Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2022, 11:07 PM   #2681
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
...k, what?

Who the #### have I defended? And in what way is MH defending anything?
Pretty sure it was a “hammer” joke. Monahammer, MC Hammer, Sledgehammer.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:12 PM   #2682
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
lmao, that's great.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 01:37 AM   #2683
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
That video makes him look incredibly trashy, but if he was telling the women outright that's what he wanted to do (as is seemingly outlined in that clip) prior to doing it, at what point is it abuse? Is there evidence he was going beyond what he said or extorting women to take part in his fantasies?

Not condoning his seemingly psychotic level of sexual violence at all, but at what point does a kink that's shared up front transition to an act of abuse I guess... typing this out I feel like this would be obvious in the moment so why would I even ask lol
The video is pretty terrible, leaning heavily on shock value of kink.

That said, it's no secret that there's abusive people in kink communities who either can't or don't want to understand the proper meaning of consent.

You can get away with a lot of horrible stuff in kink, if you're clever.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:23 AM   #2684
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Former iCarly actress was offered $300k in hush money from nickelodeon:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jennet...oir?ref=scroll

Quote:
“What the ####?” McCurdy writes. “Nickelodeon is offering me three hundred thousand dollars in hush money to not talk publicly about my experience on the show? My personal experience of The Creator’s abuse? This is a network with shows made for children. Shouldn’t they have some sort of moral compass? Shouldn’t they at least try to report to some sort of ethical standard?”

"The Creator" she's referring to is most likely Nick Schneider , famous for being a pedo that was a creative cornerstone at Nickelodeon and was constantly protected by the company ( it could be someone else, nickelodeon is well known for housing pedos).

Quote:
“The Creator’s” alleged inappropriate behavior, including massaging her at work, photographing her in a bikini, and pressuring her to drink while underage. As she describes being offered the alcohol, McCurdy writes, “The Creator is doing the thing that I’ve heard from my co-stars he does with every new star of a show that he’s making—he takes you under his wing. You’re his favorite.”

Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:52 AM   #2685
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
Woosh...hypersensitive much eh
Old 08-11-2022, 11:09 AM   #2686
Hi-Psi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm just curious, do you think the public would be as quick to judge if EVERYONE's text messages were public for the world to see. While hardcore kink might not be my thing, I've sent some pretty entertaining sexual text messages to girlfriends in my day and I'm sure they would look bad too if they were just posted with no context or understanding of our relationship.

Not trying to take anything away from any potential victims here, I'm just not quick to judge someone by a reported hyper sexual text message. That being said, consent can be withdrawn at any time and if the women withdrew consent during the act, he should hang.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:05 PM   #2687
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm sure the documentary goes deeper than the brief trailer we got to see.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 01:43 PM   #2688
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Arcade Fire’s Win Butler Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Multiple Women; Frontman Responds

https://pitchfork.com/news/arcade-fi...tman-responds/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 08:51 AM   #2689
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Win’s response does not excuse really ugly behaviours. I suppose this will be just the tip of that iceberg.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 05:49 PM   #2690
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

This could be the end of the band. I feel bad for the other members.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...lash-1.6567233

Leslie Feist is opening for them on tour and is donating merch proceeds to domestic violence organizations.

https://pitchfork.com/news/feist-ope...-organization/
Old 08-30-2022, 06:33 PM   #2691
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Several radio stations across North America have begun removing Arcade Fire's discography from their lineups following recent allegations of sexual misconduct made against the Canadian band's frontman, Win Butler.
Ok, are they also going to pull Bowie, Page, and Michael Jackson?

It is a tough question, separating artists from their art.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #2692
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Good point. I don't remember radio stations banning artists like this after sexual allegations.

I can still enjoy the artists you mentioned, but it's easier when their actions were so long ago.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:00 PM   #2693
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I find it shocking that rockstars in their 30s are having sex with young women. Shocking I say!

Unless I missed something in the article it just sounds like he had consensual sex with these women? What am I missing?
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:44 PM   #2694
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Ok, are they also going to pull Bowie, Page, and Michael Jackson?

It is a tough question, separating artists from their art.
I just found out recently that Steven Tyler adopted a 16 year old girl and had a sexual relationship with her for 3 years while he was her legal guardian. Like WTF.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:24 PM   #2695
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I just found out recently that Steven Tyler adopted a 16 year old girl and had a sexual relationship with her for 3 years while he was her legal guardian. Like WTF.
I heard she was 14. Pretty ####ed up either way.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:34 PM   #2696
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
I find it shocking that rockstars in their 30s are having sex with young women. Shocking I say!

Unless I missed something in the article it just sounds like he had consensual sex with these women? What am I missing?
This?

Quote:
On July 21, 2020, Stella made a post on her Instagram Story that mentioned Butler by name. “I want to share one of my stories that I’ve kept secret for so long,” she wrote. “Sexual predator—from when I was an 18-year-old fan girl, he would constantly try to coerce me into sexual encounters and sending nude photos of myself and sending unsolicited nude pictures of himself after I repeatedly told him I was not interested.”

Another woman, unconnected to the others, described an in-person sexual interaction with Butler that she felt blurred the lines of consent due to the power dynamic between them. A friend of hers recalled seeing Butler’s nude images on the woman’s phone. ”It’s this really complicated thing,” the woman said in an interview with Pitchfork. “Yes, it was consensual, but also, there’s a side to it that was almost like, I couldn’t say no.”
Old 08-30-2022, 11:52 PM   #2697
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
This?
Pervy? Yes. Should Butler change his ways.? For sure. But what is the crime here?

The second women in your quote sounds ridiculous IMO. When a "famous" person is involved in a sexual relationship I guess there is always a "power dynamic" but I'm not sure how Butler used that. It's not like he was saying he'd give her tickets for sex. I think in cases like this the woman needs to take some responsibilities for her actions as well.

“Yes, it was consensual, but also, there’s a side to it that was almost like, I couldn’t say no.” How so? Because he was famous and that interested her? I don't even understand what she means here.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2022, 01:15 AM   #2698
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Pervy? Yes. Should Butler change his ways.? For sure. But what is the crime here?

The second women in your quote sounds ridiculous IMO. When a "famous" person is involved in a sexual relationship I guess there is always a "power dynamic" but I'm not sure how Butler used that. It's not like he was saying he'd give her tickets for sex. I think in cases like this the woman needs to take some responsibilities for her actions as well.

“Yes, it was consensual, but also, there’s a side to it that was almost like, I couldn’t say no.” How so? Because he was famous and that interested her? I don't even understand what she means here.
Unethical? Yes, married rock star in his 30s chasing tail from late teen / early 20 something fans and using his celebrity as an advantage in said pursuit. Illegal / assault? No.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:01 PM   #2699
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feist has now pulled out of the Arcade Fire tour after 2 shows in response:

Quote:
Polaris-winning musician Leslie Feist, who was performing as opening act for the band Arcade Fire in Dublin, has quit the tour.

The musician made the announcement in an Instagram post on Wednesday, citing allegations of sexual misconduct against Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler as the reason for her departure.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...tour-1.6569702

Apparently Will Butler (Win's brother who quit Arcade Fire earlier this year) also liked the Instagram post where Feist announced that she was leaving the tour.

Can't say I'm too surprised at all this. I know people who are friends/acquaintances with some of the members of Arcade Fire and some of their crew, and I've literally never heard a good thing about Win Butler.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #2700
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

So is this 'Loss Butler' now?

No, no, thats alright, I can see myself out...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote