Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #7861
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Jeff Marek just said during the Oilers intermission that the speculation is that the Flames are looking for a defenceman. He said the same thing on one of the recent 31 Thoughts podcast episodes.

Pretty sure he's literally the only person I've seen saying we're interested in adding a defenceman.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:55 PM   #7862
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Jeff Marek just said during the Oilers intermission that the speculation is that the Flames are looking for a defenceman. He said the same thing on one of the recent 31 Thoughts podcast episodes.

Pretty sure he's literally the only person I've seen saying we're interested in adding a defenceman.
Brodie for hoffman

Fox for Mcdonagh

Team fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #7863
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Insider trading:
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider...o-open~1327614

Oilers believe that if they trade Maroon they will be able to get a low 1st round pick for him.
Priority for Chiarelli is to get a top prospect instead, someone they can put in the line up next year.
Maroon's agent will talk to the Oilers in the next 24-48 hours and door is not completely closed on re-signing him but likely they trade him given the interest.
Jets, Bruins have shown interest - neither team wants to give up a 1st for Maroon but have the assets to be involved

between now and start of next season, Chiarelli wants to acquire a winger that can keep up with McDavid, a defenceman that can help the transition, and a goalie that will push Talbot

Niemi, Mrazek, Chad Johnson, Robin Lehner are potentially available for the Flyers after Elliott's injury.

Vanek expected to be 11th-hour deal.
Kane, Nash, Grabner, Maroon dominoes need to fall before teams become serious on Vanek

Canucks priority is to re-sign Gudbranson but if no extension, they will move him.

Teams looking for a veteran d-man may look at Josh Georges $3.9 mil cap hit but Sabres are willing to eat 50%'

2019 draft eligible Jack Hughes is impressing scouts so much that some say if he was eligible for the 2018 draft, he would be the only one to challenge Dahlin for 1st OA.
Uhh lol
Old 02-15-2018, 10:01 PM   #7864
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think a lot of teams would be interested in Maroon. He's a big guy that can score 20 goals. I don't know about a late 1st round pick but I would never say never when it comes to NHL GM's. Heck I think the Flames may kick the tires on him in free agency as I expect this organization will be looking to upgrade on the wings.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #7865
HerbalMagic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I think a lot of teams would be interested in Maroon. He's a big guy that can score 20 goals. I don't know about a late 1st round pick but I would never say never when it comes to NHL GM's. Heck I think the Flames may kick the tires on him in free agency as I expect this organization will be looking to upgrade on the wings.
Can he score 20 when not riding shotgun to 97?
Old 02-15-2018, 10:08 PM   #7866
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbalMagic View Post
Can he score 20 when not riding shotgun to 97?
He's got 14 this season and I don't think that's all with McDavid. IMO he would be a nice big body opposite Gaudreau on the 1st line and he's not going to cost nearly as much as Evander Kane who's not proven to be much more than a 15-20 goal player himself.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #7867
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Like a 7th d man? Or a Brodie replacement? Because those are the only two places getting a dman makes any sense.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #7868
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames almost got a first for Russell but Dallas blew it...stranger things have happened.

I don't think any Oilers are currently increasing their value though
Old 02-15-2018, 10:19 PM   #7869
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And surely the Oilers will make good on having another first round pick. It's not like they're pros at screwing those up.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #7870
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:

This was a rumor earlier in the season brought up by McKenzie. At that time they were rumored to be looking for an upgrade on their 3rd pairing.

But then Kulak kind of stepped up and the rumor kind of fell off.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:52 PM   #7871
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bring in Hoffman! That is all.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:21 AM   #7872
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Location: Chicago Native relocated to the stinking desert of Utah
Exp:

Looks like the 'Hawks gave up on Ville Pokka...traded to Sens for Chris DiDomenico, who was in the 'Hawks' system before.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #7873
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This isn't exactly trade speculation, but, team movement and potential expansion speculation...I'd like to hear CP's take on the possibilities.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...he-blackhawks/

1. These 'Hawk beat writers have Arizona moving to Houston as a virtually done deal.

2. The 'Hawk beat writers say that Seattle would be a possible expansion destination, and if so, they would move BOTH Alberta teams to the Central to balance the Pacific, as the logical realignment.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #7874
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kane caught trying to change for Buffalo while Ottawa takes it down the ice in OT and Hoffman snipes another GwG.

Seems the prices on each player are likely going in the other direction as the deadline approaches.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #7875
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
He's got 14 this season and I don't think that's all with McDavid. IMO he would be a nice big body opposite Gaudreau on the 1st line and he's not going to cost nearly as much as Evander Kane who's not proven to be much more than a 15-20 goal player himself.
No
Old 02-16-2018, 01:32 AM   #7876
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoss1957 View Post
This isn't exactly trade speculation, but, team movement and potential expansion speculation...I'd like to hear CP's take on the possibilities.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...he-blackhawks/

1. These 'Hawk beat writers have Arizona moving to Houston as a virtually done deal.

2. The 'Hawk beat writers say that Seattle would be a possible expansion destination, and if so, they would move BOTH Alberta teams to the Central to balance the Pacific, as the logical realignment.
1. Seattle is pretty much a given.

2. But wouldn’t it make more sense to move Arizona, now Houston, to the Central? Otherwise if both Alberta teams move, who moves back from Central to Pacific? And I think Houston is already in the Central time zone, and a natural rivalry with Dallas.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:42 AM   #7877
thefoss1957
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

@IamnotKenKing...I think that the assumption is that Seattle comes in before the move to Houston...then Seattle, of course, is the natural for going to the Pacific, and so, then, the two Alberta teams would move to the division with Winnepeg, also, a bit of a natural rivalry.

But, yes, if and when the Dogs move to Houston, I could see another realignment.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:48 AM   #7878
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope not. Outside of Arizona and Vegas the Flames have pretty good rivalries with every team in the Pacific. I'd be very disappointed to see that taken away.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #7879
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Logical thing, if Seattle comes in before the Coyotes relocate, would be to move Arizona to the Central anyway. After all, Colorado is on Mountain time and is already in the Central Division.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #7880
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary in a division with Edmonton , Colorado and Texas teams makes sense to me for whatever reason. But Houston is a 4 hour flight, not exactly close.
Closed Thread