Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 08-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #61
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Yup, it’s all self inflicted and it’s a humanitarian crisis.
I am so torn in these situations.

I have nothing but disdain for NK's leadership and Party, but on the flip side I feel terrible for the run of the mill North Korean.

Sending helps just drags out the Regime's hold on power, but may save lives. I honest wonder if the west let them starve and tumble into chaos if it might force change. I suspect not, I think the Regime will do some ####### thing to make the West broker a change that will result in food aid for the country.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #62
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I agree on a very basic level that it doesn't make sense to have wealthy people owning dogs as pets while poor people starve in a country where dogs have long been a source of meat. I could see it being a pretty big trigger for dissent.

The sad thing is that North Korea has a lot of resources, technology, a large labour force, and shares a border with three of the world's largest markets. They could do so well if not for the Kim dynasty.

The problem with NK is that its rich in metals, poor in Oil and Gas and doesn't have enough farmable land to feed itself.

Stack onto it a government that has been obsessed with trading their resources for military hardware and wealth for the leadership and you've got a country that's been starving to death and has a strategy of food and essentials acquisition via blackmail

This is never going to change until the Dynasty is toppled and replaced, but I have my doubts of that happening as the people with the guns are perfectly content with their place at the table, while being paranoid that their every move is being observed.

The people who would usually drive a popular uprising are brain washed every day that it could be worth, and are too easy looking for feed every day to rise up.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #63
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I am so torn in these situations.

I have nothing but disdain for NK's leadership and Party, but on the flip side I feel terrible for the run of the mill North Korean.

Sending helps just drags out the Regime's hold on power, but may save lives. I honest wonder if the west let them starve and tumble into chaos if it might force change. I suspect not, I think the Regime will do some ####### thing to make the West broker a change that will result in food aid for the country.
Yeah it’s a complicated thing to get involved in. At the end of the day it’s just a bunch of people like ourselves who were born within those borders and have been mostly brainwashed. It’s terrible.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:10 PM   #64
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Joey Chestnut might want to do his research if he gets invited to a 'dog' eating contest over there...
Old 08-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #65
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonInBothHands View Post
There is a link to your first unread post for every thread. Its an aspect I really like about this website.
really? could be a gamechanger for me... where is it?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #66
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
really? could be a gamechanger for me... where is it?

This icon in front of every thread title.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #67
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

This icon in front of every thread title.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #68
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now I want to know how you were finding new posts...manually?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #69
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonInBothHands View Post
There is a link to your first unread post for every thread. Its an aspect I really like about this website.
I don't think it's works entirely accurate though. It's a great feature when you use it for a thread your regularly following and then yes, it brings you to the very last post you read. But I've noticed that if it's a thread you only visit on occasion or a thread you've never visited that is quite large, it doesn't work as expected.

I just tested in on the Funny and Cool Pic & Vid thread, which I never visit, and it only went back to August 9th. It's been much longer since I visited there, so I know it's not entirely accurate. Almost like there is a ''time limit'' on how far back it goes.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #70
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pulling up an old N Korean thread..
Ive often wondered why hackers dont do more damage to despot countries. This guy did.

North Korea Hacked Him. So He Took Down Its Internet

Disappointed with the lack of US response to the Hermit Kingdom's attacks against US security researchers, one hacker took matters into his own hands.

For the past two weeks, observers of North Korea's strange and tightly restricted corner of the internet began to notice that the country seemed to be dealing with some serious connectivity problems. On several different days, practically all of its websites—the notoriously isolated nation only has a few dozen—intermittently dropped offline en masse, from the booking site for its Air Koryo airline to Naenara, a page that serves as the official portal for dictator Kim Jong-un's government. At least one of the central routers that allow access to the country's networks appeared at one point to be paralyzed, crippling the Hermit Kingdom's digital connections to the outside world.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post: