Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #521
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
All-Star Game appearances don't really mean anything, to be honest.
True, but that doesn't take away from Elliott's resume. Treliving went out and acquired a goalie who'd led his team to the Conference Finals, and who'd won the Jennings Trophy in the past. The failure of Elliott to live up to his pedigree is all his own fault.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #522
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Lol I don't think it's a white supremacist word. It's short for ####old. Like calling someone a beta male but more harsh.
The alt right coined the phrase. How is that not white supremacist?
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #523
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
That's been a theme all year. I don't get it.
Just another example of the NHL's farcical inconsistency.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #524
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
He never calls tham anyway, but the timeout was burned on the video review.
I'm sorry, I must've fallen asleep, when did we have a video review?
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #525
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
If it wasn't so depressing losing, I would be laughing at how comical the incredible amount of bad luck is. Yeah, there are lots of things that I think could have been adjusted well, but FFS, that's a full season's worth of bad luck in just 3 games!

Ducks had absolutely no answer for the Flames until... they did. Flames played a very, very good game imposing their will on the Ducks, and then got rattled.

I would have liked to have seen Elliott pulled after the 3rd goal, or at least call a time-out and settle the team down. Yeah, sucks that you might lose a coach's challenge and regret it, but not doing either one of those things just allowed Anaheim to build their momentum, while having your rattled team be sent back on the ice.

Silver lining is that at least we can see the Flames being able to play a very dominating, fast-paced game. Monahan is the man. Lots of great players stepped up. Need to make sure Versteeg is re-signed. Flames will not be making the mistake of re-signing Elliott to a long-term contract (don't think he gets re-signed at all actually).

It isn't over... but it sure feels as if it is. Few teams come back down 3-0, and to have to win at least 2 games in an arena they have been unable to win at for over a decade is asking for a miracle at this point.

Who the heck pissed off the hockey gods so terribly? Seriously, I am a believer that you make your own luck, but damn this team has been experiencing some serious bad luck.

This team is too easily rattled. It just feels so different than 2 seasons ago when this team seemed so much more confident. Now they are easily rattled. A way better team, playing a more efficient system, but that swagger is not there. Face a bit of adversity, and they just become so rattled.

Well, I will be hoping for a miracle. I will just be happy to see the Flames show up and play hard though. Just win one game please. I feel like I am begging a girl who just broke up with me for one more night of pleasure before bidding farewell... Just one more night this season Flames, let me go to sleep with a smile on my face.
How do you even motivate the group when they played their best game, hit everything in sight, was disciplined, and dominated in chances, yet STILL lost? These guys are only human, and I'm betting it gets in their heads now.

I just can't see them even winning the next game. Which is gonna suck, cuz it'll be my first playoff game ever, only to see them get swept lol.
The Yen Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #526
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Gaudreau can be a lot better but saying he's a "non factor" is typical Polak attention seeking nonsense.
he played a good game, had an assist, even had a couple really good defensive plays. One of the last guys to blame this game
Old 04-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #527
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseFan View Post
Swimg and a goddamn miss, word-thinker. I suggest you be very careful who you start insinuating is a Nazi.
Look it up. It is derived from ####hold that the alt right coined for men they think are weak or "pussies"

Internet tough guy. Sober up.
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 AM   #528
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Not really an excuse. When both the Ducks forum and the Flames forum are simultaneously commenting how bad Elliott is looking, Gulutzan should have seen it too.

The very soft 4-4 goal should have been the last straw.
At 4-4 I could see it happening, except with how late it was in the game. Throwing in a cold goalie is really risky, especially with Johnson being so bad in his last few starts.

But at 4-4, if a change happened, I'd call it a toss up at that point and it could really go either way. I just wouldn't have had more confidence putting Johnson in over leaving Elliott in at that point. Not sure anyone would have.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 AM   #529
Jagermeister
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Honestly I know its extremely unlikely but for some reason I really think the Flames can come back and win the series. Win the next one on home, then if you can win in Anaheim the whole series is back open.
Jagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 AM   #530
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Swimg and a goddamn miss, word-thinker. I suggest you be very careful who you start insinuating is a Nazi.
Did you just seriously call someone a 'word-thinker' and think of that as an impressive insult?

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 AM   #531
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Honestly I know its extremely unlikely but for some reason I really think the Flames can come back and win the series. Win the next one on home, then if you can win in Anaheim the whole series is back open.
You are way more optimistic than most of us here it seems. I'm honestly expecting a sweep.
The Yen Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 AM   #532
IntenseFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Look ot up ot os derived from ####hold that the alt right coined it.

Internet tough guy. Sober up.
Yes. "Internet tough guy." Take your insinuations that I am a white supremacist and shove them. You aren't in my head. You know nothing about me. Piss off.
IntenseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM   #533
Burn13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am convinced after coming home that it's the Getzlaf retirement banner bringing this crap on us. Ever since its gone up we've sucked against this team. Like hanging the enemies flag in our house.

Pull it down already!!!!

End rant I'm pissed.
Burn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burn13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM   #534
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
At least we'll have another epic meltdown/lifetime ban to add to the lore

But seriously what is a ####? Is that something seniors or teenagers say as on the whole I find both groups similarly confusing
I used to call these ####s as a child. You know, half car, half truck.

Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM   #535
IntenseFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Did you just seriously call someone a 'word-thinker' and think of that as an impressive insult?
Did you seriously think that was some kind of take-down?
IntenseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM   #536
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wonder if stone will be back... He has looked ok, I don't know if he's good enough to be a top 4 guy on a true contender but I don't see any alternatives. 3 years 10 mil or 4/12? Or will someone else overpay well beyond that...
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM   #537
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn13 View Post
I am convinced after coming home that it's the Getzlaf retirement banner bringing this crap on us. Ever since its gone up we've sucked against this team. Like hanging the enemies flag in our house.

Pull it down already!!!!

End rant I'm pissed.
He's been burning us for years prior to that. I don't think that's it.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:22 AM   #538
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes. "Internet tough guy." Take your insinuations that I am a white supremacist and shove them. You aren't in my head. You know nothing about me. Piss off.
I didn't once say you were one. I merely stated that you used their phrasing.

Sober up.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:23 AM   #539
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Not only is he in your head, he's in your kitchen and mowing the lawn.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:23 AM   #540
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
This game turned on the softie to end the second. It said that a perfectly-played first 35 minutes and total control of the game COULD still slip away. It can't happen, except to a young team and when you get October Elliott goaltending. I'd like to see us ride one of the kids next season. At least then you can chalk an off night, or bad goal, up to inexperience. To have veteran goaltending and bs results is horrific.
Exactly what I was thinking after the second. This palooka is going to give up another bad goal like he has all series. Tree resigns him and I'm starting the campaign to have him let go. He has done a hopeless job at getting this team shipshape in net. Cost them two years in a row now.

Find an actual starting NHL goalie / not a wannabe who had a chance to claim the spot and a big payday and blew it completely. The weakest link on this team continues to be between the pipes.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote