Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:54 PM   #9341
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I would jet Johnny right now. I have seen more heart in a cpr dummy.
Recoup a few 1st round pics.
quit trolling loser
Old 03-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #9342
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Pasternak put up bigger numbers, signed after mcdavid and got $6.6
Ok fair, but I think that deal is gonna look like one of the best in the league in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
7.5? Maybe if he puts up 80 points
The league has changed over the past couple years. McDavid, Draisaitl, Eichel.. star players are getting big money right after their ELCs now. If Gaudreau had signed after McDavid he'd be making $8M easily.

I'll be pretty surprised if Tkachuk isn't the highest paid player on the team after he gets his new deal.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:06 PM   #9343
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
Ok fair, but I think that deal is gonna look like one of the best in the league in a few years.

The league has changed over the past couple years. McDavid, Draisaitl, Eichel.. star players are getting big money right after their ELCs now. If Gaudreau had signed after McDavid he'd be making $8M easily.

I'll be pretty surprised if Tkachuk isn't the highest paid player on the team after he gets his new deal.
It all depends on production...what RFA player has gotten 7.5M that hasn't been in the 70-80 point range? (Eichel is below that because of injury but is point per game this season)

Not that I would be upset if he gets there but IDK....that would mean Calgary has two pretty solid scoring lines

Last edited by dino7c; 03-20-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:20 PM   #9344
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
It all depends on production...what RFA player has gotten 7.5M that hasn't been in the 70-80 point range? (Eichel is below that because of injury but is point per game this season)

Not that I would be upset if he gets there but IDK....that would mean Calgary has two pretty solid scoring lines
If Tkachuk puts up ~60 points or more and continues his monster two way play, he's gonna get paid. Somewhere around $7.5M still makes him the highest paid player on the Flames, while still being paid a lot less than some of those guys mentioned earlier.

The Flames really have some good contracts, honestly.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #9345
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d be a buyer on RNH. He’ll probably be a consistent 40 goal scorer once he gets off that dumpster fire on a sinking ship.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #9346
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

RNH for Lazar & Pollock.

Overpaying for former Oil Kings, it's what the Oilers do best.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 PM   #9347
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

RNH would be a great add. He's a good player who will be better when he moves on.
But there is no way the Oil trade him to the Flames.
The Flames are at a distinct advantage compared to the rest of the league as they are unable to partake in the regular pillaging of that roster.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #9348
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
If Tkachuk puts up ~60 points or more and continues his monster two way play, he's gonna get paid. Somewhere around $7.5M still makes him the highest paid player on the Flames, while still being paid a lot less than some of those guys mentioned earlier.

The Flames really have some good contracts, honestly.
Tkachuck's not getting 7.5.

He'll get Monahan's deal, or very close. Maybe a little more, 6.5. He's coming out of entry level & has no leverage other than holding out. He's a great player, but he's not elite ...yet.

If anything, treliving has proven to be a shrewd GM when it comes to signing players where he has control.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #9349
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Tkachuck's not getting 7.5.

He'll get Monahan's deal, or very close. Maybe a little more, 6.5. He's coming out of entry level & has no leverage other than holding out. He's a great player, but he's not elite ...yet.

If anything, treliving has proven to be a shrewd GM when it comes to signing players where he has control.
I guess we'll see. And I hope you're right.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #9350
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

I think Tkachuk will be in the 5mil-6mil range. He's awesome, but he's not at that level yet
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #9351
Money Baer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Adam Mascherin (2nd rounder, 2016) told Florida he won't be signing with them. Could be a nice pickup and soften the blow in a draft where we don't have too many picks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Money Baer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #9352
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Baer View Post
Adam Mascherin (2nd rounder, 2016) told Florida he won't be signing with them. Could be a nice pickup and soften the blow in a draft where we don't have too many picks.
Ohh that would be sweet, would be competing with a bunch of other teams for his signing though. Is this recent news?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #9353
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Baer View Post
From what I read it's rumored to be possible, but I haven't found anything showing this as confirmed true.
Even going back to last year there were rumblings that he wasn't happy with Florida not contacting him in the off-season or something so it could be true.

He's another small guy LW/C with a LHS however, LW is our deepest position of strength sadly. Good kid though
Old 03-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #9354
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Scouting report on Adam Mascherin

Quote:
Prolific scoring winger who combines an exceedingly high work ethic with speed, skill, and a mature approach to the game to overcome size differentials. An intense competitor with a booming shot, Masherin finds ways to score by outworking the opposition. He may not be the tallest player on the ice, but he isn't a lightweight either. He plays a fast, heavy game and isn't afraid to battle against tougher opponents. All-in-all, a lightning rod kind of player who will exceed expectations and bring energy to the game with each shift.
Yes please!!

Old 03-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #9355
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like another Mangiapane.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #9356
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Why would anyone suggest this and then I saw Location:Edmonton. It all makes sense now.
looking at some of his posts he really hates Johnny.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #9357
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Montreal has a ton of picks this year, so I would propose Brodie to the Habs for their 1st and a 2nd (tbey have 4 second round picks).

Helps Montreal as they need a speedy, puck mover to play with Weber.

Helps Calgary because we need a first and a second round picki.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #9358
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamca View Post
Montreal has a ton of picks this year, so I would propose Brodie to the Habs for their 1st and a 2nd (tbey have 4 second round picks).

Helps Montreal as they need a speedy, puck mover to play with Weber.

Helps Calgary because we need a first and a second round picki.
Normally I would say no GM is stupid enough to do this but Bergevin is still there so you never know.

But honestly, why does Montreal do this? They need centres they don't need regressing defensemen who have one year left before going to free agency.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #9359
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I would jet Johnny right now. I have seen more heart in a cpr dummy.
Recoup a few 1st round pics.
Johnny Gaudreau is the only reason this team isn’t dead last in the NHL. He has produced points in 30 of the team’s 35 wins this season. If he doesn’t put up points, we basically lose. No team other than the Oilers/McDavid are so reliant on 1 player.

The biggest problem is that we can’t play Gaudreau 60 minutes a game. You win hockey games by outscoring your opponent, not whatever way you seem to think.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #9360
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really doubt that the Flames are going to trade off core players for picks instead of addressing roster needs.
They aren't in a mode now of doing that. We can debate if they should be, but I think it is clear they aren't.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread