Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #6281
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
Do you view these hearings and ongoing investigations between Trump (and his team) and Russia to be worthwhile? Or should they be ended since Trump has stated he doesn't have any ties?
I believe like any investigations we hear both sides and a decision is made. Personally I have seen zero evidence of any collusion with Russia. I find it hilarious that even talking to the Russians is crazy talk but getting 20million in campaign funds from Saudi Arabia is A-OK. I have not been a fan of comey since his first debacle decision on Clinton. In the end I think the truth will come out.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #6282
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
There is no circumstance where those questions will be answered in any hearing - it's not a matter of seeking classified information that you know won't be disclosed in a public setting; that's all well and good. No, she was asking for information that the witnesses cannot possibly provide under oath. E.g., "isn't it the case that Michael Flynn would have known X", or "If a meeting took place, wouldn't it be fair to assume that Michael Flynn would have said Y". Of course the only answer you'll ever get to that is "I have no way of knowing what was in Mr. Flynn's head", or "I can't speak to what might have happened in a hypothetical meeting".

I didn't bring up the fact that I'm a lawyer, but since you commented on it, yeah, it's actually that background that makes me wince when I hear questions like that. Like I say, they don't really serve any investigative purpose beyond grandstanding to anyone who might be watching, and I'd prefer the time be better used. Especially since, as you rightly pointed out, the witnesses are being surprisingly forthcoming given that there is (presumedly) an ongoing investigation on much of this stuff. Some of the members are getting a lot of good stuff out of them.
There was so much to wince over. One Democrat (with a bottle of Mountain Dew in front of him) was literally reading tweets as they came out from Trump and asking the Director of the FBI "what do you think of that?".

Another guy was reading quotes from newspapers and asking "do you agree with this article?".

And then another guy was reading other quotes from other newspapers of Trump staff badmouthing the Russians and Putin and asking "does that sound like someone who is in cahoots with the Russians?".

This kind of argument gets shot down on our hockey message board for crying out loud.

Last edited by RougeUnderoos; 03-20-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #6283
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

With each new incarnation, this troll gets more pathetic. Sad!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Red Ice Player For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #6284
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
There is no circumstance where those questions will be answered in any hearing - it's not a matter of seeking classified information that you know won't be disclosed in a public setting; that's all well and good. No, she was asking for information that the witnesses cannot possibly provide under oath. E.g., "isn't it the case that Michael Flynn would have known X", or "If a meeting took place, wouldn't it be fair to assume that Michael Flynn would have said Y". Of course the only answer you'll ever get to that is "I have no way of knowing what was in Mr. Flynn's head", or "I can't speak to what might have happened in a hypothetical meeting".

I didn't bring up the fact that I'm a lawyer, but since you commented on it, yeah, it's actually that background that makes me wince when I hear questions like that. Like I say, they don't really serve any investigative purpose beyond grandstanding to anyone who might be watching, and I'd prefer the time be better used. Especially since, as you rightly pointed out, the witnesses are being surprisingly forthcoming given that there is (presumedly) an ongoing investigation on much of this stuff. Some of the members are getting a lot of good stuff out of them.
So when you know someone is going to exercise their 5th amendment right, you wouldn't bother asking a series of questions which would lead a jury a certain direction to imply guilt or association?

You laud King for his questions when he admitted he just wanted to get stuff on the record as well. No real clarification, just getting stuff on the record. No difference except he letter behind the name.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #6285
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
There was plenty too cringe about. One Democrat (with a bottle of Mountain Dew in front of him) was literally reading tweets as they came out from Trump and asking the Director of the FBI "what do you think of that?".
I didn't see that part... Hah, hope the guy at least got a few campaign contributions from PepsiCo et al.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #6286
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
I believe like any investigations we hear both sides and a decision is made. Personally I have seen zero evidence of any collusion with Russia. I find it hilarious that even talking to the Russians is crazy talk but getting 20million in campaign funds from Saudi Arabia is A-OK. I have not been a fan of comey since his first debacle decision on Clinton. In the end I think the truth will come out.
What are you going to do if the Russian connections turn out the be true?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #6287
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Why is Trump having another rally? Why are you buying into that? That isn't normal.
To insulate himself in supporters as his administration continues to spin its wheels and embarrass a nation.
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #6288
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
What are you going to do if the Russian connections turn out the be true?
Deflect?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #6289
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I agree. So are you going to watch the Rally?
Will the lower IQ demographic be there chanting "Lock her up, Lock her up"?
sounds terrific.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #6290
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What are you talking about? Are you referring to givings to the Clinton Foundation? Are you not aware the Clinton Foundation is a charitable foundation and is fully regulated, requiring submission of givings and where those funds come from? You don't see a striking difference between the two? Classic Alpine Fischer!

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...postcount=3823

Last edited by Lanny_McDonald; 03-20-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #6291
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
What are you talking about? Are you referring to givings to the Clinton Foundation? Are you not aware the Clinton Foundation is a charitable foundation and is fully regulated, requiring submission of givings and where those funds come from? You don't see a striking difference between the two? Classic Alpine Fischer!

Your link took me down an odd rabbit hole.

You might want to fix it.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #6292
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Why is Trump having another rally?
Is it safe for him to be going out in public?

March 18th - a man who drove up to a White House checkpoint late Saturday night and claimed to have a bomb in his vehicle

March 18th - Earlier Saturday, another person was arrested after jumping over a bicycle rack in front of the White House

March 12th - A man carrying a backpack with mace and a letter for President Donald Trump was arrested Friday night after he breached security at the White House complex and was discovered by a Secret Service officer near the south entrance to the executive residence

http://fox61.com/2017/03/19/car-and-...ecurity-alert/
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/11/politi...s-white-house/
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #6293
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Kind of a random story, but I think it's pretty descriptive of Trumps America.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7637696.html

Meeting of African and American business without any Africans. Because you know, F that clean energy stuff and F Africans.
This is very similar to the story last week about all those international bands/artists who weren't allowed into the country to perform at SXSW. Unless Trump and his neo-nazi cronies are removed from office, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of this garbage over the next couple of years.
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #6294
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post

No. I'm talking about the campaign contributions.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #6295
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There were none. Not $20 millon. None. Saudi Arabia donated a total of $0 to Clinton's campaign. Foreign governments - even non-resident aliens - cannot donate to Presidential campaigns.

This is not a thing.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM   #6296
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What campaign contributions? Link please. Contributions are also subject to regulation and require disclosure by filing.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:12 PM   #6297
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
check the tax returns.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #6298
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

One campaign had a foreign agent for Turkey working for them though

Whataboutisms aren't reasonable lines of argument.

The bigger concerns should be what Trump's budget says about him and how he wants to deal with the rest of the world. Cut to the bone the budget for diplomacy, but increase the military budget the most since the cold war, and take the food and jobs from poor and disadvantaged people to pay for it. Not to mention eliminating anything to do with climate change, not just actions to prevent it, even just studying the environment. The EPA is required by law to test the environment for pollutants, but if there's no budget to do it hard to know when something needs fixing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #6299
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is a liberal thread. Im sure everyone who posts in here voted for Trudeau. Admit it.
You understand that Harpers PCs are left of the Clinton Democrats on most issues.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #6300
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those times Sesame Street torched Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8635077b6f15

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers