Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #601
flamingred89
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Good on Mike Fiers for standing up and helping to blow the whistle on this. I wish more athletes would stand up for the integrity of the games they play(*cough* Patriots players *cough*).

As mentioned before, the whispers have been there for awhile, and this further cements that the Astros are doing their best to be a pretty deplorable franchise. I hope the drop off is swift and fast for those cheating cheaters.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #602
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Just so much to absolutely despise about that franchise.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #603
fleury
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just when you thought you couldn't hate them more. That's gaming in the wrong way.
fleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #604
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Good on Mike Fiers for standing up and helping to blow the whistle on this. I wish more athletes would stand up for the integrity of the games they play(*cough* Patriots players *cough*).

As mentioned before, the whispers have been there for awhile, and this further cements that the Astros are doing their best to be a pretty deplorable franchise. I hope the drop off is swift and fast for those cheating cheaters.
Ehh. It's hard to fully credit Fiers for bravery when he went along with it in the moment, got his championship, then started commenting two years after he left.

That said, he's still several steps up from Justin Verlander, who just cannot stop going out of his way to be a hypocrite.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 PM   #605
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
You don't replace a guy who is dealing with someone you hope will deal. Give him a short leash, sure. Have an arm ready the moment the next hit happens, sure.

This was basically what that coaching decision was:

Just saw this post and not sure what you’re talking about. Greinke had just given up a homerun and a walk. He had a short leash and he reached the end of it. The go ahead run was at the plate. And the guy they brought in had been lights out all season and playoffs. Funny picture but I don’t see how it applies. Lots of brilliant people after the fact of course. But Hinch played it perfect. Bring in Harris to finish the inning and have Cole pitch 8 and 9.

As for the cheating the Astros have been doing, yeah they are definitely guilty. No excuses. Not about to call Friers some kind of hero for what he says two years later though. Their punishment should be comparable but less than the Cardinals who actually committed criminal acts.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #606
flamingred89
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sam Dyson, the Reliever who famously gave up Bautista’s bat flip home run, is being investigated for Domestic Violence. I knew that guy was a POS for the way he pouted and generally acted like an ###hat after giving up the homerun. This further cements that fact.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote