Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-10-2020, 08:33 PM   #21
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Is there anyone in the AFC who can come close? Who is 2nd best? Buffalo?
I mean Baltimore was pretty dominant last year until their playoff gag job.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #22
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

That play gets a big yikes all around from me. Poor read by Watson

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #23
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The move on #20 Reid was gross.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1304240705628516352
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #24
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

BOB has pretty much killed my interest in the Texans. This should be an exciting time to be a Texans fan with finally having a QB that can make a play, but I hardly care anymore. Wake me up when he’s gone.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #25
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

If Mahomes passes for a TD here I win $102 on a $1 prop bet

Edit: rip

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:22 PM   #26
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
BOB has pretty much killed my interest in the Texans. This should be an exciting time to be a Texans fan with finally having a QB that can make a play, but I hardly care anymore. Wake me up when he’s gone.
Had a contender. Traded his way to a middling playoff team.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:32 PM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yawn. Bit of a snoozer. O'Brien has a winning record in the NFL but sometimes I wonder if they win in spite of him. He was way too conservative punting the ball near midfield. How could he not comprehend that once they got behind they were going to need to score on almost every possession going forward to stay with the Chiefs?
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #28
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Yawn. Bit of a snoozer. O'Brien has a winning record in the NFL but sometimes I wonder if they win in spite of him. He was way too conservative punting the ball near midfield. How could he not comprehend that once they got behind they were going to need to score on almost every possession going forward to stay with the Chiefs?
His conservative play-calling was exactly what killed them in the playoff game, too. Bad coach, worse GM.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:56 PM   #29
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feels like O'Brien is the spiritual successor to Jeff Fisher, Texans have never been bad under him, but they are stuck in the 9-7 zone.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:13 PM   #30
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol

https://twitter.com/user/status/1304228588762394624
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #31
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Have a little faith still. Not many teams going to beat KC on the road.

I’m no O’Brien fan and the guy thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. But there’s some talent on this team. Wish I had a better feel for what they’re doing with Crennel as I thought he was past his best before date. Now he’s no longer DC but assistant head coach.

I think they surprise some people this year. O’Brien will put together a team that scores points, just have to accept the bone head in game moves on a regular basis.

The guy needs a bench coach like what MLB managers have.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:31 AM   #32
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Miracle he still has a job after that debacle. That 1st round was a fatal blow to the Bears organization that they likely don't recover from for years or even decades.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #33
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since the Texans last game was against the Chiefs last year, they've gone from being 24-0 up to being outscored 82-27 in the next 7 quarters they played.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:03 AM   #34
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Since the Texans last game was against the Chiefs last year, they've gone from being 24-0 up to being outscored 82-27 in the next 7 quarters they played.
Than consider that 14 of their points were scored after the game was 31-7...they had a stretch where it was 82 to 14 in waht amounts to 90 minutes of football.

Right now I think Deshaun Watson is the one thing that's keeping the Texans from completely falling apart. Jabari Greer had a point after the game last night. Andy Reid get's a QB and tries to do everything he can to put that player in a position to be successful. Bill O'Brien seems to take the approach where he takes everything away form the QB to force him to become a better player.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #35
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Andy Reid get's a QB and tries to do everything he can to put that player in a position to be successful.
Donovan McNabb might disagree with that statement. Other than Brian Westbrook and one year of T.O., he was largely surrounded by pretty underwhelming skill position players.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:44 AM   #36
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Donovan McNabb might disagree with that statement. Other than Brian Westbrook and one year of T.O., he was largely surrounded by pretty underwhelming skill position players.
Yeah, but do you know if that was for Reid's lack of trying to get better players around him, or maybe him and his team were not as good at evaluating skill position guys as they look to be at this time.

Plus that's like 17 years ago now. Chances are the 60 year old version of Reid who had gone thru this before was able to self evaluate and realize what he would do differently the next time.

I'm pretty happy with Andy Reid as the coach of the Chiefs. When he first came in he went out and got Alex Smith, and over time they have been able to improve the skill position players on the team. It wasn't that long ago the Chiefs went an entire year without a WR scoring a single touch down. So they definitely sucked that year, but they went about addressing it after that. I think Bill O'Brien might have said, now that we hit rock bottom...lets see if we can use explosives to make a deeper hole.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #37
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe but a broken down Jeff Garcia got a worse Eagles roster within a FG of the NFC Championship with only Westbrook which tells me it's more about Reid's scheming and play calling than it is about talent as I think McNabb was an average NFL QB that benefitted from playing for a coach that can make chicken salad out of chicken ####. Reid obviously realized to get over the hump he needed to surround himself with more talent and with full control in KC he did exactly that. As good as Mahomes is he's also in the best situation in the NFL by a longshot as Reid could make a lot of average/good NFL QB's look great.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #38
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe but a broken down Jeff Garcia got a worse Eagles roster within a FG of the NFC Championship with only Westbrook which tells me it's more about Reid's scheming and play calling than it is about talent as I think McNabb was an average NFL QB that benefitted from playing for a coach that can make chicken salad out of chicken ####. Reid obviously realized to get over the hump he needed to surround himself with more talent and with full control in KC he did exactly that. As good as Mahomes is he's also in the best situation in the NFL by a longshot as Reid could make a lot of average/good NFL QB's look great.
Reid also had pretty much full control of the roster for his last few years in Philly and was kind of a disaster. I think Syl has it right in that he learned from his mistakes and possibly also some humility.

I think Reid has done great in KC and I'm happy he won a Super Bowl. I'm just more pointing out that some of the narratives surrounding the guy are a bit revisionist.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:11 PM   #39
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forgot to mention the Chiefs fans booing the "moment of unity" made them look like a bunch of brain dead hicks. I'm sure it won't be the last we see of that crap this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #40
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Miracle he still has a job after that debacle. That 1st round was a fatal blow to the Bears organization that they likely don't recover from for years or even decades.
Nah. If it doesnt work out this year they'll be back at the bottom soon enough. Let AR walk and trade away guys like Fuller and Jackson and it's a bottom 3 team again
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid xix