Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:
Default WTB- Cheap Grey Cup Tickets

I am looking for a pair of tickets for the Grey Cup. The catch- looking for cheap ones. My thought is that many people bought them hoping for either a Stamps home game, or one of Saskatchewan/ Edmonton being in and it being easy to sell. So if that is you and you are now just wanting to cut your losses, let me know.

Budget is around $75-100 per ticket; $150-200 for the pair. For the top end of my pricing I would want something in the red sections.

Please PM my if you have something for me.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I am looking for a pair of tickets for the Grey Cup. The catch- looking for cheap ones. My thought is that many people bought them hoping for either a Stamps home game, or one of Saskatchewan/ Edmonton being in and it being easy to sell. So if that is you and you are now just wanting to cut your losses, let me know.

Budget is around $75-100 per ticket; $150-200 for the pair. For the top end of my pricing I would want something in the red sections.

Please PM my if you have something for me.
Lots of luck getting tickets in the Red with a list price of $419 for $100.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #3
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Yes, I know my offer is an extreme lowball. Like I said, it would be about somebody just wanting to cut their loss, and get something for their tickets instead of going to a game that they do not care about.

If I don't end up going, it wouldn't be the end of the world to me either.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #4
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Called my guy @ the Stamps yesterday to try and get 3 tickets for some clients coming in from WPG as our Season tickets are already full.

I can tell you right now the CHEAPEST available ticket (nose bleeds) is $310.00 a piece and your in row 70-77.

The seat's you've asked for are running about $450-525 a piece.
Unlikely but good luck, that'd be a steal if you can find some!
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Yes, I know my offer is an extreme lowball. Like I said, it would be about somebody just wanting to cut their loss, and get something for their tickets instead of going to a game that they do not care about.

If I don't end up going, it wouldn't be the end of the world to me either.
I would suggest that if you want to do an extreme lowball (and that's just fine), you should be expecting the cheapest seats, not the most expensive.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #6
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought about selling mine, apparently so did everyone else...LOL

Just on principle alone , I wouldn't take such a loss so I am going to the game.

I expect it will be a good one, and I'm a Keith Urban fan so theres that as well.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I would suggest that if you want to do an extreme lowball (and that's just fine), you should be expecting the cheapest seats, not the most expensive.
I think he can ask for whatever seats he wants. Being in the same boat as Ken I think people underestimate how soft the market is compared to ticket prices.

The problem is the weather looks pretty good and most people like nufy will just go. If it was gonna be -15, finding tickets for 70% off wouldn’t be that difficult I don’t think.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #8
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For sure he can do whatever and ask whatever he wants.

But I can the POV that its kind of funny to say, if you want to squeeze an extra $25 out of me, it better be in the red seats, when the lowest tickets out there are $300 to begin with.

But no harm either way.
Matt Reeeeead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

We went to the Grey Cup in Vancouver around 2005, and it was Edmonton vs Montreal. So two teams without any local interest. I think at the time we paid $200 each for our seats which were terrible, behind the goal line. On the Saturday afternoon, we just bought new tickets for around $50 each and sat at the 40 yard line. We had plenty of options as well of people who just didn't have any interest in going to the game. By Sunday there were tonnes of people out front of BC Place just trying to offload tickets. We didn't even sell our original tickets. I think the best offer we had was $20 for the pair, and at that price we hung onto them just in case our new tickets were counterfeit.

I am not a huge CFL fan any more. I'll watch the big games, or the odd Friday night game in the summer. I apologize if I have struck a nerve with some people; that was not my intention. Before posting this I saw a lot of inventory on Stub Hub; more than what I thought would sell. I figured with this post that maybe I would find somebody here who wouldn't feel as bad about selling for a loss to somebody they kind of know. I did the same thing last year with a Flames game- and had a couple of good offers. The final offer was very kind, and as a result have also made a few CP friends.

The "squeeze an extra $25 out of me" wasn't meant that way at all. I have had a couple of offers for tickets in the corner sections for $100 each. (One within minutes of Winnipeg winning.) For me that wasn't worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post: