Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #441
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Matt, Raven, Elena, Kevin would vote for Paul > Josh > Christmas

Cody hates Josh, respects Paul's game. Would vote Paul > Christmas > Josh

Alex, Jason, Mark, I don't know. They're not particularly fond of Christmas (Mark hates her) and loved Paul before but are pretty bitter now, especially Alex. I think they'd all vote Paul or Josh over Christmas but I'm not sure where the votes would fall between Paul and Josh

Paul and Josh would vote for each other
Christmas would vote for Paul
Old 09-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #442
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
So what's the deal with Paul and Christmas? According to the last episode it sounds like she's falling for him but according to Paul she's just cool. Does he still have a girlfriend outside of the house? He's never been one to really flirt with the females over two seasons.
Paul does have a GF but she didn't sign a release so he can't talk about her on the show or the feeds. They haven't been dating too long apparently.

Christmas is in love with him and will lose the game because of it (if she wins final HOH).
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #443
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

If Josh had any ability to effectively communicate I think he could make a run against Paul in the final two. If he highlights how his game was mostly straight up, he didn't lie, if you were his target he told you. He got blood on his hands and did the dirty work to throw people off their game. He was in a final 3 alliance with Paul and Christmas, she was the sympathy and (mostly) friendly partner and Paul was the social aspect who was supposed to lie to everyone to make them feel comfortable. But in the end all of the "hard work" was done by him and Christmas while Paul just sat around and didn't want to do the bloody work.

It might now work for all the jury, but highlighting the lying and double talk that Paul was involved in and downplaying his "mastermind" and instead focused the plans coming from "the team" it might really spoil Pauls image.

Would it be enough against Paul? I don't know, but a proper speech could definitely complete the picture of Paul being the snake that he was and swing a few votes.

In the end though we all know Josh will just turn into a blubbering mess.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #444
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Both could make compelling cases against Paul, but they could also easily lose it.

Josh could argue he did Paul's dirty work especially with his pots and pans antics. But he could get emotional and fly off the handle when speaking.

Christmas could argue she made it quite far without the use of her leg while remaining off the block. But could also let her emotions towards Paul cloud her judgment.

They both need to stick to the facts and how they played a cleaner game than Paul
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #445
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to admit Cody ended up as the most entertaining person of the season despite being evicted weeks ago. That camera shot of him in the middle of the couch smiling while the people around him argued was priceless. I do think he would vote for Paul because he respects that Paul has been running the house since day one.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #446
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looking forward to seeing the looks on their faces when Cody wins AFP
Calgary14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #447
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read that only people who have CBS all access can actually vote, not sure if thats true but it makes me think he wont stand a chance as he wont be popular with people that watched feeds

my guess is Kevin, which would be great to see the others reaction to it, especially Alex, Cody would be good for that too

Looking most forward to after the Jury votes and they show stuff to the cast, I hope they focus on it so much more this year.

Dont think Paul will like that he's thought of as a Villain, since he cares so much about his brand

Alex not being popular when she thinks she's a lock for AFP

Raven and her belief that she was a 'puppet master'
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #448
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

My understanding is that voting was restricted to All Access members for a while but is now public.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #449
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

You just need to log into cbs.com. I used google+.

+20 for Cameron
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #450
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #451
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

I'm cheering for Paul tonight just because he ran the season and him not winning would be worse than Russell not winning Survivor Samoa
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #452
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
I'm cheering for Paul tonight just because he ran the season and him not winning would be worse than Russell not winning Survivor Samoa
I like a good ol bitter Jury.

Personally:

Josh can't win.

Paul only wins if against Josh.

Christmas wins if she makes final 2.

Those are my guesses.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #453
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I like a good ol bitter Jury.

Personally:

Josh can't win.

Paul only wins if against Josh.

Christmas wins if she makes final 2.

Those are my guesses.
I agree, those are my predictions as well. Which I'm not a fan of as Christmas hasn't really done much in the game.
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #454
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, jury is just going to vote for whoever Raven wants them to. She is the puppetmaster afterall.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #455
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Even though Paul should win, it might be worth him losing just to see his reaction. Plus the reaction of the other HGs when they don't win AFP and Cody or Kevin does, specifically Alex.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #456
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Paul played the best game, but didn't own it, and that might be his downfall.

Alex seemed to respect it as just a game, but Jason was pissed. I think, the good news for Paul is that Alex will have time to talk him down. But the fact that Paul was still treating them like idiots when they were walking out the door was a good way to leave sour grapes. Why lie in his good bye messages when they will be talking to the rest of the jury? He can't really complain about bitter jury if he's creating that bitter jury. That's a mistake that potentially should cost him the win.

I think instead of his "Oh my God, I can't believe someone betrayed you! Couldn't have been me, also don't talk to anyone in jury though." If he would have been like "I'm really sorry, I had to do what was best for my game and that unfortunately meant going after you, I hope you can understand it was just a game" he's not treating the jury like idiots, he's owning his game and at least they might respect that. But even as stupid as these players were, no one likes to be treated like an idiot.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #457
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Paul played the best game, but didn't own it, and that might be his downfall.

Alex seemed to respect it as just a game, but Jason was pissed. I think, the good news for Paul is that Alex will have time to talk him down. But the fact that Paul was still treating them like idiots when they were walking out the door was a good way to leave sour grapes. Why lie in his good bye messages when they will be talking to the rest of the jury? He can't really complain about bitter jury if he's creating that bitter jury. That's a mistake that potentially should cost him the win.

I think instead of his "Oh my God, I can't believe someone betrayed you! Couldn't have been me, also don't talk to anyone in jury though." If he would have been like "I'm really sorry, I had to do what was best for my game and that unfortunately meant going after you, I hope you can understand it was just a game" he's not treating the jury like idiots, he's owning his game and at least they might respect that. But even as stupid as these players were, no one likes to be treated like an idiot.
Exactly.

Was he the all powerful mastermind that played everyone?

Or was he just a pawn/dupe of Christmas and Josh, having no control in his own game and had to watch his "closest allies" get blindsided.

His good-byes point to option 2, even if he really was option 1.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #458
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't watched feeds or the show for a while. Tuning into the finale now, and Josh has definitely lost significant weight since entering the house. Looks good on him.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #459
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The jury round table is hilarious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #460
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raven and Matt still Paul lackeys, no surprise there