Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #61
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

30 silver to train a skill at Level 20 was definitely a big kick in the nuts. Even without training everything, it sucked to lose basically all my money.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #62
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
30 silver to train a skill at Level 20 was definitely a big kick in the nuts. Even without training everything, it sucked to lose basically all my money.
Yeah, you really have to be smart with your money at the start. I even find myself skipping some flights and running if it's close enough. Gives me a chance to level up my gathering profession so it's not a total waste.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #63
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Question as a non-WoW player, I have tried to google it but apparently there is no one as dumb as me out there.

What is "queuing" as people are referring to in the first page of the thread? Do you mean you sign in to this virtual world and then stand in line for X hours? Or do you do something else (either in the game or in real life) while in line? Or is queuing in a game not like waiting in line in real life?
puckedoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 PM   #64
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
Question as a non-WoW player, I have tried to google it but apparently there is no one as dumb as me out there.

What is "queuing" as people are referring to in the first page of the thread? Do you mean you sign in to this virtual world and then stand in line for X hours? Or do you do something else (either in the game or in real life) while in line? Or is queuing in a game not like waiting in line in real life?
Servers are full so you are in line to get into the game on that server
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #65
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Server pops have spread out a bit, been a pretty good weekend so far..

Well other than that jackass in the UK that's been DDoSing battle.net...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #66
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Server pops have spread out a bit, been a pretty good weekend so far..

Well other than that jackass in the UK that's been DDoSing battle.net...
I got DC-ed 4 times in 20 minutes yesterday so I gave up. Played last night and it was fine. Today, I can't connect with my characters - "World Server is Down."
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #67
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

The people I play with debated transferring this weekend but decided to wait and see. Hopefully the free transfers stick around for a while in case the queues continue to be rough.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #68
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

A popular private server guild on Herod made one of the free transfers to Earthfury and immediately regretted it. Very few people playing on them right now.

They tried to get a GM to transfer them back, but were unsuccessful. They have all now rerolled to Incendius.

I think I'd be done if my guild asked me to reroll after getting to 60.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #69
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
A popular private server guild on Herod made one of the free transfers to Earthfury and immediately regretted it. Very few people playing on them right now.

They tried to get a GM to transfer them back, but were unsuccessful. They have all now rerolled to Incendius.

I think I'd be done if my guild asked me to reroll after getting to 60.
It would depend on how long you played together. It's been two weeks, so if you're forced to reroll a 60, clearly it's not a huge investment in time.

I'm currently leveling a warlock which is a class I never played in Vanilla. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm pretty sure I'll end up rerolling. I've already got a warrior and rogue going on the side.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #70
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
It would depend on how long you played together. It's been two weeks, so if you're forced to reroll a 60, clearly it's not a huge investment in time.

I'm currently leveling a warlock which is a class I never played in Vanilla. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm pretty sure I'll end up rerolling. I've already got a warrior and rogue going on the side.
I've levelling a Priest, Hunter and Warrior. I play whichever I want to do or, if I'm grouping with friends, what we need.

I had a hunter-alt in retail( a mage was my main), but I started WoW in the BC era so this hunter in classic is very different than retail. Levels of loyalty, and I was level 20 before I realized I could actually train my pets the things I learned at the pet trainers. Suddenly the pet training points all made sense. I figured that out while grinding trying to get a ghost sabre in Darkshore (got it on the 4th statue).

I am a bit disappointed I can only get a couple pets - in retail I liked trying to collect the rare pets. But it's still a wholly different mechanic so it is a nice change.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #71
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The world needs more Elf Knight Mohawks

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #72
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

night elf mohawks
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:10 AM   #73
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I didn't had any login queues over the weekend which might be a sign that the Classic grind is wearing out some people already. I'm still enjoying the leveling experience, though insanely long respawn timers for named mobs are starting to drive me nuts. Low drop rates for quest items are more tolerable because at least I get XP from mobs while I'm aiming for something. Standing around waiting for a named mob and hoping the other party doesn't snipe him first is way worse.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:12 AM   #74
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I didn't had any login queues over the weekend which might be a sign that the Classic grind is wearing out some people already. I'm still enjoying the leveling experience, though insanely long respawn timers for named mobs are starting to drive me nuts. Low drop rates for quest items are more tolerable because at least I get XP from mobs while I'm aiming for something. Standing around waiting for a named mob and hoping the other party doesn't snipe him first is way worse.
It sure is. I find in classic you get way more xp just grinding levels than questing. I've been grinding mobs until my quests turn green and then I go complete the quest and grind more easy to kill green mobs in the process. I'm leveling multiple characters at the same time to take advantage of rest xp and I'm in no hurry to get to 60.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #75
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Well, I sub'd and started an Orc Rogue for the full nostalgia factor (first character I played in original WoW beta). Gotta say, it's pretty fun. I only did one month for now, just out of caution lol.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #76
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I subbed but I just cant get into it anymore it seems painful to level and after playing eso the combat seems so slow I will probably just cancel my sub

Last edited by Robo; 09-19-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:55 AM   #77
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Night 2. Why am I still up?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #78
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having a ton a lot of fun with raid PvP outside of MC lately. Looking forward to layering being removed.

Pretty impressive that Apes is still able to put up the fastest clear times and highest parses despite everyone trying to wipe them on their way in.

While I have some issues with some bugs and things being not 100% accurate to actual Vanilla, the core game is as perfect as ever.

Last edited by Ashasx; 09-26-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #79
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Having a ton a lot of fun with raid PvP outside of MC lately. Looking forward to layering being removed.

Pretty impressive that Apes is still able to put up the fastest clear times and highest parses despite everyone trying to wipe them on their way in.

While I have some issues with some bugs and things being not 100% accurate to actual Vanilla, the core game is as perfect as ever.
That was mesmerizing and IMO the best part of Vanilla.

I found the best world pvp back then was interrupting a raid on a world dragon. So much fun.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:55 AM   #80
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Seems like the initial shine of Classic is wearing off in my guild at least. The first week or so we had 20+ people online seemingly every day. Now it's maybe a few people. I guess the grind is taking its toll.