Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2022, 12:03 PM   #161
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

The FA is "investigating" the comments made by Tuchel after the match about Anthony Taylor. I'm not sure what there is to investigate, because he just flat-out said those things, but maybe some action will be taken. Surely, the red card for Conte has to be reversed though. I'm not even sure why he got it to begin with.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #162
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both have been charged with improper conduct.

No doubt The Spurs will appeal on the grounds of we're n not really sure why he got the card in the first place.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 12:54 PM   #163
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Soft, you and Barnet both. I do appreciate that he answered my original question, with a detailed thorough effort tho. You kinda did too. Good boys.
Oh come now, you know me, you know I'm just pulling your leg. I enjoy a good United drubbing as much as the next guy.

Consider it liberating! United are rubbish, you acknowledge that, any team with McFred as their engine arent really going anywhere good.

But thats okay! Whenever they're not complete crap its like playing with found money!

I know there is faith in Ten Hag for the 'Great Rebuild' but he hasnt rebuilt anything! He's trotting out largely the same group as last year and hoping they dont suck quite as badly.

So just strap in and enjoy the ride!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #164
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yikes...2 games into the season and our entire midfield is decimated and for CBs we are so depleted we're starting Nat Phillips?

What the hell?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-15-2022, 01:29 PM   #165
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I was out of town for week 1 so this is the first game I’ve watched on Fubo….and the quality is pretty unimpressive. Hopefully they have plans to improve that after winning a contract like this.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:54 PM   #166
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been vocal about Man United's midfield...but really Liverpool could use some re-enforcements there too.

Thiago, Henderson, and Fabinho (dude has to be older than 28) are all starting to seem a little long in the tooth and the injury struggles are starting to show even more because of that. Those guys have VVD playing behind them though, so it's easier than having HARRY MCGUIRE behind you.

Really that's where City are so far beyond any other PL team - De Bruyne, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan, Grealish, Silva, Phillips - honestly all 7 of those guys probably walk into any other PL team's starting midfield.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 08-15-2022 at 02:02 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:17 PM   #167
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Good solid header there for Nunez.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 02:17 PM   #168
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this has just gone from bad to worse.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:17 PM   #169
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Darwin wins the Darwin award
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 02:18 PM   #170
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I've been vocal about Man United's midfield...but really Liverpool could use some re-enforcements there too.

Thiago, Henderson, and Fabinho (dude has to be older than 28) are all starting to seem a little long in the tooth and the injury struggles are starting to show even more because of that. Those guys have VVD playing behind them though, so it's easier than having HARRY MCGUIRE behind you.

Really that's where City are so far beyond any other PL team - De Bruyne, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan, Grealish, Silva, Phillips - honestly all 7 of those guys probably walk into any other PL team's starting midfield.
Liverpool have had a terrible window really. Lost Mane, overpaid for Nunez (who just got sent off lol), haven't strengthened in midfield at all. Could be a struggle for them for top four with a couple injuries.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #171
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Diaz!!

Old 08-15-2022, 02:56 PM   #172
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Klopp gonna start the injury whinging after this game, never too early for him to lay the foundation for the season
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:58 PM   #173
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great result for Liverpool.
Increase their lead over United to two.

Poor Nunez. Misses out on Harry.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #174
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah will be interesting to see.

If United can get a result next week against Liverpool (injuries + Darwin suspension might not make it unlikely), then United will actually be ahead of Liverpool in the table.

Honestly both sides should be calling about Rice and Bellingham (and any other midfielders) to be honest.

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of Spurs center midfield either.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:37 PM   #175
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too early but it does feel like City is a giant step ahead of everyone this season, on paper at least
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:50 PM   #176
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If United can get a result next week against Liverpool (injuries + Darwin suspension might not make it unlikely), then United will actually be ahead of Liverpool in the table.

Honestly both sides should be calling about Rice and Bellingham (and any other midfielders) to be honest.

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of Spurs center midfield either.
I think with Bissouma and Bentancur it's a pretty good midfield. PEH has some good games there as well. And let's not forget about Skipp, as I think he's been great there, just injured for a while now.

Maybe we should send Winks to United or Liverpool to help them strengthen!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:55 PM   #177
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not ideal, but not terrible either.

How do we have so many injuries so early in the season?

And damned Uruguayans and their hot tempers!

Old 08-15-2022, 04:33 PM   #178
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:

Proper relegation six pointer!
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 05:49 PM   #179
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

As everyone's probably aware, it's the 30th anniversary of the Premier League kickoff (first round of fixtures were on 15th Aug 1992). It was coincidentally the real start of my football fandom. I was a Liverpool fan since as far as I can remember but I didn't actually follow football day in, day out. I could name the players and watched the occasional match on TV, but otherwise didn't keep track of them. However, my younger brothers and I were on vacation in Aug 92 and so were allowed to stay up late to watch Match of the Day, and from then on we were hooked - watched every bit of football we could (didn't have Sky until a few years later so listened to the audio commentary on a scrambled screen), bought the magazines, had posters on the wall, read the back pages as soon as the newspaper was delivered, collected stickers, played football every day after school, etc

I look back fondly on the early days when it was still Brits and Irish kicking lumps out of each other on bobbly fields, but with the occasional foreign flair thrown in. Cantona was there already, but then came players like Gullit, Vialli and Klinsmann. These were players I'd watched in World Cups and couldn't believe they'd ever play in the less than glamourous English league. It was a very exciting time to be a teenage fan.

I don't think I'm a fan of where it's ended up. Far too much money in the game. I can remember when Keane went to Utd for a British record £3.75m, then Cole to Utd for £7m, Collymore to Liverpool for £8.5m and then Shearer to Newcastle for £15m. That ridiculous progression only took 4 years and it's obviously ballooned crazily since then. Now you've got average players going for double, triple and quadruple that. It's nonsense that's ultimately going to result in well known clubs going bust as they try to compete.

Anyway, here's the promo video for the launch. So many old familiar faces there, and also many I don't recognise either.

Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 11:12 PM   #180
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
As everyone's probably aware, it's the 30th anniversary of the Premier League kickoff (first round of fixtures were on 15th Aug 1992). It was coincidentally the real start of my football fandom. I was a Liverpool fan since as far as I can remember but I didn't actually follow football day in, day out. I could name the players and watched the occasional match on TV, but otherwise didn't keep track of them. However, my younger brothers and I were on vacation in Aug 92 and so were allowed to stay up late to watch Match of the Day, and from then on we were hooked - watched every bit of football we could (didn't have Sky until a few years later so listened to the audio commentary on a scrambled screen), bought the magazines, had posters on the wall, read the back pages as soon as the newspaper was delivered, collected stickers, played football every day after school, etc

I look back fondly on the early days when it was still Brits and Irish kicking lumps out of each other on bobbly fields, but with the occasional foreign flair thrown in. Cantona was there already, but then came players like Gullit, Vialli and Klinsmann. These were players I'd watched in World Cups and couldn't believe they'd ever play in the less than glamourous English league. It was a very exciting time to be a teenage fan.

I don't think I'm a fan of where it's ended up. Far too much money in the game. I can remember when Keane went to Utd for a British record £3.75m, then Cole to Utd for £7m, Collymore to Liverpool for £8.5m and then Shearer to Newcastle for £15m. That ridiculous progression only took 4 years and it's obviously ballooned crazily since then. Now you've got average players going for double, triple and quadruple that. It's nonsense that's ultimately going to result in well known clubs going bust as they try to compete.

Anyway, here's the promo video for the launch. So many old familiar faces there, and also many I don't recognise either.

It's so ridiculous seeing Vinnie Jones in there. Painfully sub-par actor, and a worse footballer.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote