Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #41
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

CGY was spending a lot of time defending earlier and exits were not like last year. I think it has improved of late. When they move the puck quickly with short passes they establish a rhythm. With rhythm comes timing. With timing comes execution.

Confidence goes up and so does the creativity and quality of plays. The team needs any kind of goals to get going but they need that style of fast puck movement for above reasons imo.

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 11-18-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #42
Freddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I seem to remember the Flames needing to score goals last season because of leaky goaltending. This year the goaltending has been solid, the Flames aren’t scoring, and Peters main message is we need to be better defensively. When I watch that interview I see a coach who is trying to get consensus from the media because he didn’t get it (convincingly) from the dressing room. He may be being tuned out already.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #43
Gord_Wappel
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I think Peters is coaching differently this year.One of the things i really liked about last year is him riding the "hottest" 6 forwards during the last half of the game and rewarding guys by moving them up or down. There was also alot more focus on back pressure and gap control and having at least 1-2 forwards back on breakouts.
Gord_Wappel is offline   Reply With Quote