doesn’t care about winning is just silly. Especially based off of a quote from a laid back spittin chiclets interview.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:32 AM   #3999
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Gaudreau has won championships and every level he’s played at before the NHL. He overcame the odds and worked until he was one of the very best players in the world. To say he doesn’t care about winning is just silly. Especially based off of a quote from a laid back spittin chiclets interview.
Exhibit A on why playing in Canada can lose its appeal pretty fast.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2022, 09:41 AM   #4000
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is going to be so sweet when we are 50 points ahead of the BJs in the standings.

Great signing! With a not-so-close to home Mickey Mouse org....

Tags
incels outing themselves