Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2024, 03:49 PM   #14841
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
That actually reminds me of one that was annoying me the other day, but people that don't realize the curb lane in residential is a driving lane if there are no cars parked in it. This isn't related to your gear grinder at all, passing in a playground zone is wack, but I'm starting to get annoyed at people turning right from the middle of the road instead of moving over first. Really minor thing just grates me

Another one is people that drive down the middle of a two lane road, or parking lot lane. Especially when they get to the end of it and have to wait to turn, but they're blocking incoming traffic from entering. Come on doofus, you have 4 feet of empty space to the right of you. Move over!
Every single morning after dropping off at school, I watch idiot after idiot 6 feet away from the parked cars in a line at a stop sign permanently stopped because gridlock is created in the intersection since the traffic coming the opposite direction doesn’t have room to get through.

If there isn’t traffic coming the other way it’s still twice as slow because everyone turns left straddling both lanes, or turns right straddling both lanes.

2/5 days it’s the lady in her massive Yukon who thinks the school bus is going to inflate while she’s trying to squeeze through past it (she even has 3’ each side). So she just sits waiting for 10 cars and two busses to go just backing up the avenue. So stupid and if you can’t figure out the actual dimensions of your vehicle you should ride a bike.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2024, 05:37 PM   #14842
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Does the city roads engineering actually improve anything they touch, or is their mission statement to make traffic so stupid that people would rather crawl through the sewer than deal with the ####show they leave behind. City wants to density the inner city, but can’t help but #### things up so the roads can’t handle half the traffic currently.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:06 PM   #14843
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Every single morning after dropping off at school, I watch idiot after idiot 6 feet away from the parked cars in a line at a stop sign permanently stopped because gridlock is created in the intersection since the traffic coming the opposite direction doesn’t have room to get through.

If there isn’t traffic coming the other way it’s still twice as slow because everyone turns left straddling both lanes, or turns right straddling both lanes.

2/5 days it’s the lady in her massive Yukon who thinks the school bus is going to inflate while she’s trying to squeeze through past it (she even has 3’ each side). So she just sits waiting for 10 cars and two busses to go just backing up the avenue. So stupid and if you can’t figure out the actual dimensions of your vehicle you should ride a bike.
That’s like tiny people in those db jacked up trucks. 5’6 driving a piece of crap truck. Now they need 20 minutes to go back and forth in a parking lot to figure out how to back in and park. Just get a Mini Cooper.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2024, 07:09 PM   #14844
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cause tall people in trucks would make sense.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:10 PM   #14845
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Was just out for a ride, and a guy used the parking lane to pass me on the right, while I was going the speed limit in a playground zone. Are people bribing driving examiners to get their licenses?
The amount of accidents on bare roads is alarming.

We have a lot of bad drivers now, it’s extremely frustrating.

It feels like since the pandemic the traffic has increased by 200% and all 200% of them are idiot drivers.

The amount of idiots making wide right turns from residential areas is nuts. Unable to drive at 50.

The Covid pandemic might be over but the pandemic of idiot drivers has just begun.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2024, 07:41 PM   #14846
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
The amount of accidents on bare roads is alarming.

We have a lot of bad drivers now, it’s extremely frustrating.

It feels like since the pandemic the traffic has increased by 200% and all 200% of them are idiot drivers.

The amount of idiots making wide right turns from residential areas is nuts. Unable to drive at 50.

The Covid pandemic might be over but the pandemic of idiot drivers has just begun.
I contend that this is mostly transplants who have moved to Calgary for the cheap homes from places like Vancouver and Toronto where they probably drove very little or never. Now they live in a car dominated city and really struggle to get around.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:18 AM   #14847
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've started driving into the office once a week. My drive is about 40 min in stop and go traffic the whole way. I don't mind it since I enjoy podcasts (Barnburner and Sam Harris).

What grinds my gears are the dudes who need to smoke pot on the highway, making sure I have to keep the windows up and the AC going because of the stench.

On one hand - if you're so rage filled you need to hit the jazz cabbage at 9am... ok, I guess that's better than you weaving in and out of traffic.

On the other - how sad is your life that this is where you are at? At least eat edibles instead so you don't reek up everyone else's morning.
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:27 AM   #14848
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't commute by vehicle at 9am, but I can't say I ever remember that being a problem...ever? Like, do you constantly smell pot on your drive? Or is it once in 40 minutes? Every day? I'm fascinated here. This is a new one.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 09:40 AM   #14849
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I don't commute by vehicle at 9am, but I can't say I ever remember that being a problem...ever? Like, do you constantly smell pot on your drive? Or is it once in 40 minutes? Every day? I'm fascinated here. This is a new one.
I'm in a large "not Calgary" city. So could be that. Or the lack of Alberta wind I suppose.

In answer to your question - usually it's at least once per trip.
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SutterBrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 09:44 AM   #14850
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

K, Sutterbrother confirmed to commute in Kingston Jamaica.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:03 AM   #14851
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutterBrother View Post
I'm in a large "not Calgary" city. So could be that. Or the lack of Alberta wind I suppose.

In answer to your question - usually it's at least once per trip.

Vancouver is getting like that. Last time I was there the whole downtown area smelled of pot.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:07 AM   #14852
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The heinous devil's lettuce or the obnoxious fruity vapes, what's worse?
Old 04-28-2024, 10:08 AM   #14853
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vapes are the absolute worst.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:10 AM   #14854
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't know what it's like in Calgary, but they are so ubiquitous here that you can't walk anywhere without getting hit by a cloud of watermelon-scented smoke. Weed, usually only at parties and concerts. But that's probably the worst smell in the world.