Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2022, 12:29 PM   #4581
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Then there was the time this ####### choked a woman in Iceland to near unconsciousness.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-Berlin.html

It's amazing to see WB trash projects left & right, give Ray Fisher the boot for calling out their terrible working conditions, yet fall over themselves time and time again trying to do damage control for Miller and sort out his crap without shelving The Flash.
Ughhh....I hate to actually defend this wack job, but where does it say anything about "near unconsciousness". There's a full retelling of the incident and an actual video.

The woman confronts Miller asking Miller if they want to fight and gets right in Miller's face. Miller grabs the woman by the neck and lays her onto the ground. Then it's broken up. No on was actually hurt and no charges were laid.

The woman is also smiling through incident. It looks like a fan jokingly confronting someone who is unstable.

Miller definitely needs help.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #4582
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Funny how quick the internet can twist stories, even a title, that someone reads then passes along without any context or proof, and we all just accept it.

I am not calling anyone out here, I am guilty of this as well. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to slow down when I see or hear something 'exciting' and think of the context it is being delivered in, where the proof comes from, etc..

I am not saying that Miller is a normal dude and the media has it 100% wrong, but in my experience there is usually your side, my side and somewhere in the middle, the truth...
Old 08-13-2022, 02:16 PM   #4583
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Funny how quick the internet can twist stories, even a title, that someone reads then passes along without any context or proof, and we all just accept it.

I am not calling anyone out here, I am guilty of this as well. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to slow down when I see or hear something 'exciting' and think of the context it is being delivered in, where the proof comes from, etc..

I am not saying that Miller is a normal dude and the media has it 100% wrong, but in my experience there is usually your side, my side and somewhere in the middle, the truth...
In my experience, that’s not the case and the truth has nothing to do with sides. Sometimes one side is the truth and the other side only has a lying PR team.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2022, 07:01 AM   #4584
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Ughhh....I hate to actually defend this wack job, but where does it say anything about "near unconsciousness". There's a full retelling of the incident and an actual video.

The woman confronts Miller asking Miller if they want to fight and gets right in Miller's face. Miller grabs the woman by the neck and lays her onto the ground. Then it's broken up. No on was actually hurt and no charges were laid.

The woman is also smiling through incident. It looks like a fan jokingly confronting someone who is unstable.

Miller definitely needs help.
There's a full re-telling in that article definitely sounds pretty extreme and wasn't the first time he was kicked out for assaulting people there. The video doesn't show what happened after Miller took her down, the story says he continued to choke her and scream in her face while spitting in the face of people trying to pull him off. I'm thinking the only reason charges weren't pressed because A)The woman was joking around about fighting him and B)It's Iceland, where people don't sue everyone.

Whatever Miller is or needs, they're an a-hole by all accounts.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:20 PM   #4585
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So She Hulk was good. I thought anyway. Pretty entertaining first episode. It feels a lot different from the other shows but at the same time familiar to the genre.

The Ruffalo cameo is great, lots of good stuff there. Also nice to see a local actress doing so well.

The CGI doesn't feel as bad as it did in the trailer.. but maybe I am just used to it already.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:31 PM   #4586
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
So She Hulk was good. I thought anyway. Pretty entertaining first episode. It feels a lot different from the other shows but at the same time familiar to the genre.

The Ruffalo cameo is great, lots of good stuff there. Also nice to see a local actress doing so well.

The CGI doesn't feel as bad as it did in the trailer.. but maybe I am just used to it already.
I gotta say...I really enjoyed Episode 1. I thought it was pretty good, and I like the main character.

We'll have to see if she can stand on her own without Ruffalo, but I think she's got the chops.

But its got a 5.8 on IMDB? Are these people high? That was a fun half-hour of TV!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:36 PM   #4587
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Talking about what it's like being a woman brings out the downvoters I guess.

Was lots of fun, turns out the uncanny valley is a great place to visit.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:59 PM   #4588
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Strong start.

Did everyone catch the after credits?

Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:27 PM   #4589
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Netflix has added a bonus episode of The Sandman.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1560522204298809345
Old 08-19-2022, 01:23 PM   #4590
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

Honestly, more shows could benefit from breaking out filler stories into "bonus" content rather than interrupting the flow of the primary plotlines.

Graphic novel/comic adaptations especially, since authors like Gaiman love to shoehorn a cool idea they had into a random issue here and there that would otherwise feel out of place in a continuous series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2022, 03:59 AM   #4591
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

A fun little bonus on She Hulk: After she walks into the bar, there's a poster on the wall with a QR code on it. If you pause it and scan the QR code, it takes you to a page where you can read the first issue of The Savage She-Hulk from 1980.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #4592
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Sandman was excellent
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #4593
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently there is a bonus 11th episode out of The Sandman, I'm going to check it out today.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:26 PM   #4594
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

WB is such a mess right now, Aquaman and Shazam 2 both getting pushed back again .....DC needs to spin off into it's own studio

https://twitter.com/user/status/1562554079829958663
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 06:49 AM   #4595
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The rumour is WB doesn't have (or doesn't want to spend) the money to release more than 3 films for the rest of the year. They've lost 50% of the value of their shares since the beginning of the year and lost $3.4 billion in Q2.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:45 AM   #4596
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is what happens when a TV guy who only produces ####ty reality television takes over a movie studio. How do they not have any money when The Batman just cleared $750 mill WW.

I also heard WB is having funeral showings of Batgirl on the lot this week before putting the film in a vault forever. Because they wrote it off, they are not allowed to make any money on it ever. Just a total #### show, DC fans deserve better.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:14 AM   #4597
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

Yes!!!

I was wondering how they would deal with the cat episode. This is awesome!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:25 AM   #4598
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
This is what happens when a TV guy who only produces ####ty reality television takes over a movie studio. How do they not have any money when The Batman just cleared $750 mill WW.

I also heard WB is having funeral showings of Batgirl on the lot this week before putting the film in a vault forever. Because they wrote it off, they are not allowed to make any money on it ever. Just a total #### show, DC fans deserve better.
I have never heard of this happening before so I think this is hilarious.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:29 AM   #4599
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:

I hope we get an "accidental" leak to torrent sites before it's gone forever.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:35 AM   #4600
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I heard that if they actually destroy the footage, and can PROVE that they did, they get an even bigger writeoff, so that option is on the table, too.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: