Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2018, 07:20 AM   #261
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I’m biased because I had Michael but I thought he played really well, pretty good play for such a young player. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him brought back to the show again. I just didn’t get the Wendell vote, if he had figured it out he would have voted Laurel and still been in the game. Too bad.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #262
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Donathon wins. He's my pick to do so right now.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #263
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I’m biased because I had Michael but I thought he played really well, pretty good play for such a young player. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him brought back to the show again. I just didn’t get the Wendell vote, if he had figured it out he would have voted Laurel and still been in the game. Too bad.
With 5 votes the Wendell vote makes some sense. Assuming Dom/Wendell vote together, his vote wouldn't have matter under any circumstance.

Dom - Michael
Wendell - Michael
Kellyn - Laurel
Michael - Laurel
Laurel - ???

If Laurel votes Michael, he goes home. If she votes anyone else, it's a tie and Dom, Wendell and Kellyn revote and he's voted off.

If Dom, Wendell and Kellyn all vote for Laurel, she's gone and he didn't betray her by voting for her. Could be a long term plan to show loyalty. Kellyn not telling him about the extra vote seems to be a big mistake on her part.

I think he played a good game, but the fact that everyone considered him playing such a great game, ironically, means he's doing something wrong. You can't expect to be known as such a threat and expect to win without winning out immunity which rarely happens.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2018, 11:03 PM   #264
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chelsea going home takes flamesrule14 out of Pool A, along with Regulator75 and Iggy_12 out of Pool B

Dunno what to think about this episode. Looks like the "4 guys and Laurel" are going to stay strong for a bit. I really thought that the "4 ladies + Donathan" thing had a good chance of working out and shaking things up quite a bit. Even more so when I watched that Tribal (Donathan! WTF at Tribal!) and Wendell didn't play his Idol. I get the feeling there's stuff we didn't see, or Wendell has balls of steel.

I still think that the 4 ladies + Don thing had the best chance for the ladies now. I get the feeling after this episode that it's going to be Dom, Don and Wendell in the Final 3, unless Dom and Wendell turn on each other.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #265
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dom and Wendell will have it out at the final 5. Winner of that wins the game. Donathon and the girls had their chance tonight and blew it.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #266
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Donathan and Wendell must have had a good discussion we didn't see, and Donathan warned him he was going to put on a good show. It looked like a lot of winking and sly looks were going on.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #267
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Some survivor related news http://insidesurvivor.com/russell-ha...season-3-33760

1. Survivor contestants going on The Amazing Race?
2. Former WWE wrestler on Survivor 37?
3. Russell Hantz to play in Survivor Australia 3?????
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #268
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chelsea's Ponderosa. This one isn't too bad.

Also...108lb! WTF!! How is an adult that tiny?
Old 05-10-2018, 08:00 PM   #269
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why do so many people in this not want to win? Happens every season. Laurel and donathan especially. Why do they think they have any chance at all?

Game over for essentially all but 2 maybe 3.

Last edited by Weitz; 05-10-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #270
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Why do so many people in this not want to win? Happens every season. Laurel and donathan especially. Why do they think they have any chance at all?

Game over for essentially all but 2 maybe 3.
I can only think that it MUST be different for them actually being there. We see in one hour what takes them 3 days to go through. So we get the 'ultra condensed Coles notes', with a narrative craft to it.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #271
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I can only think that it MUST be different for them actually being there. We see in one hour what takes them 3 days to go through. So we get the 'ultra condensed Coles notes', with a narrative craft to it.
I have to agree that there has to be something not shown to explain the stupid behaviour. They have to realise that Dom & Wendell consolidate more and more power the longer they go uncontested. This was likely their last legitimate chance to unseat them, short of Dom and Wendell annihilating each other as they cruise to the finish line.

Is there a hidden prize for each tribal survived? Laurel and Donathan are overly preoccupied with just making it into the next episode, rather than actually winning the game.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #272
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think no matter how much people say they are fans of the game, they usually are not and they think that they have a shot if they just make it to the finals.

Which we all know as actual fans of the game you don't have a shot by just making it unless there is an extremely bitter jury (there isn't this year).

