Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #21
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m not sure I love this characterisation of Boba, as I don’t think he’s earned the shift in character from the OT to now. That arc from ruthless bounty hunter to kind hearted ruler hasn’t been developed properly imo.

I’m also not confident that Temuera Morrison has the chops to carry the show. Disney really gambled here on the quality of their lead roles.

Its not a failure but it’s a solid 6/10 for a start for me.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #22
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
I’m not sure I love this characterisation of Boba, as I don’t think he’s earned the shift in character from the OT to now. That arc from ruthless bounty hunter to kind hearted ruler hasn’t been developed properly imo.

I’m also not confident that Temuera Morrison has the chops to carry the show. Disney really gambled here on the quality of their lead roles.

Its not a failure but it’s a solid 6/10 for a start for me.
Yeah, Boba to me is a mysterious and ruthless hunter not a Hero. I hope he snaps and gets serious.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #23
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I did notice the fight scenes, particularly the downtown one, felt a little half-assed or off. I think it was mostly bad choreography, and then choppy editing trying to cover for it.

Especially coming from starting our re-watch of Daredevil S1 the night before which has some incredible fight scenes.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:15 AM   #24
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
He disintegrated a ninja who was fleeing with a wrist rocket, that seems to be pretty vicious. Of course Frennic flat out murdered a dude.

I think we'll see a vindictive Boba once he figured out who put on the hit.

I barely recognized Jennifer Beals under all of that makeup.

I like that the show kind of had that whole Western feel to it as well.
Like I said small nit to pick, I just wanted him to look cold and mean while beating them up, not looking like a reluctant fighter, trying to survive the fight for most of it. It would have gone to establishing him as a intimidating figure that needs to be shown deference or needs to be challenged by the other crime lords. Overall good episode I just want to see why we expect gangsters to bow down to Boba.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:47 PM   #25
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That's fair, I expect at some point, Boba is going to end up fighting Crimson Dawn, and we'll see the ruthless bounty hunter emerge.

At least its better then the early EU. I mean in Dark Empire, he literally spent all his time getting the crap kicked out of him, including mis using a rocket pack and smashing his head into a ceiling causing a coma.

In one of the Omnibus, Lando froze him in Carbonite and made him into a desk. He really didn't start getting any dues until the Tales from the Bounty Hunters series. Then they over powered him after that.

Disney likes a good redemption or explanation of why someone is a bad guy. You look at Cruella, Maleficent, they took great villains and made them at the very most shades of Grey.

They tried to reform Boba from a 1 dimensional evil bounty hunter into a honor bound bounty hunter who a good streak in him. I'm ok with it, but at some point we have to see the ruthless bounty hunter emerge to keep him interesting.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 PM   #26
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Yeah, I did notice the fight scenes, particularly the downtown one, felt a little half-assed or off. I think it was mostly bad choreography, and then choppy editing trying to cover for it.

Especially coming from starting our re-watch of Daredevil S1 the night before which has some incredible fight scenes.

I firmly believe that we got spoiled by the Star Wars animated series. I mean no lightsaber fight will ever compare to the last Maul vs Ashoka battle.

Same with seeing Clone Troopers in action.

Even some of the bounty hunters stuff like Cade Bane were awesome fights.

Old 12-30-2021, 10:31 PM   #27
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
i haven't watched the episode yet - but as for the storm trooper... doesn't c3po say in return of the jedi that you are slowly digested over a thousand years in the sarlacc pit... so the storm trooper could have been there a while

i can't wait to watch the episode - i LOVE boba fett! i even made myself a bobafett hockey jersey years ago...

Spoiler!

I love that jersey man.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #28
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Temuera Morrison is dope. He's a good Boba.

Fennec annoys me deeply. There's hardened bad ass but there's nothing about her characters personality that is likeable.

Fett having a more fun sidekick would go a long way. That's just me though.

I'm looking forward to some more callbacks and the guaranteed cameos and crossovers that are to come.

I love the classic droids and the orc minions. Good to see they're more useful than they were in ROTJ.

I wish the bar aliens were playing the saxes like in ANH. But I suppose they want to separate this series a bit. That was some classic tatooine lounge/dugout vibes though.

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-02-2022 at 02:39 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 05:48 PM   #29
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Patton nailed it.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1476370659521478657
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2022, 08:00 PM   #30
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post

I get slightly annoyed by the use of the word predicted. Patton improvised that whole thing and it’s absolutely epic in the full take he did, but that’s clearly an homage to Patton, not a prediction.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:06 AM   #31
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Black Krrsantan is here!

I nerded out pretty hard when they had that reveal. Can't wait to see him and Boba throw down... and then... well do we talk about Comic spoilers in here? Does it matter?

I wasn't sure what to expect from this show, or how much I would even enjoy it. But it is a lot of fun, like a lot of fun, to watch. Very satisfied with that episode.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #32
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Way better episode then the first one which I still liked.

Do not read this spoiler unless you want to squeel, but it is a major spoiler, so don't read it or do, its up to you

Spoiler!

Old 01-05-2022, 02:31 PM   #33
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love that Matt Berry is the voice of the droid.

That man is a treasure. I would watch a droid 'Buddy Cop' show with Matt Berry as one droid and Alan Tudyk as the other just getting into assorted mischief but managing to save the day.

The new Dynamic Duo after R2 and C3P0.

Come on House of Mouse! Make it happen!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:52 PM   #34
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay I'm finally going to ask a question which has plagued my mind since the first Star Wars.

Are Sandpeople wearing some sort of mask, or is that their faces? I've always thought it was a mask to filter the sand and sun, but then they never seem to take it off. Kinda was hoping to finally see what a Sandperson looks like here.

Awesome episode. A favorite among this and The Mandalorian.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #35
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
Yeah, Boba to me is a mysterious and ruthless hunter not a Hero. I hope he snaps and gets serious.
He's a crime lord, like Jabba the Hut. how does that make him a hero?
Old 01-05-2022, 02:57 PM   #36
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are no heroes. Just people making their way through the Galaxy.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #37
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Okay I'm finally going to ask a question which has plagued my mind since the first Star Wars.

Are Sandpeople wearing some sort of mask, or is that their faces? I've always thought it was a mask to filter the sand and sun, but then they never seem to take it off. Kinda was hoping to finally see what a Sandperson looks like here.

Awesome episode. A favorite among this and The Mandalorian.

They're masked, we finally got a hard look at their culture in the Obi Wan Kenobi book which is in Canon.

The Tusken's aren't a species per say, they're desert nomads. You could almost say they're multispecies, as they will snatch people or find people wandering the desert and bring them into the tribe. They're wrapped head to toes in bandages because of moisture retention and cooling and they wear masks with filters. But they could be any species underneath.

The book covers the fairly gruesome binding ceremony. But its thought that most of the Tusken's are humans. Also while they've split off the sex in terms of the robes they're wearing. in the book, the leader of the tribe was wrapped like most other Tusken's that we see except the leader was female. For the most part the Tusken's that we usually saw before ROTS are more warriors.

Also I think we've only seen one Sand person unmasked and that was Darth Krayt who was originally a Tusken with his father before he became a Jedi. Then he returned after order 66 to become a leader.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 07:11 PM   #38
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Fun episode. Cool look into more of the Tusken culture, the tribal dance was neat, and the psychedelic lizard was hilarious and the whole thing helps to humanize the Tusken people.

That one Tusken is a terror in a fight, I think it's a woman? But pretty awesome how easily she tore through that one train car.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duruss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 07:33 PM   #39
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I like the Raiders.

I just don't think I'm interested enough in them to have 3/4 of that episode devoted to deepening their story and lore.

It was fun though. Better than episode 1. And i'd say it added something to Boba's journey to overtaking Fett's throne.

I do like that they told him that there are different tribes and some make their way by killing.

Helps to maintain their savage image from ANH.

Its clear that his training/experience with the sand people will play into the present story somehow.

That opening bit was crazy though. I forgot how much I loved to hate those slugs.

Spoiler!

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-05-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:23 PM   #40
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Way better episode then the first one which I still liked.

Do not read this spoiler unless you want to squeel, but it is a major spoiler, so don't read it or do, its up to you

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-05-2022 at 08:26 PM.