Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-17-2022, 12:20 PM   #4901
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

That seems impossible. I couldn't finish the last battle on the roof as I lacked the microsecond twitch to pull off the dodge and counter moves. He makes it look easy but it's incredibly difficult. I don't understand how he could do it blindfolded.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:58 PM   #4902
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Really liked Sekiro but it didn’t have the replayability of Bloodborne. It was a lot of fun at the time and I think I gave it a couple play throughs but after a while it got stale. No different weapons and I never quite loved the arm attachments. Tenchu Souls was a good idea though I’m glad they did it.

Now Bloodborne has quietly become my favourite game ever. If you didn’t get the Old Hunters DLC do that immediately and play it. Retry a play through with a different build or a new weapon. I’ll argue to death that the threaded cane is the greatest PvE weapon that exists, it’s so good it almost makes the game pointlessly easy.
Ludwig's Holy Blade felt like a cheat code for me. The 2H mode staggers everyone so easily. I definitely want to try another build out - really hoping they do a 60 FPS patch for PS5.

I was against Soulsborne games for the longest time, until December when I gave Demon Soul's another go and it just clicked.

Since then, I've beaten Demon Soul's, DS1:R, Bloodborne, and am probably 75-80% through Dark Souls 3 if I was guessing?
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #4903
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I loved that and felt the same way til doing a skill build to max out viscerals. Threaded cane or church pick are filthy. I don’t get the love for rakuyo, felt slow and short reach for the DPS it provided.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:11 PM   #4904
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bloodborne is a masterpiece and I loved everything about it. The lore, the combat, and the styling are all amazing and I would 100% replay on the PS5 if there was a remaster. Not even Demon's souls or Dark souls got my heart pumping like a lot of the bosses in Bloodborne. I basically cheered out loud when I beat Vicar Amelia and then had to take a break because my heart rate was so elevated.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:32 PM   #4905
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Ok, so, I'm pretty addicted to these soulsborne games right now. Over the last few months I've completed Demon's Souls remake, Bloodborne, and now Dark Souls 3. I really enjoyed these games much more than I ever thought I would. Then I installed Sekiro this weekend . . .

I'm not sure if I'm just not used to it yet or what, but I'm finding this game significantly harder than any of these other ones. I can't get my deflect timings right at all and the attack windows are unforgiving. It's beautiful and I love the design but man oh man, I'm not sure I can do this one. The first miniboss has destroyed me at least 20 times so far.

I haven't played Dark Souls/Bloodborne etc but I have played through my fair share of difficult games like Ninja Gaiden, Nioh 2 and Sekiro. I struggled with Sekiro only because I failed to read. I kept eating thrust attacks because I thought the mikiri counter only required you to press dodge but you actually have to dodge into the attack. Once I figured that out I found the game very manageable. I think only couple of bosses gave me a tough time and I beat most in one to two tries.

I actually find the parry window to be quite generous and you can sort of spam it too.

This youtube channel helped me out when I hit a wall early on. Some possible spoilers but his combat tips are right at the start.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 01-17-2022 at 06:41 PM.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:33 AM   #4906
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Bloodborne is a masterpiece and I loved everything about it. The lore, the combat, and the styling are all amazing and I would 100% replay on the PS5 if there was a remaster. Not even Demon's souls or Dark souls got my heart pumping like a lot of the bosses in Bloodborne. I basically cheered out loud when I beat Vicar Amelia and then had to take a break because my heart rate was so elevated.
Watch The Happy Hob on twitch or youtube. Completed the god run of all souls games in a row all no hit runs (Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls, Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls) then did god run 2 and added Seikiro to that.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #4907
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Microsoft to Buy Activision Blizzard in Mega-Deal Worth $68.7 Billion

https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...rd-1235156048/

Quote:
Microsoft announced a deal to buy video-game player Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion in cash. If it goes through, it would be Microsoft’s biggest-ever acquisition — and by far the biggest deal ever in the video game biz — as well as the largest tech deal to date.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:40 AM   #4908
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

EDIT: Nevermind, covered in a different thread
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:08 PM   #4909
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

i wasn't a From Software guy initally tbh... tried the original DS and kept getting my ass kicked.

when I first saw the Bloodborne, trailer, I was mesmerized, and knew that I had to pick that up and try to figure out how to play it properly... Luckily there were a ton of videos online that helped me to understand the combat and what i was doing wrong.

Love Bloodborne and it remains one of my favorite gaming experiences... played DS1+3, working my way through 2 right now.... haven't play Sekiro yet, but will at some point.

From Software is amazing.... lots of rumors of a Bloodborne remaster/remake and/or sequel, so I am really hoping they do that....Even don't mind if Bluepoint does the remake... though I would prefer From be involved in any Bloodborne sequel

in light of MS's news today, I think Sony needs to provide some kind of response... Luckily I am not a COD fan, so today's news doesn't bother me as much as the acquisition of Bethesda did, as I was a fan of Fallout and Skyrim.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:49 PM   #4910
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

When I still had my PlayStation3, I used it pretty sparingly when I owned it (MGS 4, Killzone 3 were my favorites) as most of the stuff I enjoyed playing were available on Xbox 360 and all my friends have Xbox consoles. I'm looking for a list of PlayStation 3 games (exclusives) that people would highly recommend checking out.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:13 PM   #4911
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
When I still had my PlayStation3, I used it pretty sparingly when I owned it (MGS 4, Killzone 3 were my favorites) as most of the stuff I enjoyed playing were available on Xbox 360 and all my friends have Xbox consoles. I'm looking for a list of PlayStation 3 games (exclusives) that people would highly recommend checking out.
Last of Us is obvious, though you're better off playing the PS4 remaster if you have access to it. Same goes with the Uncharted series and God of War 3. The only PS3 exclusives I can think of that are top tier and not available on PS4/5 are Infamous 1 and 2, if you've never played those then I highly recommend them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2022, 06:18 PM   #4912
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Uncharted 1-3 are on my list, already started playing Drake's Fortune this evening.
TLoU, I'll play the remaster.
God of War 3, I'll add to the list.

I loved Infamous 1, Infamous 2 I'll put on the list.

I'm also revisiting Spider-Man - Shattered Dimensions. I really liked that game.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:22 AM   #4913
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horizon Regalla Edition Available:

https://www.gamestop.ca/PS5/Games/88...egalla-edition

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:06 AM   #4914
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Horizon Regalla Edition Available:

https://www.gamestop.ca/PS5/Games/88...egalla-edition

Imagine having the room to showcase all of these, would be cool but otherwise almost useless for most.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:13 PM   #4915
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've made it a bit further in Sekiro now and it's clicking a teeny bit more. I think I've taken down 3 minibosses and am able to navigate areas a bit more easily. I also have got some skills and gourd seeds that are definitely helping. I really love jumping off a super tall pagoda and assassinating an enemy. That probably won't ever get old.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 01:23 PM   #4916
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Dang it youre gonna make me reinstall Sekiro aren’t you.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 01:52 PM   #4917
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
i wasn't a From Software guy initally tbh... tried the original DS and kept getting my ass kicked.

when I first saw the Bloodborne, trailer, I was mesmerized, and knew that I had to pick that up and try to figure out how to play it properly... Luckily there were a ton of videos online that helped me to understand the combat and what i was doing wrong.

Love Bloodborne and it remains one of my favorite gaming experiences... played DS1+3, working my way through 2 right now.... haven't play Sekiro yet, but will at some point.

From Software is amazing.... lots of rumors of a Bloodborne remaster/remake and/or sequel, so I am really hoping they do that....Even don't mind if Bluepoint does the remake... though I would prefer From be involved in any Bloodborne sequel

in light of MS's news today, I think Sony needs to provide some kind of response... Luckily I am not a COD fan, so today's news doesn't bother me as much as the acquisition of Bethesda did, as I was a fan of Fallout and Skyrim.
DS series I felt was a bit turtle/timing.

Bloodborne was offense/timing.

Sekiro like Bloodborne I felt was also offense/timing, but the aggressiveness that Sekiro demands for success is next level vs the previous two series.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #4918
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 06:05 PM   #4919
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Uncharted 1-3 are on my list, already started playing Drake's Fortune this evening.
TLoU, I'll play the remaster.
God of War 3, I'll add to the list.

I loved Infamous 1, Infamous 2 I'll put on the list.

I'm also revisiting Spider-Man - Shattered Dimensions. I really liked that game.
Resistance 3 might also be a PS3 exclusive worth trying out
Can't recall if it was an exclusive, but Portal 2 was also a great game back in the day
Old 01-20-2022, 06:07 PM   #4920
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
DS series I felt was a bit turtle/timing.

Bloodborne was offense/timing.

Sekiro like Bloodborne I felt was also offense/timing, but the aggressiveness that Sekiro demands for success is next level vs the previous two series.
yeah. I think those are accurate descriptions of the game play.

the, admittedly, opaque storylines were something that really worked for me for whatever reason. The game design (levels, monsters, atmosphere) are second to none imo.

Sekiro is definitely something I want to get to...