I don't know what could possibly be going through Laurels mind in thinking she has a chance to win by teaming with the 2 guys winning everything and controlling the game..
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 AM   #273
Guest1

Just noticed this; Donathon never takes his shirt off. The other player that never took his off was Zeke. Because I believe he had "top surgery"? Is it possible to be gay-trans?
Old 05-14-2018, 02:44 PM   #274
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

http://insidesurvivor.com/school-of-...eason-37-33905

I remember this guy from the first season of amazing race I watched. Guess I have someone to cheer for
Old 05-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #275
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-s...revealed-33895
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #276
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Just noticed this; Donathon never takes his shirt off. The other player that never took his off was Zeke. Because I believe he had "top surgery"? Is it possible to be gay-trans?
Zeke actually did take his shirt off. Jonathon has some female looking features so maybe you are on to something.

Pretty sure there is like 60+ genders/sexual orientations.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #277
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

See ya Kellyn. Lots is still up in the air but Dom and Wendell are getting closer.
Dom, Wendell and Donathan are getting the best edits so my money would be on one of them
Laurel would be my next choice although she's playing too safe and I do not see a world where Sebastian or Angela win. They're invisible
Hoping one of Dom or Wendell can win
Old 05-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #278
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats Dom or Wendall. I don't see them messing this up next week.

That Wendall screw-up at the immunity challenge should've meant the end of him or Dom. I really thought this final 7 would result in one of them going. But they didn't even feel the need to use an idol, they were that secure lol. They even got the rest of the sheep to split votes with them.

Donathan was annoying all episode and played terribly, he's lucky he stayed. And Laurel is just a big disappointment.

Maybe there's a small chance things turn around but I can't see it.

Russell on Australian Survivor? I hate him, but I may watch it.

Last edited by mile; 05-16-2018 at 10:58 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #279
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

This season is getting boring again. When you see two obvious front runners and the rest are too scared or too stupid to break them up you get shows like we do now where they're just going through the motions.

Angela and Sebastion need to do something miraculous to make it to the end and get at least one vote, they've been just useless in this game. Just taking up space.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #280
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kellyn leaving takes calgarybornnraised out of Pool A, and KootenayFlamesFan out of Pool B with her

I found this episode both interesting and boring. The game definately feels like it's on rails and that it's Dom's game to lose. Wendell is a close second, but it feels like Dom has done more from the beginning and would have a better case to the jury. Guess we'll have to see.

I really liked the Reward Challenge. That mechanic scales very well to 2 people, and made for an interesting Challenge, and some nifty teamwork.

Donathon is really reminding me of Tai right now. Someone you can almost sort of play like an emotional fiddle, making them all paranoid.

I don't see the "Kellyn is a super strategic/good player" commentary, either. But maybe I just don't get her game. Seems like she's never been anything but on the bottom. But props for at least trying. Unlike Angela and Sebastian.

The only person I could see who MIGHT stand a chance with the jury over Dom/Wendell would be Laurel, but she doesn't have much of a case either, beyond "Well, I mostly stayed with these guys, and let them lead me around, too." The jury doesn't seem particularly bitter towards either Dom/Wendell, which is what she'd really have to be hoping for.

The Immunity Challenge 'controversy'...I think that Wendell must be the first person who's ever finished to not start shouting for Jeff. I think that the right call was made. I do think he finished first...but he was standing there admiring his handiwork and Laurel beat him to the punch. You snooze, you lose.

It kinda seems like a shame, but it feels like the only point left to this season is to wonder who D/W are going to take into the Final 3 with them. Though, since next week is the Finale, it might be a Final Four. But then, this Season is supposed to use that 'new Final twist', too. Or...if D or W win the challenge...who they take with them, and who they force to fight it out. I suppose a case could be made either way.

I like that they teased some "possible shakeups!" in the next episode, but given that they've been doing that all season and it's pretty much been a season on rails, I'm doubting that this is any really big thing in the end.

I really do wonder if either Dom or Wendell win the final Immunity Challenge...do they take the other, or decide that "it ends here", take a goat, and hope that one of the leftovers manages a hail mary and gets the other out during the Fire Making Challenge...since the only Jury competition for Dom or Wendell are each other.

Oh, and I won't be able to watch the Finale as it airs, but I will try to update this thread ASAP instead of waiting 2- 3 days until I can watch it.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: