Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM   #161
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I swear some posters actually want the Flames to sign really expensive deals. I'm not sure why other than to say "I told you so". Check back on the contract threads for Gio and Gaudreau. Heck, look at the predictions for Hamilton, Hanifin and Lindholm.
I think people do it so that when we ultimately sign guys for 6.75 they can celebrate how great a deal it seems.

but I agree, totally ridiculous
The Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:25 PM   #162
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’ve always felt 7yr 50M is fair on both sides. Hope it becomes a reality

Rittich is a much more complicated situation. Can be a lot of risk involved on both sides of the negotiation. Personally if he has a strong playoffs (2nd or 3rd round with average play) I could see a 3Yr/10M contract coming his way
Old 01-18-2019, 05:30 PM   #163
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Dan403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #164
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I see where you're going with contract considerations, but I disagree.

If you're building a team, you build around the best players. (The one caveat being that Giordano is 35) That means Gaudreau #1 and probably Lindholm #2, though I would agree that Tkachuk would be in the conversation for #2, as would Monahan.

Suggesting Tkachuk and Hanifin are 1,2 is kind of ridiculous. And I am a huge Hanifin fan.

I simply think Johnny will play out his contract here. That’s a big factor for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #165
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Offer sheets don't make much sense in most situations, as the contract generally gets so high that the penalty for the offer sheet makes it prohibitive.

But goalies are somewhat different, and generally lower salaries despite being critical to team success means that in theory, a goaltender RFA offer-sheet is probably more likely than a player offer-sheet.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:17 AM   #166
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
Offer sheets don't make much sense in most situations, as the contract generally gets so high that the penalty for the offer sheet makes it prohibitive.

But goalies are somewhat different, and generally lower salaries despite being critical to team success means that in theory, a goaltender RFA offer-sheet is probably more likely than a player offer-sheet.
I see the logic, but only one goalie was ever offer-sheeted and that was back in 96 (Ron Tugnutt).

It seems like Feaster has killed offersheeting. The ROR fiasco was the last offer sheet.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote